Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Strange Quark posted:

Want to do anything more involved with the data? Check out the full results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqEoMFzJjX3y5PycPLH2B8D0iivEWf_tE9ibT764jQw/edit?usp=sharing

Don't mind if I do!

What are the results if we only count votes for #1? 58 goons submitted a ranked pick for single best anime of 2020, and the results are:
    1. Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! | Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (17)
    2. Dorohedoro (9)
    3t. Akudama Drive (5)
    3t. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen | Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 (5)
    5t. Adachi to Shimamura | Adachi and Shimamura (2)
    5t. IDOLiSH7: Second Beat! (2)
    5t. Munou na Nana | Talentless Nana (2)
Followed by sixteen more anime garnering a single #1 vote each.

The top four remain intact. Eizouken remains the decisive choice, with 29.3% of the vote, followed by runner-up Dorohedoro's 15.5%. No other anime break a double-digit percentage.

Strange Quark posted:

2. Noticed the duplicate response I deleted from Cantaloupe was left in the spreadsheet, so I've only fixed that now.

Yes_Cantaloupe's duplicate vote has now been removed to preserve the integrity of the results!

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
How about a weighted ranking? Votes for #1 equal 5 points, #2 = 4, #3 = 3, #4 = 2, #5 = 1. Unranked votes get 3 points each. A few goons specified their #1 but left their other four unranked, so those will count for 2.5 points, so as not to allow them undue influence over our sacred democratic process. Honorable mentions get nothing!

The weighted results are:
    1. Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! | Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (170 points)
    2. Dorohedoro (103.5 points)
    3. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen | Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 (97.5 points)
    4. Akudama Drive (87.5 points)
    5. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season | Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (41 points)
    6. Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. | BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. (39 points)
    7. Maoujou de Oyasumi | Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle (36 points)
    8. Chihayafuru 3 (33 points)
    9. Deca-Dence (32.5 points)
    10. Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... | My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (26 points)

11. Haikyuu!! To the Top (24 points)
    12t. Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season | Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 2 (23 points)
    12t. Mairimashita! Iruma-kun | Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (23 points)
    14. Munou na Nana | Talentless Nana (21 points)
    15t. Great Pretender (19 points)
    15t. Kakushigoto (TV) (19 points)
    17. Ishuzoku Reviewers | Interspecies Reviewers (18 points)
    18. Adachi to Shimamura | Adachi and Shimamura (17 points)
    19t. Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season | My Hero Academia 4 (16 points)
    19t. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T | A Certain Scientific Railgun T (16 points)
Trivia: Chihayafuru 3 is the highest ranked anime (8th) to receive no votes for #1. 73 of the 211 qualifying anime received at least one point; the median was 7 points.

Weighted ranking gives us the same top ten anime as the unweighted ranking, with a few changes in order. Akudama drops two spots and Dorohedoro rises two, exchanging second and fourth; Sleepy Princess and Chihayafuru both rise one to seventh and eight, respectively, at the expense of Deca-Dence, which drops two to ninth. The top four remain high above the rest, with an undisputed champion. I should watch Eizouken.

Congratulations to Resonance22 for being the only goon to pick the same five anime as the group consensus! You are the bellwether of ADTRW.

Strange Quark posted:

2. Noticed the duplicate response I deleted from Cantaloupe was left in the spreadsheet, so I've only fixed that now.

Yes_Cantaloupe's duplicate votes have now been removed to preserve the integrity of the results!

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 14, 2021

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Malsangoroth posted:

Eh!? That doesn't seem quite right, since it was my #1. Did I screw up ranking in the poll?
FRAUD AT THE POLLS! You're listed as ranking ID:Invaded #1 and Chihayafuru #2.