Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
5. In/Spectre (interesting characters and concept, although the approach of making most of the season one long arc didn't really work)
4. Golden Kamuy s3 (we get some resolution to some long-running mysteries, some wonderfully silly scenes, and some wonderfully tense scenes, although there are times when it feels like it's rehashing the plots of previous seasons, but in Sakhalin instead of Hokkaido this time)
3. Talentless Nana (seeing the protagonist find ways to defeat various superpowers was fun, but it also went in a surprisingly emotionally moving direction)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (good adaptation of good manga)
1. Re: Zero s2 (more Re: Zero)

Honorable Mentions: Tower of God, My Life as a Villainess

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Splode posted:

Hey this is a bit of a spoiler for people using this thread to decide what to watch, please consider using spoiler tags

Fine, I reworded it to give away a bit less.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Elaina has competent animation and a few decent jokes, which is probably enough for most people. It seems pretty well received everywhere else on the internet. SA sticks out as the sole outlier.

Was it? I saw an interview with the LN author on ANN that made clear that, at the very least, the complaints about Elaina being a moral coward aren't exclusive to SA.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

The poll is now closed! After 85 responses, the top ten standings by total votes are:

1. Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! | Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (43)
  2. Akudama Drive (31)
  3. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen | Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2 (30)
  4. Dorohedoro (29)
  5. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season | Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (15)
  6. Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. | BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. (15)
  7. Deca-Dence (14)
  8. Maoujou de Oyasumi | Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle (12)
  9. Chihayafuru 3 (11)
  10. Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... | My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (10)

The top ten list also happens to be the only anime with at least ten votes total. Not much change from the halfway update. Eizouken has the clear lead in first, while Akudama Drive, Kaguya S2, and Dorohedoro are fairly interchangeable (though Dorohedoro has the advantage in first ranked votes among them) before the sharp drop off in votes for fifth place and below.

Want to do anything more involved with the data? Check out the full results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqEoMFzJjX3y5PycPLH2B8D0iivEWf_tE9ibT764jQw/edit?usp=sharing

You seem to have left me out of the data.