Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Honorable Mentions

-Burn the Witch was really cool. Kinda comforting to see Kubo's art at such a high quality after so long. Please don't let the Bleach anime revival suck even though it probably will.
-Show by Rock Mashumairesh. I didn't have the love for the new season that I did for the first, but it was still pretty drat cute.

5. Major 2nd

I'm always a slut for baseball, and the continuation of Major 2nd still has baseball in it. Also just had a pretty likable cast in general, Major is pretty good, check it out.

4. Love Live Nijigasaki

The most unique season in a lot of ways. Some character arcs really dragged, but the animation was always incredible. It's the first Love Live I don't want a continuation of, but that's not really a bad thing. The story felt really compact and neat, and I just kinda admire it for being it's own thing and not being concerned with following the previous two groups.

3. 22/7

*Extreme shrugging* The character artist did my two favorite anime ever, maybe it's that? The idol music sounds a lot darker? The constant melodrama and weird premise? I dunno, but whatever the gently caress this show was, I loved it. Definitely want more of this. All hail Wall!

2. Star Twinkle Precure

When this show ended, I didn't know how to feel about it, but I think I'm in a good place with it right now. I'm a huge Cure Head, and this probably squeaks into my top five favorite seasons. It felt like they tried a lot of new stuff, the cast was really memorable, everything was really cute. Gosh, even parts of the ending had me crying. I haven't seen the movie that everyone says is the best, but I would really like to see these characters one more time. They're just too cute and lovable, and the show had such positive energy to it.

1. Oshi ga Budokan Ittekuretara Shinu

This is just a gut feeling. I don't think I had fun watching an anime in 2020 more than this, and it's mostly built off the sentimental value of some friends made this past year. Y'all know who you are. This is a show about idol fandom more than the actual idols, and it was just kinda right place right time for me. Eripiyo is extremely relatable, and seeing the extremes she went to support her best girl was honestly super endearing. Her friends were pretty great too, and ChamJam were pretty interesting when we got to see them. I don't think it's the best anime of 2020, but it's the one I feel most positively about right now for personal reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU