Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Boring Five:
  • Kakushigoto: The best anime of the year, and it's adapted from a work done by the Goodbye, Mr. Despair rear end in a top hat. So good that even the aforementioned rear end in a top hat recognized it and said "screw my manga, watch the anime, motherfuckers!". And he's right. So drat right.
  • Eizouken: Funny, rambunctious little (and not so little) shits make anime happen. Forget Shirobako and Bakuman, this is where it's at concerning the making of anime/manga sauerkraut.
  • Dorohedoro: Started spotty and janky early on. Got absolutely loving wild in no time. Probably the best adaptation this is going to receive. I hope there's more coming.
  • Kaguya-sama S2: The manga is near and dear to my heart, but holy bastard son, the arcs the anime covered this season was just :kiss:
  • Bakarina: "Turn off your brain" feel-goods. I know that the novels get really repetitive from here on, but this was a pretty good adaptation of the first 2 or 3 novels, so it's all good.

Boring Mentions:
  • Akudama Drive: This would've totally made it into the top 5 were it not for the fact I honestly didn't care about anyone in the cast. It was all pretty fun and titillating and extreme (oh my!) and stylish as gently caress, though!
  • SNAFU Climax: This felt like cheating since I had read the final novel like a year ago now, but it's done. It's over. It was fun while it lasted, goodbye.
  • Rent-A-Girlfriend: This had no business being as decent as it ended up being. Good Grandma and Good Girlfriend.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Unrelated, but definitive best (not so)little poo poo:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

4) Akudama Drive

I fear I might be overrating this due to how recently I finished it, but this was just a really well-done show. Our main character may have been the only one with any depth to her, but her journey was great, and the other characters were no less charming for their 2D natures. Visually, the show was stylish as gently caress, and I enjoyed how it subsumed every other concern to ensuring that poo poo was badass-looking. And it was. The show really stuck the landing, too, and I love how complete the story feels.
The show is absolutely benefitting a lot from "recency bias" (is that the correct term?) but it is, by all means, a pretty drat good show and legit would've made top 3 for me in any other year. I was chatting with my daughter and it sorta hit me how much it reminds of like a funner "what if?" for something like Psycho-Pass.

Absolutely baller soundtrack, too!