Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

1. Dorohedoro - An excellent mob story that manages to have two fully fleshed out casts of characters who are murderously opposed to eachother but each individually likeable.

2. Gleipnir - Does a very good job of capturing a messy unhealthy adolescent relationship with a sincerity. All of the sci-fi stuff is directly in service of its plot about teenagers coming up with bad solutions to their problems growing up without any positive adult influences.

3. Sleepy Princess - girl make funny face

4. Akudama Drive - It managed to maintain the high energy and extreme violence of something like the Raid over an entire 12 episode run and had an amazing sleezy style. I've genuinely never seen that high of momentum maintained that well for a full tv series. Every other example I can think of either hosed up the ending or was a movie.

5. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou - I watched this with prior experience from only the previous Higurashi anime which I disliked. And this show completely turned around my opinion solely through better editing, animation, and characterization. Even if the actual plot changes seem very insubstantial, it's improvement in presentation has convinced me to give the visual novel a shot.

Honorable mention

Deca-Dence - an okay show that would have been great if it was edited down to be one movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Not that high given that the scale starts at 6.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I'm just making fun of MAL scores. Wandering Witch seems to be just as popular as its art quality and character designs would guarantee without any real huge immediate deal breakers. It is very funny that people on SA kept getting re-offended that an anthology show centered around a third act narrative reveals had twists.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I wanted a Crank anime, it gave me a Crank anime.

Also small thing but it's nice to get a good anime that's from the perspective of the criminals/terrorists rather than the cops.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Another big one though spoilers for those who haven't seen it. It becomes very clear fairly early on that nobody is making it out of this job alive, and how each character chooses to meet their inevitable death does say something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wouldn't say all that early on. The show sets up to it look like it'll just be a straight rollercoaster of cool crime antics, but the moment Brawler falls around the halfway mark the writing is definitely on the wall that nobody is coming out of this show alive.
For some reason I remembered that happening at episode 4, so yeah amended to half way through.