Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

There were a whole bunch of shows that definitely looked better than some of the trash I was watching this year, especially towards the end. But you know, apocalypse.

In a largely arbitrary order:

1. Dorohedoro: On top of what everyone else has said, a good anime to recommend to your friends who "aren't anime people" but, like, for the opposite reason than why most people aren't anime people.

2. Bakarina: Not much I can add here either. The manga's been huge (on this anime subforum of a dead gay website) for ages. I think they made a few missteps in the adaptation, but the end result is still Very Good.

3. Eizoken: Normally I can't stand anything of the type "[medium] about why [medium] is so great", but this was good enough to get past that.

4. Re: Zero didn't quite hit the heights of its first season, but it's still pretty drat good (and is only halfway through so far).

5. Iruma-kun Is goofy fun (and the second entry on this list from the surprisingly populated genre of "bisexual harem magical school". Make of that what you will.)

Narrow misses:

6. ID: Invaded was a fun little police-procedural-cum-Inception thing that I don't think got enough attention when it was airing.

7. Magia Record: Given that this was a spin off of a mobile game of a far more popular show, it actually went some interesting places, and I very much hope in manages to get a second season.

Special mentions: Bofuri, Bookworm, No Guns Life, Hanako-kun, Princess Connect, the inexplicable continued success of Jashin-chan Dropkick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU