Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My list to get through 2020 Quarantina

* Gleipnir
GET IN THE FURSUIT, AOKI!
A very cool and gross premise rife with body horror, the idea of a secret change-all-reality game, and mysterious forceS/revelations was all up my alley. The designs and powers are unique and it's fun to see how some of the players don't have a great grasp on what they can do... yet.

Dipped a little in the middle but an absolute ride.

* Uzaki-Chan Wants to Hang Out
I'm a sucker for dumb teasing comedy stuff and Uzaki was plum full of awkwardness and gentle ribbing. I honestly can't believe Uzaki's design was a minor twitter firestorm.

* Talentless Nana
A while ago I compared this to Columbo, and the general idea of Nana being a HowKillEm seemed to hold through the series. Just a great bunch of Cat and Mouse poo poo and a really killer first episode.

* Adachi and Shimamura
Someone called it a great Disaster Gay series and it definitely had its share of awkward bits along with a genuinely good insight into "oh god do I *like* this person?!"

* Rent-a-Girlfriend
Watching the protagonist go though a breakup and find himself in a really, really lovely place is not fun. Watching him sabotage poo poo left and right because of that sucks. But it's also super, SUPER true to life. Just wish there were less masturbation jokes.

Honorables:
STANDING on 1,000,000 Lives -
Interesting plot mysteryplot behind an isekai that let's the PCs kind of suck!

BOFURI -
Hilariously broken VRMMORPG with someone adorable enough to break it across her knee by soloing starting area monsters

BNA -
Gorgeous animation but man did the whole thing go off the rails at the end.

Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun-
Another beautifully looking series but kind of got away from.me about halfway through.

Sleepy Princess-
Terrifying and Hilarious. Love the facial work on the Princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Doodles posted:

And the twist ending was "She's an even bigger self-centered rear end in a top hat than we first thought!"
The twist being hah! Dumb watchers, we made the series lopsided on purpose! it was MULTIPLE ELANA'S!! :smug: is something all right.