Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Senyoku no Sigrdrifa: It pretended to have serious drama while never delivering on that front. It had a funny episode (4) but then never dared to do more in that direction. It baited me with finally having a military anime with adult characters again, but then made them minor characters who accomplish little. In the end it delivered nothing but fanservice.

Great Pretender: Started out somewhat smart, quickly became an entire series of anime smart like in this youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JI9LmB1FZY

The post credits stinger was also incredibly absurd and the rest of the ending wasn't any good either! You never actually feel any tension that their scams will fail, cause the main characters have such bullshit intuition. And if they fail? That was actually part of the plan all along. That the backup plan failed? Also part of the plan. As a whole the writing is terrible, the villains are a combination of cartoonish evil and stupid that they might as well have come from an episode of Jonny Quest. I won't even get into the plotholes that break the believability of the cases. Its a beautiful show though!

Dounika Naru Hibi: bland romance movie. I regret paying money to see this.

Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo: Oretachi no Game Set: This wasn't THAT bad but I want to take the time to complain about 2 facts: 1. the whole series is supposed to be a parody of the usual anime harem fantasy by making the dense anime protag actually just an incel (fairly freaking ftw) pretending to be that way, a premise that it immediately abandons by the mc becoming that standard dense and nice mc. 2. The central conflict of this ova is idiotic. So the challenger guy, an actual harem mc, challenges our mc, fakecel, to a competition. The one who gets the most confessions wins. The other can't talk or interact with main girl any more. Now this other guy doesn't go to the same school as our main characters and main girl has explicitly told him she doesn't want to talk to him any more. And yet everyone treats this competition seriously. Just tell him to gently caress off, nobody but actual 15 year olds could get invested in this nonsense.

BNA: The geniuses at Trigger managed to make an anime about racism where actually the racists were right, the animals are brutes incapable of controlling their emotions.

Sol Levante: Netflix spend some time hyping up this 4 minute 4k anime short. Its ugly.

Isekai Quartet 2: Didn't laugh once.

Kyochuu Rettou Movie: I'm all for some nice gruesome horror but this was so censored you couldn't see poo poo and so obviously low budget you wonder what they used the movie budget on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I didn't have the time to finish it last year, but I'd like to make Japan sinks my number one. A bafflingly bad anime that frequently had me laughing from its bad writing. Its shockingly ugly for a Science Saru show as well.