Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I watch a lot of Netflix trash so I'm really sad Mushikago no Cagaster or Dragon's Dogma aren't on the list but that said:

1) Gibiate This series is honestly kinda unique to me because usually when I think about bad anime, I think about things I find offensive somehow, or the ones that drop the ball real hard at some point. But Gibiate was very consistently awful in a very inoffensive way. Pacing, animation, writing, it was all terrible but the worst reaction this series got out of me was falling asleep in the middle. If there exists objectively terrible show, Gibiate is it and I almost value the experience of watching it just because it seriously made me reevaluate my standards.

2) 22/7 This one wins the award for the most disappointing following of a pretty good first episode. Like, what the gently caress was that wall about? Why did they tell this one girl who didn't want to pose in a swimsuit that she has to suck it and do it for the group? Watching Sally Amaki's youtube channel is 100% better experience.

3) Jeweller Richard It was so loving boring. I legit would rather watch Gibiate for the second time than this one, at least in Gibiate I can laugh at cg bugs and general terribleness. Richard's premise had some potential but the presentation was so flat. Shows like this really need better production.

There wasn't anything I immediately noped out from (it was my year of coming out of anime comfort zone) but the biggest disappointment for me was Deca-dence and Great Pretender . Deca-dence was my favourite show of the summer, and then it ended, and I didn't think about it since. Great Pretender was more of a case of too high expectations going in, since everyone on the Internet praised it. I liked the first arc and then found myself caring less and less, even before watching the last arc, which yeah, was pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU