Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Heya everyone! Remember five years ago in December 2019, when you made new years' resolutions? Did you resolve to spend more time with friends? Attend more concerts? Get that weekly in-person RPG going finally? Haha?

Well, now you have a chance to try over again, because it's time to make Traditional Games 2021 New Year's Resolutions.

How it works is, you post your resolution(s) in this thread. They can be game-related or non-game-related, either or both is fine. In a couple of weeks I'll move this thread off to the hidden realms of the mod forum, and then next December after Christmas I or some other mod will have it moved back and you can see how you did!

For those of you who participated last year, here's the 2020 thread. It's open now, so you can post in that thread if you want to reply to stuff or discuss how you did: post in this thread to talk about what you're gonna do next year, or whatever. You can also be supportive and comment on each other's resolutions too, but please don't trash people for their failures, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

TG-related:

I fell behind on miniature painting due to COVID stress so I'd like to get some more done in 2021 and clear the pile of shame.

Malifaux:
I plan to buy into the Explorer's Society so I want to get my stuff painted for that.

Here's what I currently have that needs painting:

Basse Core box
Austringers (partially painted)
Paul Crockett
Trained Raptors
Hucksters/Desper LaRuex

Here's what I'm planning to pick up in January:

Apex Core box
On the Hunt box
Malisaurus Rex
Sand Worm

Carnevale:

La Grazia Researchers box

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
Run a game of Unknown Armies.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Alright, time to be more ambitious than last year:

1. Finish TMINT and get it out to backers.
2. Start running a game again. Dunno what, but something.
3. Finish Unnamed Farming Game.
4. Run another KS for something. Probably Guardian Mecha Generations or Unnamed Farming Game, but who knows.
5. Pet project option A.
6. Pet project option B.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Do we have to make resolutions? I was thinking of trying a theme this year, from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGuFdX5guE

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Paint more than I buy.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I have ~385 board games, not counting expansions.

I'd like to reduce that to 300 in 2021.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Agent Rush posted:

Do we have to make resolutions? I was thinking of trying a theme this year, from this:

Sure! Declare a theme for the year, and next year when I resurface this thread, you'll be able to tell if you remembered to live that theme and made a positive change, or not.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
In 2021 I resolve to run at least one adventure or campaign that isn't D&D, and to play some games that aren't D&D, or at the very least not D&D 5E.

Yes, I'm the "he" from my tag, it's part of the joke.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
TG-wise, I plan on continuing to run games for as many people as I can during the week while still reserving time for myself as a player. I have managed to run games on a daily basis for more than ten months for mostly unique cohorts of players, and I would like to continue progressing as a GM. I also resolve to continue updating the megadungeon thread, even if it is post after post of me rambling to myself.

From 2020, I ran the following:

- 5 D&D games (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday) - 3 are still surviving, one is in limbo
- 2 GURPS Dungeon Fantasy games (Sunday, Wednesday) - Friday will start next year as well
- 1 Feng Shui 2 game
- 1 Forged in the Dark game

I'd like to add Sword World 2.0 to the list and continue to broaden my horizons with players keen on exploring a new game system. Perhaps the D&D games will slowly morph into other games if I can trick players into doing so, but it's what you might call a "long game" type of affair.

I would like to start recording more in depth content for a TG-focused podcast with me and some of my players who are also GMs diving into niche topics. We recorded a test episode about what to do when 'inheriting' a game and characters from another burned out GM, and that turned out pretty well as a test. I'd like to develop more ideas on that front into things that other people might find useful whenever we gear up for general distribution.

I also picked up what most would consider an esoteric music instrument, so I have already booked out time and lessons for playing the erhu (Chinese upright two-stringed bowed instrument, similar to a cello or violin):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVXejOoPECA

I'd like to begin incorporating music and audio into the TG-related stuff that I do, and maybe adding musical performance to that might be an interesting convergence!

I also would like to do more boardgaming. I was playing a lot of riichi mahjong earlier this year but I more or less completely fell off the wagon for new boardgames coming out. I'd like to make that a part of my life again since I enjoy them greatly, but I'll have to wait until after things are safe to play in person again.

Lastly on the TG front, once I move into my new house I plan on setting up a workshop to make Things, of which will include a proper space for painting, airbrushing, and 3D printing, and a recording mini-studio to do more of that audio musings on the above.

Also, I'd like to do all the other stuff that people do, eat more responsibly, do more biking, win the lottery, that kind of stuff. 2020 has had its ups and downs but I am planning for a strong finish and a bright, hopeful, and optimistic next year.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Haven't done one of these before (for TG-related stuff, at least). So why not? 2020 sucked, let's get some poo poo done in 2021.

TG goals
  • Get back to GM'ing. I haven't done it in almost exactly two years at this point, and I've been itching to get back to it in one form or another. I have a list of campaign ideas for various systems, and have always just put off working on concretizing them.
  • Join a game as a player again. I started this year as part of a regular group, but had to drop it after a few months of weekly games because of other real-world priorities. Then I joined a promising podcast game this summer... that the GM dropped after three sessions. Aside from that, the huge majority of my TG hours played thus far as been as a GM, and I'd really like to do more on the other side of the gamemaster's screen.
  • Subgoal of the above two: play/run a game in a new (to me) system. Even bog-standard D&D in various forms are nearly completely unknown to me.... I have a handful of sessions of 5e under my belt, basically no 4e, and I kinda want to give OSRIC a try because of the sheer amount of third-party adventure modules out there.

Non-TG goals
  • Probably the same as basically everyone else: make a serious effort to lose weight. It's badly needed, and I'm tired of medical issues related to my weight, and the anxiety those bring with them.
  • Push hard for permanent WFH from my current employer. Signs are looking positive that semi-permanent WFH is going to be a thing, but my motivation is that I really a.) can 100% do my job remotely with no issues and b.) want to move to a part of the country where the cost of living is lower, so I can actually start things like "buying an apartment/home".

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't make any resolutions last year. This was probably a good thing, given that I spent much of 2020 in various stages of burnout and nervous breakdown. I guess I did manage to quit smoking again, turns out lung damage is a bad idea during a respiratory pandemic, who’da thunk? I’d only been going six months this time, but from the last twelve months literally any win is a win.

I have goals rather than resolutions — I don’t know if there’s really that much of a difference between them. I guess that to me, resolutions are less defined, “I will do X more/less” as opposed to “I will do X 10 times this year”. Probably only makes sense in my head…

TG Goals

• Play more boardgames. My unplayed pile is small — right now just Shadow Over Westminster, Villagers, and the expanded Among the Stars — but I’ve got more coming from Kickstarters and getting time to try something new rather than something my girlfriend and I both already know can be tricky.
  • Run a goddamn RPG online for friends. I’ve been threatening to do so for the past nine months, but have never quite got the get-up-and-go. The major hurdle’s gonna be convincing people that it’s worth their time playing something that isn’t 5e, because that’s all the buggers have heard of and I have too much self-respect to waste my time with that poo poo.
  • Write something, anything, that I can kick out on Patreon. I’ve had the account for over a year and so far I’ve published a grand total of one thing, which sucks as I feel like a failure. At least my patrons are only charged per release…

Non-TG Goals

• Get out of this loving job. This is the big one, the thing that’s hosed up so much over the past year. But I can’t quit without a new job (because I have to pay for little things like the drat mortgage, in addition to my TG buying), and ain’t no fucker been hiring. I’m giving myself the next twelve months to fix that.
  • Exercise more. Burnout meant I stopped doing daily workouts, lockdown meant I could trade them for 4-mile walks every few days, but the lovely weather over the past few months has stopped that, as has having less than seven hours of available daylight.
  • In general, and related to the last couple of TG goals, be more creative in general. I’ve done too much passive consumption and I want to create, but whenever I try I can’t bring myself to fight past the whole pile of mental bullshit. If I were in a slightly healthier psychological state I’d drop acid and stalk my muse through the collective planetary superconsciousness, but that’s way too risky just now.

Huh. Sorry, that got quite e/n...

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 3, 2021

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Here we go again!

1. Try get back on the weight loss wagon. I've put on the pounds during lockdown and need to knock em off again!
2. If restrictions loosed up enough, get some driving lessons.
3. Continue tracking my purchases and painting and paint more minis than I acquire. Hopefully should be easier this year as I don't have a ton of Kickstarters waiting to drop!
4. Paint up a 15mm Dwarf army for HOTT.
5. Paint up all the random undercoated figures I have on and around my painting desk.
6. Make some headway into organising my collection and figuring out what I want to keep.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Leperflesh posted:

Sure! Declare a theme for the year, and next year when I resurface this thread, you'll be able to tell if you remembered to live that theme and made a positive change, or not.

Cool, thanks! For me then, 2021 will be the Year of Development! I've already got some ideas on how to work toward that, so let's see how it goes.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Resolutions!

1. Keep up with the Oath thread as my way of continuing to paint minis. Make sure I’m making and keeping an oath every month.

2. Finish my current Monster of the Week campaign! My players are close to the end, so I want to make sure I’m closing it out in a way they deserve.

3. Pick back up on my 5e campaign. I DMed a few sessions with my wife and a mutual friend months and months ago, and I think our friend is too polite to ask if we’re going to keep on going. I’d like to keep it up for their sake.

Non-TG goals:

1. Exercise. This is my big one. We were going to the gym regularly before COVID, and now I feel like I haven’t moved my body in months. That sucks, and it needs to end.

Octavo
Feb 11, 2019

When my friends and family went to work (or study) from home, it became much easier to schedule games. For a while I ran three games a week: Edge of the Empire, my first D&D 4e campaign, and Heart: the City Beneath.
After EotE and TYKRPG ended, I experimented with some indie games like The Yellow King RPG by Robin Laws, Swords Without Master by Epidiah Ravachol, and DIE by Kieron Gillen. I also passed the DM role of my D&D 4e game to two different players in succession, which has really helped keep the game fresh. It's been a rotten year for everything except for gaming.

TG goals

In 2021, I'm going to be working on trying to figure out FoundryVTT so I can run Lancer.
I also hope to run some of the following:

Unknown Armies
Deviant: the Renegades
Dune by Modiphius
Star Trek Adventures
Hard Wired Island
iHunt

Non-TG goals
Survive!

The main goal of the past four years living in Canada after moving out of Texas has been to become a permanent resident and I'm finally eligible to apply, so here's hoping that processes quickly. I really don't want to be ejected back into the US this next October.
I'd like to also resolve to make more (any) friends in Toronto, but given the slow response of Ontario to control or end the pandemic, I'm probably just going to hang in my apartment playing video games until vaccines roll out at the end of the summer.
I also would like to continue exploring the city on bike - it's a good way to exercise and I really love getting to see more of this weird and beautiful city.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

An unusual year behind us, I've got some plans for making this one better!

1. Play Jaws of the Lion through to completion with my 10 yr old. Make time you grouchy gently caress.
2. Keep this Mon-Fri job and make it permanent. It's awesome, and the money is awesome, and not getting assaulted all the time is awesome.
3. Finish Zeitgeist AP with your A+ group. We can do it. It's so good.
4. Cross off this list as best you can:
- Mutant Year Zero
- Coriolis
- Tales from the Loop/Things from the Flood
- Vaesan
- Forbidden Lands
- Twilight 2000.
Any of those that you haven't put to table, sell at the end of the year.
5. Get to 1100 chess rating.
6. Sell or play Sine Tempore. It's a shelf hog and burning a hole in your wallet.
7. Don't get COVID, and don't die.
8. Maybe get less fat, fatty. 100kg would be a goal. (that's 20kg loss, fatty)

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 2, 2021

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
16 hours late but here we go.

TG:
1) finish my custode 10k point (all assembled, half painted, hopefully should be done by the time school starts up in feb)
2) finish my 30K raven guard army (half way there)

ONLY then can i allow my self new model purchases.

other goals:

10 or less model purchases.
finally get a warhound titan and paint it.
do the minotaur primarus army i've been thinking about for yonks.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
TG:

Remember no gaming is better than bad gaming. (Cat-piss thread, I have some stories, let me tell you.)

Non-TG:

Get back in the groove of regular exercise.
Do more creative writing.
Be even gayer, somehow.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
My usual general goal: do more cool things. Be nicer to yourself.

My usual general goals: maintain exercise regime, maintain healthy eating habits, maintain or lose weight.

Adding some more: actually pluck up the courage to try out some new styles and explore my gender a little more publically once... you know... that's a thing again...

TG related:
Find a night and a group, and run my custom setting in either 5e, PF2e, or some new setting.

Beyond that, the world is in so much turmoil still, and the UK in particular is in such a loving giant mess, that I'm just not going to set specific TG related goals, I really don't feel like I'll stand much realistic chance of keeping them if I set things that are remotely challenging.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TG:

Finish more than one group campaign this year.

Non-TG:

Try not to die.

Keep my weight down.

Keep up blog.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Non-Tg:
Lose some weight, by drinking less and exercising more. Pandemic did a number on me on those fronts.

TG:
Assemble some kind of whole actual Warhammer army that could be played and isn't just a jumble of minis that can maybe be an army if you squint. This will either be Idoneth Deepkin, Necrons or Tau.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Agent Rush posted:

I like this idea ^^
I'm going to name this my "Year of Writing" with four subsections,
the Spring of RPGs, the Summer of Creativity, the Fall of Novels and the Winter of Discontent.
That sounds about right =)

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

TG:

1) Finish creating a "real" ttrpg (more than a couple of pages long, actual setting fiction, more than one or two mechanics, not just a one- or two- shot experience) and put it up for sale, with a proper free preview.

2) Continue to actually play ttrpgs at least once a fortnight on average, even if it's online.

3) Play some more board games, especially the ones I haven't had time to open yet.

Non TG:

1) Un-gently caress all the hosed up parts of the weird offgrid house I now live in, to the extent that I can be confident that the solar panels will produce enough power in winter, and nothing major will fail with the "plumbing".

2) Complete a small motorbike project, preferably finding a beat up ct110 and making it roadworthy.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Well, that was a hell year. I’m emotionally crawling into 2021.

TG Related
  • Write up Stars-Asteri, a three zine RPG that’ll be powered by that Fantaji game that never got a full F&F.
  • Get the AP podcast back on the track, because COVID blew up everyone’s schedules.

Non TG
  • Try one new hobby or thing a month. Already tried flash modding an iPod.
  • Read as many books as possible.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

1. Paint and decorative base my Blood and Iron Sea Dogs force, because historicals are neat and I haven't done metal models in decades.

2. Net negative models vs backlog for the year. I've got four Knights, six tanks, and a ton of IG not even assembled.

3. Run at least one session a month for the year.

4. Build a backlog of modules to run. Maps, blurbs, mechanics notes, so if I can't prep I can pull something out of my rear end.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
TG in nature:
  • Give the Great Pendragon Campaign another go.
  • Try out Cthulhu Dark.
  • Run a Trail of Cthulhu game, possibly as a warm-up to an extended campaign.
  • Write up Lords of Gossamer and Shadow on the FATAL & Friends thread if it’s not been done yet.

Realspace stuff:
  • Develop my bass playing to the point I feel confident jamming in public when the pandemic finally ends.
  • Push myself to learn new songs on guitar.
  • Declutter my apartment.
  • Cook and bake a lot more.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This seems to be wrapping up, post your resolutions now if you've been holding out, and I'll whisk this thread off to the astral plane for the next 11.5 months!

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

TG related:
Play all the board games I've acquired at least once
Back fewer projects on kickstarter and stop falling into the all-in FOMO trap

Non-TG:
Finish my Masters and at least one related certification
Walk 750 miles this year
Make homemade pizza twice a month

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In 2021 I resolve to run at least one adventure or campaign that isn't D&D, and to play some games that aren't D&D, or at the very least not D&D 5E.

Yes, I'm the "he" from my tag, it's part of the joke.

I did it! I ran a couple of non-D&D games, and played a whole lot of non-D&D games! :unsmith:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

Paint more than I buy.

lol, but consider also: lmao

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

TG Goals

• Play more boardgames. My unplayed pile is small — right now just Shadow Over Westminster, Villagers, and the expanded Among the Stars — but I’ve got more coming from Kickstarters and getting time to try something new rather than something my girlfriend and I both already know can be tricky.
  • Run a goddamn RPG online for friends. I’ve been threatening to do so for the past nine months, but have never quite got the get-up-and-go. The major hurdle’s gonna be convincing people that it’s worth their time playing something that isn’t 5e, because that’s all the buggers have heard of and I have too much self-respect to waste my time with that poo poo.
  • Write something, anything, that I can kick out on Patreon. I’ve had the account for over a year and so far I’ve published a grand total of one thing, which sucks as I feel like a failure. At least my patrons are only charged per release…

One outta three. Which given the last year ain't bad.

quote:

Non-TG Goals

• Get out of this loving job. This is the big one, the thing that’s hosed up so much over the past year. But I can’t quit without a new job (because I have to pay for little things like the drat mortgage, in addition to my TG buying), and ain’t no fucker been hiring. I’m giving myself the next twelve months to fix that.
  • Exercise more. Burnout meant I stopped doing daily workouts, lockdown meant I could trade them for 4-mile walks every few days, but the lovely weather over the past few months has stopped that, as has having less than seven hours of available daylight.
  • In general, and related to the last couple of TG goals, be more creative in general. I’ve done too much passive consumption and I want to create, but whenever I try I can’t bring myself to fight past the whole pile of mental bullshit. If I were in a slightly healthier psychological state I’d drop acid and stalk my muse through the collective planetary superconsciousness, but that’s way too risky just now.

And I managed maybe half out of three. I'm in the same place I was that broke me but with different responsibilities. I still need out, but it feels like it ain't gonna gently caress me up as bad. No exercise as I broke my arm in three places (two plates and ten pins!) right as I got my motivation back and I'm only just able to use it properly again. And my brain's been so up and down that I haven't managed to create anything.

One and a half, maybe two out of six isn't too bad given my record in past years

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

Here we go again!

1. Try get back on the weight loss wagon. I've put on the pounds during lockdown and need to knock em off again!
2. If restrictions loosed up enough, get some driving lessons.
3. Continue tracking my purchases and painting and paint more minis than I acquire. Hopefully should be easier this year as I don't have a ton of Kickstarters waiting to drop!
4. Paint up a 15mm Dwarf army for HOTT.
5. Paint up all the random undercoated figures I have on and around my painting desk.
6. Make some headway into organising my collection and figuring out what I want to keep.

1. Fail. At least I didn't put any more weight on!
2. Fail. Never felt safe enough to even look for an instructor. Maybe next year now I'm boosted.
3. Partial Success. I kept tracking things and had a pretty good year in clearing out my backlog. However a couple of big KSs cropped up that I couldn't resist and pushed me into the red again...
4. Success!
5. Success! And then I refilled one of the boxes to continue this next year...
6. Partial Success. I didn't look through much stuff but at least got all of my Tau into one place so I can catalogue it and find a buyer.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

TotalHell posted:

Resolutions!

1. Keep up with the Oath thread as my way of continuing to paint minis. Make sure I’m making and keeping an oath every month.

2. Finish my current Monster of the Week campaign! My players are close to the end, so I want to make sure I’m closing it out in a way they deserve.

3. Pick back up on my 5e campaign. I DMed a few sessions with my wife and a mutual friend months and months ago, and I think our friend is too polite to ask if we’re going to keep on going. I’d like to keep it up for their sake.

Non-TG goals:

1. Exercise. This is my big one. We were going to the gym regularly before COVID, and now I feel like I haven’t moved my body in months. That sucks, and it needs to end.

Number 1 isn’t technically done until I post my December oath, but I kept it all year and am nearly done with December, so this will have been kept. Hurray!

#2 - lol. We’re now one adventure away from the end, so we DID make progress, but COVID really put a damper on this.

#3 - Technically did this by finishing out an adventure this year. It was only two sessions, but I’m happy with that.

Non-TG Goal #1…can we just pretend I didn’t make this one?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

potatocubed posted:

Alright, time to be more ambitious than last year:

1. Finish TMINT and get it out to backers.
2. Start running a game again. Dunno what, but something.
3. Finish Unnamed Farming Game.
4. Run another KS for something. Probably Guardian Mecha Generations or Unnamed Farming Game, but who knows.
5. Pet project option A.
6. Pet project option B.

1. Nope. Getting there, but nope.
2. Yup. Running Fellowship on a semi-regular basis now.
3. Yup. Handed it off to a sensitivity consultant who eviscerated it so thoroughly it'll never see the light of day, but at least it's done so I can stop thinking about it.
4. Nope. And given what KS is doing I probably won't go back there even if I crowdfund anything in 2022.
5. Yup. See Issue X was written and published.
6. Nope. Made some progress on a few but didn't finish anything else.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

potatocubed posted:

3. Yup. Handed it off to a sensitivity consultant who eviscerated it so thoroughly it'll never see the light of day, but at least it's done so I can stop thinking about it.

Curious about this, but don't feel obligated to enlighten me.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Tommunist posted:

16 hours late but here we go.

TG:
1) finish my custode 10k point (all assembled, half painted, hopefully should be done by the time school starts up in feb)
2) finish my 30K raven guard army (half way there)

ONLY then can i allow my self new model purchases.

other goals:

10 or less model purchases.
finally get a warhound titan and paint it.
do the minotaur primarus army i've been thinking about for yonks.

I did 2 and nothing else

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Curious about this, but don't feel obligated to enlighten me.

So, Unnamed Farming Game was supposed to be something like a tabletop RPG version of Stardew Valley. I joked fairly early in development that 'normal human behaviour' was the hardest challenge I'd ever set myself and, uh, yeah. I was expecting to hit a load of problems with mental health and disability angles (hence getting a consultant in) but they were worse than I expected, and it turned out there was a bunch of casual sexism in there as well which I hadn't even noticed.

I could go back and fix it, but it would be a shitload of work, and really I'm just glad it's done. Like I said, it's finished, so I can stop thinking about it and start working on other things. My approach to creativity often resembles a conveyor belt.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Oh, wow. I haven't really seen a lot of Stardew Valley gameplay, but if it's anything like Harvest Moon that it's clearly stealing from, I can see a loooot of bad potential in that sense. Good on you for finishing it and putting it in a drawer somewhere. Maybe you'll feel like fixing up what's off some other time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

TG:

1) Finish creating a "real" ttrpg (more than a couple of pages long, actual setting fiction, more than one or two mechanics, not just a one- or two- shot experience) and put it up for sale, with a proper free preview.

2) Continue to actually play ttrpgs at least once a fortnight on average, even if it's online.

3) Play some more board games, especially the ones I haven't had time to open yet.

Non TG:

1) Un-gently caress all the hosed up parts of the weird offgrid house I now live in, to the extent that I can be confident that the solar panels will produce enough power in winter, and nothing major will fail with the "plumbing".

2) Complete a small motorbike project, preferably finding a beat up ct110 and making it roadworthy.

1) nope
2) nope
3) nope

1) kinda
2) yes

The reason the ttrpg stuff all got shelved was that I got diagnosed with cancer and havent been able to keep up with a regular schedule of anything except stuff related to that.

Still pretty happy with how much I did get done on tabletop stuff, and super happy with the bike because it's the first time I've touched anything like that.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 1, 2022