Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Leal posted:

Hope you were making that map of where everything has been taking place so far

When we get to the last area I'll post my sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

When we get to the last area I'll post my sketch.

:sickos:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The trolling never ends.
Revelations 2 had invisible enemies that killed you and you needed a partner to see them and to get around them. They were more invisible than those Hunters.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
It's been a while since I played it, but Rev2's invisible enemies never annoyed me nearly as much as Rev1. This may just be because I liked 2 a lot better in general.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It is supposed to be the same cable car and factory as RE2, plus or minus some design changes. That place didn't make much sense in RE2 though so its hard to get annoyed at changes though.

From an outside perspective it is pretty amusing that you managed to set yourself up perfectly for the forced separation. Not only with your own items but with the ammo you found later.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

From an outside perspective it is pretty amusing that you managed to set yourself up perfectly for the forced separation. Not only with your own items but with the ammo you found later.

Really, who'd have thought that giving Billy the grenade launcher, the magnum ammo, and all of our ink ribbons, in this game with a mean streak a mile wide, would have ended poorly?

12. Use Solitude on Rebecca

Umbrella may be best known for their health sprays and bioweaponry, but their elevator technology is unparalleled.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You know, considering how RE2 takes place 2 months after RE1, and by extension RE0, that lab should've been staffed.

E: Your reaction to the elevator is simply :discourse:

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 10, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think an early cutscene showed the two no-shows talking about closing shop and slug man took over.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

13. Use Pushing on Boxes

These controls regulate the supply and drainage of water in the tanks, and control the rotation of the railing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Thanks for your work in Vendetta, Rebecca.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Whether they are the valve or crank variety handles are one of the most important Resident Evil items and any effort made to retrieve them is worth it.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

Okay, I may or may not update this to include the gigantic water treatment plant that's also directly downstairs, but to answer the most burning question:

Allowing for some wiggle room from map screen scaling, the cable car travels about the distance of two mansions. Truly a pinnacle of Umbrella efficiency.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

If Elon Musk has a burning desire to make "trains but shittier" in this day and age, I can't imagine there wasn't some colossal Peter Principled idiot on Umbrella's board who didn't do the same thing two decades prior.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

14. Use Incubation on Virus

Well, I guess that explains everything. It all makes sense now!!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think one of the earlier games mentioned that incubation times for the various virii depend on the plot per person.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hey, remember this?

END ME SCOOB posted:

Scalding Coffee posted:

One thing I am grateful for is that you don't have to wait for the other person to be next to you during door animations. No leaving them behind.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now you know.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I now think the logic of it is supposed to be that the secondary character is able to catch up automatically if it's a door, since the door is still there and open, but if it's an elevator which left by the time they get to it, why, it would be unrealistic for them to be able to follow.

Just another annoying little hindrance.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think there is some logic to several of the enemies in Zero, and to a lesser extent Code Veronica, having too much mobility for the control scheme the games use. Maybe not mobility as such but perhaps too quick and without enough warning when they become mobile.

And while the game has been full of examples up to this point that boss speech really makes me wonder what happened to RE's voice acting in the early 2000's. Far be it from me to suggest the voice acting in previous games was good but at least in 2 and 3 someone seemed to realize that maybe it would help if the people kind of sounded like people most of the time. Then Code Veronica and Zero rolls around and we're back to RE1 levels of dialogue just with higher audio quality.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

15. Use Sunlight on Leech Queen
16. Bonus Modes (End)

Look, everything blew up. It doesn't have to make sense. The cat box has been sealed.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was gonna say that for everything to make geographical sense in this game, the train would have to be on a loop and both the training facility and the RE1 mansion would have to be just outside of Racoon City, but the RE2 lab has to be within a mile of the RCPD. Also it being connected to the training facility would mean it would have to be within a mile of the lab... There is no way for this to work. Either the RCPD is just on the outskirts of a town of 100k people or the mansions were in the middle of town.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I had some weird thing happen to me in games that I have never been able to repeat. Having the save slot be a factor really surprises me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Leech Hunter is no mercenaries that's for sure.

Resident Evil between 3 and 4 was just full of bland and terrible. I'm kind of surprised the series survived games like 0. I had forgotten pretty much everything past the train so thanks for reminding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
come on ride the train. come on ride it