Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i will commit watuary at a blistering 17k resolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
honestly tho it’s get out of pharmacy. most of my problems relate to me hating my job, or at least feeling my career future is dying and need to get off before everyone else does too. but somehow earn more too.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my bitter bi rival posted:

become a millionaire. just a mere 999,994 dollars to go.

poo poo yes

although the lotto tips i’ve been paying for lately aren’t reallt helping

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bored Online posted:

wanna get some more prof certs mostly for my own benefit, lose weight, maybe get another pette, meaningfully explore my neglected spiritual side. weak poo poo like that.

i’m interested in conversations about spirituality and especially if it involves meditation but also even if it doesn’t

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bored Online posted:

make a thread mate ill post in it

lol make a snazzy name and I will. i’m a bit weary of leading non computer threads lately. altho lol
not like my reputation has much left to bother protecting

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
1024x768 is one of those saucy resolutions that teases your desperate rear end with a single odd number (1 doesn’t count). a rare and lusty sight amongst the usually conservative even numbers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

3440x1440

lol if u don't 21:9. it's baffling that it took this long for humans to discover this aspect ratio. it's super good

too many 4s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
discuss the most worthless poo poo on a computer nerd forum?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its next year tomorrow!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
things don’t get better with more hz it only feels better but now you have to spend more on viewing equipment

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

Everyone thinks this until they try it.

You can absolutely tell the difference between 60, 100, 120, 144hz and I bet it keeps going past that but that's where my monitor stops. I tested it out with unreal tournament 99 with various frame limiters and 120-144 is obviously more subtle than 60-120 but there's a difference.

Even just dragging windows around on a 60hz screen feels sluggish and jittery once you get used to the high frame rate.

E: you also need a mouse with a high report rate to really take advantage of it. Mine can be toggled between 125hz and 500hz and yep, you notice the difference there too

you can save yourself all this strife by refusing to expose yourself to anything above 60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i remember some dude arguing that movies in 60fps were objectively better

but low frame rates and motion blur are actually the best