Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Laserface posted:

I just lied on the pfizer booking form and said i was a health worker, no proof required.

still cant get pfizer until september.

and you cant change your vacciniation centre once registered.

true blue aussie website.

Here in Tas I was able to sign up at the end of May being completely honest (in my 30s, not a healthcare worker, no underlying conditions, etc) - an email came through from work saying as a teacher I was eligible for the current phase. Not clear whether it was AZ or Pfiz but it says "Under 50" on my confirmation so I'd assumed the latter as this was well before this week's walkback. I wasn't asked to provide any proof of my employment. My partner works at the university and got a similar email and also signed up.

I was and still am skeptical this is actually going to work as it seems to contradict all the publicly available information. I just checked on Google, the Tas DoE and Catholic Education sites to see if there were any updates and literally the only public confirmation I can find is from South Australian branch of the teacher's union saying SA should follow suit and make teachers elligible like in Tasmania back on June 1.

Anyways the appointment is for this Sunday morning so I'll post a trip report.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Vicnats just tried to split

https://twitter.com/Leroy_Lynch/status/1410540523039858690

It failed.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Chadzok posted:

The categories for young people to get Pfizer are pretty broad, if you have any family members that work in aged care or health you can book. Or even if not, really. They don't ask on site and the booking system does not interrogate you.

I mean, my idiot boomer parents aren't getting theirs, so gently caress it. I'm having it. The more people who get it the better, and also the more pressure there will be to order more, faster.

I believe family members of port workers are also eligible - someone I know got theirs the other day because their partner has an MSIC card.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
got my second Pfizer shot today. I've got no special reason to be able to, I just followed the link that was put in the thread a month ago - got my first shot straight away and the second shot was scheduled practically as soon as it was able to be

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
I'm in my thirties and also registered my interest on the Qld health website, and despite not being in the current rollout group I was invited to book and am scheduled to get mine tomorrow. Didn't have to lie about my age or being a healthcare worker or anything.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
For Victoria’s registration system you can’t complete registration without declaring which eligible category you fall into (no option to leave blank / not yet eligible)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yay another 24 hours of lockdown for Brisbane and Moreton Bay

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

iajanus posted:

Yay another 24 hours of lockdown for Brisbane and Moreton Bay

And Morrison making another announcement today that National Cabinet has agreed to discuss criteria to avoid lockdowns and make them a "last resort".

Like anyone enjoys locking down with cause, the loving numpty.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Of all the things to spit your dummy about you choose

Senor Tron posted:

And Morrison making another announcement today that National Cabinet has agreed to discuss criteria to avoid lockdowns and make them a "last resort".

leaving off the important "as vaccination rates rise" qualifier. Bravo. No loving poo poo they won't be as keen to lockdown when more people are vaccinated.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Six of the seven states outright think lockdowns are a tool of first resort not last, so I'm not even sure what the argument there was

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

For Victoria’s registration system you can’t complete registration without declaring which eligible category you fall into (no option to leave blank / not yet eligible)

And they check your credentials on arrival

Edit: correction. They check after you get to the front of the possibly hours long queue

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Come on lads give scomo a fair shake in the auspol thread!

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Here in Tas I was able to sign up at the end of May being completely honest (in my 30s, not a healthcare worker, no underlying conditions, etc) - an email came through from work saying as a teacher I was eligible for the current phase. Not clear whether it was AZ or Pfiz but it says "Under 50" on my confirmation so I'd assumed the latter as this was well before this week's walkback. I wasn't asked to provide any proof of my employment. My partner works at the university and got a similar email and also signed up.

I was and still am skeptical this is actually going to work as it seems to contradict all the publicly available information. I just checked on Google, the Tas DoE and Catholic Education sites to see if there were any updates and literally the only public confirmation I can find is from South Australian branch of the teacher's union saying SA should follow suit and make teachers elligible like in Tasmania back on June 1.

Anyways the appointment is for this Sunday morning so I'll post a trip report.

It will work. I'm in Tas and in my 30s, not a health worker and have no underlying conditions conditions. As of last weekend I've had both Pfizer shots.

I got an email saying all Tas DoJ employees are eligible, with a booking link. At no point in the process did anyone ask me why I was entitled to get vaccinated.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

JBP posted:

Come on lads give scomo a fair shake in the auspol thread!

Space wolves suck

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

thefakenews posted:

It will work. I'm in Tas and in my 30s, not a health worker and have no underlying conditions conditions. As of last weekend I've had both Pfizer shots.

I got an email saying all Tas DoJ employees are eligible, with a booking link. At no point in the process did anyone ask me why I was entitled to get vaccinated.

The booking link, I believe, is only sent if you're eligible in the first place. I'm in Tas and a student nurse, so I got my second Pfizer a couple weeks back.

Annoyingly, I had to travel to Launie for the first one, but only had to go to Mersey for the second.

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
That flight last week from Indonesia to Adelaide of the family with Covid ?

Turns out it was a journalist from The Australian coming back to Australia by private jet, after approval was given by Border Patrol and the Federal government.

The family claims that they got approval to rush back independently of the fact they were employed by News Corp.

I see some entries of this in the gossip pages, but nothing else anywhere else.

quote:

Last week a privately funded emergency medical evacuation flight flew into Adelaide airport bringing back a seriously ill family.

The family of three came from an Indonesian hospital and was transferred to Royal Adelaide Hospital.

The flight caused a bit of a stir among the South Australian media, who quizzed Premier Steven Marshall about it. He professed ignorance and passed questions on to South Australian Chief Health Officer Nicola Spurrier.

It turns out that the flight carried a reporter for The Australian newspaper and their partner, who both tested positive to COVID-19 last month while on assignment and then fell seriously ill.

CBD has decided not to name the family due to privacy concerns.

“Their six-year-old daughter also tested positive to COVID and was airlifted with her parents,” The Australian’s managing editor, John Lehmann, told us.

A global health services operator made the call about the medevac flight and decided it met all government requirements, he said.

“The company obtained all relevant health and government approvals independently from The Australian. The safety of our staff is very important to us and we are relieved and grateful the family is now recovering.”

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Crikey has long criticised Dutton in his previous roles. And, of course, he is a bogyman of the Twitterati and the left. But at this moment, from a poor set of options, on balance he would do a better job of providing reassurance to Australians than anyone else in the government.

Dutton would also arrest what is an increasingly alarming slide back into state power, with the state leaders now wielding more power than at any time in recent decades, and dictating key elements of national policy. He would more effectively reverse this centrifugal flow of power away from Canberra than Morrison, who appears blithely unaware that he is barely first among equals when it comes to real power in pandemic Australia.

:allbuttons:

https://twitter.com/BernardKeane/status/1410789374577430528

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
WA lockdown ends tonight. And I had a panic attack today, lockdown related.

gently caress Scott Morrison, lets discuss all the ways his government is a total failure. Or shall we try the easier task of listing all the things it has done well:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

If anybody wants the full text of that I can post it when I get home from work tonight.

E: I didn't realise it wasn't paywallled

Animal Friend fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 2, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I'm at a doctor's surgery now waiting for a vaccine. I was booked for AZ, then the doctor I saw shook their heads and said it was a mistake by the receptionist and I should rebook for Pfizer.

That doctor was then over ruled by another doctor who tells me the Pfizer vaccine is only for ages 40-60.

The actual person giving the injections said they were not comfortable giving me an AZ injection.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lmao what

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I honestly thought that article would be satire when I first saw it linked.

It's not. It's 100% unironic.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Well Dutton already torpedoed one career behind the wheel, maybe he can repeat the magic.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I welcome the grand duchy of Melbourne

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

evilbastard posted:

That flight last week from Indonesia to Adelaide of the family with Covid ?

Turns out it was a journalist from The Australian coming back to Australia by private jet, after approval was given by Border Patrol and the Federal government.

The family claims that they got approval to rush back independently of the fact they were employed by News Corp.

I see some entries of this in the gossip pages, but nothing else anywhere else.

Is there an actual problem here? Sounds like International SOS or similar service deemed it medically necessary and likely covered the costs and independently sought the appropriate approvals?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

saruman has failed us! embrace sauron!

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Senor Tron posted:

I get rock hard for a lock down.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

This is the stupidest article I’ve ever read (my posts don’t qualify as articles and also I never read my own posts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3972333