Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It can’t be summer, the sky is not black yet!

My my The ALP has almost lost another 1 percent of the vote. Whatever will our fearless opposition leader do?

Nothing, just loving NOTHING.

Bill Shorten was our last hope and now we are stuck forever in the ETERNAL SUMMER OF LIES AND FLAME.

Also gently caress Covid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm gay.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
should have waited until new years imo

edit: for the new thread, not being gay. be gay whenever.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hi gay

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
The poo poo thread is dead, long live the poo poo thread

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Still a better platform than Discord.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

thatbastardken posted:

should have waited until new years imo

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Very excited for 2021 in the great state of New South Wales, it's good of Victoria to join us in welcoming back Covid-19

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
*relaxes in west australian*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

*relaxes in west australian*

You scrunts better keep posting in here. I'm old and hate change and don't like discord, but do you like all of you.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't relax too hard mate, from some rumours I've heard.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

You scrunts better keep posting in here. I'm old and hate change and don't like discord, but do you like all of you.

its campaign season, i haven't relaxed for months

i am protesting greyhound racing for new years eve because i am such an exciting person

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

its campaign season, i haven't relaxed for months

i am protesting greyhound racing for new years eve because i am such an exciting person

Regarding covid, stay safe lung poverty ghost.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hooman posted:

Regarding covid, stay safe lung poverty ghost.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
even loving covid isn't going to stop me from stealing this election from mcgowan!!!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
confusion to mcgowan! and lungs to his foes!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
still one day left of 2020 you idiot!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

hooman posted:

Fortress WA wants to hear your rumours

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

even loving covid isn't going to stop me from stealing this election from mcgowan!!!

Get McGowowned.

norp posted:

Fortress WA wants to hear your rumours

Nothing concrete, just that theres an assumption that covid will break quarantine again now that we're open to the east again and it's only a matter of time until our next lockdown, so basically keep doing as much covid safety as possible.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Get McGowowned.

Nothing concrete, just that theres an assumption that covid will break quarantine again now that we're open to the east again and it's only a matter of time until our next lockdown, so basically keep doing as much covid safety as possible.

Hopefully after seeing what happened to VIC, and the fact that we have had it very easy over the last few months, if any comminity traces are detected there will be a very quick lockdown and people will follow it. McGowan is basically building his entire election campaign on the fact he saved WA from the crow, so I don't think he will hesitate to lock poo poo down very quickly.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
crow cannot be stopped

CAW

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I hope that Dan mines the border

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 30, 2020

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

word cloud

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Tommunist posted:

wish they'd put a border on them bloody lebos

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

Both of them? Surely the South Australians can be trusted?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Pikehead posted:

Both of them? Surely the South Australians can be trusted?

Only if they mine their border with NSW as well.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dan wants another outbreak so he can accelerate the illuminati 5g mind control grid.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Resident Idiot posted:

Still a better platform than Discord.
User name/post combo

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-30/coronavirus-australia-live-news-latest-nsw-update/13020138

So how long till Gladys resigns?

endless lol.gif

Police were called to an address in Kingston, south of Brisbane, to restrain Shaun Charles Coolwell who they say was having a "violent drug-induced episode”, behaving in an "uncontrollable" manner, hurting himself, and unable to talk to them. Police pinned and handcuffed him and paramedics injected a chemical sedative. He began to have breathing problems and lost consciousness, dying in hospital a few hours later. An internal investigation by Queensland police cleared the officers of any wrongdoing and found they had used "the minimum force required". An inquest was heard this year but the findings are yet to be published.

ISSUES RAISED
Medical care required but not all given, procedures not all followed, injured in custody, force used, mental health / cognitive impairment. Being black in Queensland.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

One of the Melbourne cases went to the boxing day sales at fountain gate. Hope you're not planning on going out tonight.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

drunkill posted:

still one day left of 2020 you idiot!

Auspol shittiness transcends timestamps.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Happy Newstart Covid Supplement Cutback Eve

Good thing that whole thing is over and nobody needs the extra money!

(They needed the extra money regardless of the pandemic, but yeah)

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

One of the Melbourne cases went to the boxing day sales at fountain gate. Hope you're not planning on going out tonight.

People who were in those exposure areas should definitely not. But everyone else shouldn't have to abide by any restrictions just because there's one case in the city.

I feel like Melbourne peeps have COVID PTSD or something. You can't enforce Stage 4 lockdown for a few cases, especially when the contact tracing is meant to be up to scratch now.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

People who were in those exposure areas should definitely not. But everyone else shouldn't have to abide by any restrictions just because there's one case in the city.

I feel like Melbourne peeps have COVID PTSD or something. You can't enforce Stage 4 lockdown for a few cases, especially when the contact tracing is meant to be up to scratch now.

Quoting for posterity

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

CelestialScribe posted:

It’s not one case and there is no link in the chain so someone is running around infected. Limiting to 15 people and masks in all locations is a good call.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm resigned to another lockdown. I know how to do it from last time.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

Auckland did, and I don't think anyone would dispute it's been a better year for most New Zealanders than most Sydneysiders and Melburnians.

The general line of thinking in Melbourne, after what basically felt like eight months in lockdown, is that you'd rather do a short and sharp lockdown out of an abundance of caution than wring your hands and drag your feet for ages and ultimately have to do a longer one, even if that's not the most likely outcome. A week or two of lockdown is loving nothing.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Comstar posted:

It’s not one case and there is no link in the chain so someone is running around infected. Limiting to 15 people and masks in all locations is a good call.

Oh yeah, I have no problem with those two restrictions. I just meant the idea that no one should be going out at all, which is what that post seemed to say.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

freebooter posted:

Auckland did, and I don't think anyone would dispute it's been a better year for most New Zealanders than most Sydneysiders and Melburnians.

The general line of thinking in Melbourne, after what basically felt like eight months in lockdown, is that you'd rather do a short and sharp lockdown out of an abundance of caution than wring your hands and drag your feet for ages and ultimately have to do a longer one, even if that's not the most likely outcome. A week or two of lockdown is loving nothing.

There has to be a balance, and going straight to stage 4 restrictions due to three cases is not a legitimate balance.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Hope you have a happy 2021 Mr scribe!

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Tommunist posted:

Hope you have a happy 2021 Mr scribe!

I sure will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,