Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

CelestialScribe posted:

People who were in those exposure areas should definitely not. But everyone else shouldn't have to abide by any restrictions just because there's one case in the city.

I feel like Melbourne peeps have COVID PTSD or something. You can't enforce Stage 4 lockdown for a few cases, especially when the contact tracing is meant to be up to scratch now.

We’ve got hotspots now listed going back to the 21st, NSW has given us the gift of almost two weeks of potential undetected community transmission leading into New Years Eve you illiterate baboon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

JBP posted:

Lock it down I don't even give a gently caress

not emptyquoting

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

We’ve got hotspots now listed going back to the 21st, NSW has given us the gift of almost two weeks of potential undetected community transmission leading into New Years Eve you illiterate baboon

And so what would you rather do?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

CelestialScribe posted:

And so what would you rather do?

Lock down NSW

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Imagine how cool it would be if they enclosed Sydney in a dome.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Recoome posted:

Lock down NSW

I'm surprised Dan is dragging his feet on this one.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hope you’re all ready for lockdown 3.0!!!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

CelestialScribe posted:

People who were in those exposure areas should definitely not. But everyone else shouldn't have to abide by any restrictions just because there's one case in the city.

I feel like Melbourne peeps have COVID PTSD or something. You can't enforce Stage 4 lockdown for a few cases, especially when the contact tracing is meant to be up to scratch now.

NSW contact tracing had been held up as the gold standard and yet

I wasn't advocating immediate stage 4 but I do think anyone going to anything beyond a small gathering of friends/family tonight is a wanker.

CelestialScribe posted:

I'm surprised Dan is dragging his feet on this one.

Dan isn't at work, an acting premier is in charge. Dan asleep at the wheel!!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Thanks I often don't spell out my points out of laziness.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Victoria's closing the border to NSW within days.

The dept CHO, the acting Premier and the testing chief all said 'if you're a Victorian in NSW, come home now, don't get trapped in NSW. If you're in a green zone, you need to come home'.

I'd say by the 3rd it'll be closed off, if not the 2nd.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Yeast posted:

Victoria's closing the border to NSW within days.

The dept CHO, the acting Premier and the testing chief all said 'if you're a Victorian in NSW, come home now, don't get trapped in NSW. If you're in a green zone, you need to come home'.

I'd say by the 3rd it'll be closed off, if not the 2nd.

New Year’s Day midnight is my hope.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

guardian posted:

Authorities have lashed a NSW woman for speeding through a Victorian border checkpoint at night, turning her lights off and evading police for hours until road spikes were used to stop her car.
lol, badass

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
my face every time i open twitter and see tony abbott is trending

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

NSW contact tracing had been held up as the gold standard and yet

I wasn't advocating immediate stage 4 but I do think anyone going to anything beyond a small gathering of friends/family tonight is a wanker.

Yeah I'm going to a thing tonight but it's only going to be 10 people, and it's outside. It's the max I would consider after today's news.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

perepelki posted:

lol, badass

corporal punishment seems a bit harsh

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Thank you New South Wales for the gracious Christmas present re-gifted from America

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tommunist posted:

Imagine how cool it would be if they enclosed Sydney in a dome.

Won't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtoeM-URatY&t=99s

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

hooman posted:

You scrunts better keep posting in here. I'm old and hate change and don't like discord, but do you like all of you.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't relax too hard mate, from some rumours I've heard.

Yeah, I think I need to buy masks. I'm going to be really upset if we have to lock up the state and stay home again, idk how Melbourne people managed.

Also, dammit Hooman, come join the discord!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

perepelki posted:

lol, badass

lol is covid one of those parasites that get into a persons brain and makes them spread it or something?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

don't do it, it's a trap

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

froglet posted:

shut up tommunist

wait you're not tommunist

shut up tommunist

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

lol is covid one of those parasites that get into a persons brain and makes them spread it or something?

I've been half-jokingly saying this since March. So many fuckers get the drat thing and suddenly feel the need to get on a plane or drive halfway across the country.

Sadly, the truth is just that people are inconsiderate fuckstains.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Eediot Jedi posted:

shut up tommunist

wait you're not tommunist

shut up tommunist

Your missing out on doorknobb licking

(Join the discord)

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 31, 2020

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im ok with this as long as it stops covid

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Man I’m looking forward to another lock down. Hoo boy.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I've been half-jokingly saying this since March. So many fuckers get the drat thing and suddenly feel the need to get on a plane or drive halfway across the country.

My guess is most people didn't realise they had it, and I could totally see someone opting to keep quiet about their slightly sore throat because to them the balance of probabilities is that its probably nothing, and they don't want to be the person who "ruined Christmas" in an already lovely year (particularly when partners and kids are involved).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
why would wa need to lockdown again? we haven't had any surge in cases, have we? the border might go up again, but i don't think we'd do another lockdown with local cases.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

crepeface posted:

why would wa need to lockdown again? we haven't had any surge in cases, have we? the border might go up again, but i don't think we'd do another lockdown with local cases.

Most people talking about lockdown are Victorian and are talking about that state.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh my bad

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Most people talking about lockdown are Victorian and are talking about that state.

I meant your posts

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Just lockdown celestial scribe and he can watch his friends doorknob licking party on zoom

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

crepeface posted:

As a Perth person, I'm actually pretty worried that we aren't prepared if it gets out into the community again. Things have been great in Perth, but I imagine if one or two people caught it, they could quickly spread it far and wide before anyone knew what was going on.

Pretty much nobody here wears masks, we've been able to go go the pub for months, people aren't great about giving the 1.5m at shops, and I imagine most of us have forgotten almost everything from earlier in the year because we haven't had any community transmission.

Edit: I hope I'm just paranoid and wrong! :tinfoil:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

freebooter posted:

Auckland did, and I don't think anyone would dispute it's been a better year for most New Zealanders than most Sydneysiders and Melburnians.

The general line of thinking in Melbourne, after what basically felt like eight months in lockdown, is that you'd rather do a short and sharp lockdown out of an abundance of caution than wring your hands and drag your feet for ages and ultimately have to do a longer one, even if that's not the most likely outcome. A week or two of lockdown is loving nothing.

When we went into the lockdown here in SA as well that was the feeling as well, based on having seen what happened to Victoria. If this NSW outbreak spreads there's gonna be some real hate.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I guess it's people that move around more that are more likely to pick it up as they contact more people and public surfaces
Also there's probably shut-ins getting it and nobody ever knows cos they aren't spreading it and might not have symptoms

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Comstar posted:

New Year’s Day midnight is my hope.

Good call.

They just instigated exactly that.

All of NSW is now closed out as of tomorrow night.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Looking forward to more tantrums about it from Sydneysiders

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

froglet posted:

As a Perth person, I'm actually pretty worried that we aren't prepared if it gets out into the community again. Things have been great in Perth, but I imagine if one or two people caught it, they could quickly spread it far and wide before anyone knew what was going on.

Pretty much nobody here wears masks, we've been able to go go the pub for months, people aren't great about giving the 1.5m at shops, and I imagine most of us have forgotten almost everything from earlier in the year because we haven't had any community transmission.

Edit: I hope I'm just paranoid and wrong! :tinfoil:

I am more worried by the fact the McGowen has closed all of the covid wards in all of the Perth hospitals except for RPH and Armadale. Pretty sure Armadale is about to close. So we are aren't really prepared at all. He just closed the boarders and has gone gently caress it, were are sweet now. But most West Aussie are hailing him as the second coming of Jesus, so if it is politically working for him thing wont change.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

Launchpad McQuack posted:

I am more worried by the fact the McGowen has closed all of the covid wards in all of the Perth hospitals except for RPH and Armadale. Pretty sure Armadale is about to close. So we are aren't really prepared at all. He just closed the boarders and has gone gently caress it, were are sweet now. But most West Aussie are hailing him as the second coming of Jesus, so if it is politically working for him thing wont change.

Yeah, there's a state election in March, I imagine he's going to sail in pretty easily (not that this has stopped me from supporting the Greens, I'm just keeping my expectations realistic).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
more like McGoaway

:bustem:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008