Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

drunkill posted:

still one day left of 2020 you idiot!

Auspol shittiness transcends timestamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

crepeface posted:

also happy new year auspol, it's going to be worse than this year
I wish I could say thanks for the sarcastic quip but considering where we are from 12 months ago I would have to say this is a positive take on the situation.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I woke up to the news of the lockdown. I had plans for the weekend but who cares?

My sister's boyfriend went early shopping and by the time he left coles at 7.30am the carpark was jammed and the line of traffic was 100 meters out the enterance.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

One of the more horrible parts for me is that after this woman was raped, she was called into the very room where she was raped, (the minister's office), to discuss her allegations. Once again reliving her trauma.
I can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere. Very horrible if true.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

Scotty apologised for it explicitly

OK.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

It's funny but I am going to hold out my opinion on whether it will be a net good. If google blocked news.com.au from being indexed and seached that would be great.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

No question mark.

I haven't seen CM salespeople in shopping malls recently. I hope that shitrag is hemorrhaging money.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Comstar posted:

So it's a current Minister but Justice cannot be served because the victim is dead?

Not Dutton I take it, he would have been in QLD at the time?
It would be difficult to guess with the current details. SA and NSW police being involved could me anything from the residence of the offender to where the offence took place. The only thing we can all agree on is that the Liberals won't lose any votes over this.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Animal Friend posted:

How the gently caress does AusPol get worse week by week with no consequence.
We are the lucky country.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Ethics_Gradient posted:

They're getting a kicking in the comments lmao
Lots of landlord hate there.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ShoeFly posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck you. Christ I cannot hate this man more.
I'm sure he will find ways to prove you wrong :)

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Pretty shocked that a journalist is showing some spine too.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Comstar made their first post in ausgbs last night about Brisbane probably winding up with a full Easter weekend lockdown and I told him to gently caress off but tbh I'm looking at the new contact tracing info this morning and it doesn't look great

Well they are asking for people to get tested if they have been to at risk places from 11 days ago so we might be stuffed.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

freebooter posted:

(Just kidding there would have been no "national" discussion because Melburnians and Sydneysiders don't think the rest of Australia exists)
There is a strong argument that it shouldn't either.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Comstar posted:

But Easter is here and we can’t have someone die thanks to government ineptitude preventing Easter now can we.
The war on Easter already had 1 too many deaths!

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

BurgerQuest posted:

Poor new Zealand.
Joking aside this will probably benefit New Zealand more than Australia.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Breakfast Burrito posted:

the dance is still wildly out of place at that event tho
If anything it did provide me with a good laugh.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Testekill posted:

Oh no, how will he afford to be a sex tourist in the Philippines now?

Easily actually.

quote:

A retiring allowance is paid as a percentage of the minimum annual allowance payable at the time of retirement, currently $185 000 per annum. The applicable percentage is linked to a parliamentarian's years of service as follows:
12 years 60%
13 years 62.5%
He has set himself up for a life time of cheap living in Manila.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

:stare:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Centusin posted:

blowing up the relationship with israel would be a good way to slightly improve relations with indonesia and malaysia so i say bill should have gone for it
Yes, the brilliant Scotty From Marketing will handle such a situation with the tact and nuance we have come to expect and make the situation better. Most Muslim states and their leaders don't give a poo poo about human rights, especially the human rights of Muslims and especially the human rights of Palestinians.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Wow a big lockdown after how many now? These don't work. Will Dictator D.... oh never mind.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

A slightly different flavour for politics. There is a youtube channel called Caspian Report and it made a video 'How Australia Cheated East Timor Of Its Oil'. A decent look on the subject. Australia fucks over its defenceless neighbour and in the process hosed over itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Like anyone enjoys locking down with cause, the loving numpty.
I get rock hard for a lock down.