Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dan wants another outbreak so he can accelerate the illuminati 5g mind control grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

One of the Melbourne cases went to the boxing day sales at fountain gate. Hope you're not planning on going out tonight.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

CelestialScribe posted:

People who were in those exposure areas should definitely not. But everyone else shouldn't have to abide by any restrictions just because there's one case in the city.

I feel like Melbourne peeps have COVID PTSD or something. You can't enforce Stage 4 lockdown for a few cases, especially when the contact tracing is meant to be up to scratch now.

NSW contact tracing had been held up as the gold standard and yet

I wasn't advocating immediate stage 4 but I do think anyone going to anything beyond a small gathering of friends/family tonight is a wanker.

CelestialScribe posted:

I'm surprised Dan is dragging his feet on this one.

Dan isn't at work, an acting premier is in charge. Dan asleep at the wheel!!

Solemn Sloth posted:

We’ve got hotspots now listed going back to the 21st, NSW has given us the gift of almost two weeks of potential undetected community transmission leading into New Years Eve you illiterate baboon

Thanks I often don't spell out my points out of laziness.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

froglet posted:

Also, dammit Hooman, come join the discord!

shut up tommunist

wait you're not tommunist

shut up tommunist

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Just open mouth slack jaw wonderment at someone considering covid traveling from Sydney to Melbourne, past the NSW contact tracing and controls, remaining undetected for up to a week and half during a period of big social movements and just before another night of frenzied social gathering as too early to tell if the situation is out of hand.

It is bad. We're going to need incredible luck on top of more personal sacrifices, and even if we are that lucky, the magic of having zero known community transmission is gone and it'll back to low key every day dread for a while. Which some people deal with by venting their fear into the void, which for some reason really loving offends you?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Aw poo poo the stove is on fire, let me grab my thermometer before the fire blanket.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hambeet posted:

I think you’ll find that we are all going to die.

loving spoilers mate. Unbelievable.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

This pandemic is completely unknown territory. There's no way NSW could reasonably have predicted a limited area lockdown in a big city could fail, with no prominent examples of that happening. Likewise there's no examples of immediately implementing strong lockdown measures until you have the data leading to a positive outcomes. All we can do is wait and see if half measures and dumb luck can save us from looking like we overreacted, truly the worst outcome of all.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

The insidious stage 4 the thread collectively is pushing for

Pfft, I want stage 6, where the ring of steel is mad max gangs.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

McGowan: deploy the emus.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

thatbastardken posted:

don't steal compost valour

You merely adopted the compost, he was born in it, molded by it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

Lmao look at these people

The one on the right is a passport photo, which are demonstrably impossible to take a flattering shot for. Unless you're lucky enough to be Filipino as their passports let you do a mouth closed "Mona Lisa" smile.

The left one I'm not sure is an Australian standard passport, I don't imagine immi would have let it through with hair covering the ears and the neck scarf.

E: not sure on the right one now, the guy is slanted and the eyes should be level. Immi and Auspost when you lodge are usually anal about it Maybe they're just real bad photos or they've started taking photos before boarding for this situation.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 1, 2021

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Finally something more disgusting than your name.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

What about me nips

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Seemlar posted:

If you don't lock down now and demand people wear masks 24/7, it'll soon turn into a mismanaged disaster like NSW, with it's zero new cases

loving things up badly enough to trigger outbreaks and border closures is a mismanaged disaster ya dingus.

NSW has also recorded two cases since the reporting period ended, one of which visited a bottleo in a shopping centre while pre symptomatic. But it's cool, they got a donut day crisis is over.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The arse has a paywalled article, the blurb claims a high ranking US official says there is strong evidence corona did a runner from a Chinese biological weapons facility.

I really want to see the source on this one.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yes but I want to know why the arse felt this source was good enough when (I'm assuming I haven't really checked) it hasn't been carried by US papers.

(Yes I know the arse is a rag with no journalistic integrity or decency)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Youtube comments are poison. Everyone should disable them at all times.

The forums are a very different experience with them off.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Imo CS is going low effort post dumb poo poo tee hee you got mad I'm a genius puppet master trolling, so the less you engage the happier we can all be huffing apocalyptic farts.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

BrigadierSensible posted:

My completely unrelated to this story also about working in a supermarket selling cigarettes:

In my last year at Uni I worked at the checkout at coles. And because I was one of the few checkout people over 18, I was always in the kind of island thing with all the ciggies. What I used to love to do was when some haglike 60+ woman came in to buy her smokes, I would put on my best private school manners and say "I'm sorry ma'am, but can I see some ID. We have to ask anyone who looks like they are 21 or younger." These old ladies would coo and giggle and go "Oh, what a nice young man you are" etc.

It gave me a laugh, and I liked making these women happy as they bought their cancer sticks.

Thank you for listening my pointless, boring anecdote that added nothing to the conversation.

You don't have to be 18 to sell cigs, at least in Vic. Maybe your bosses enjoyed you flirting with the olds?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Same but vaping.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The cashier is also on the hook for a significant fine, thanks capitalism.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

We should take the Scandinavian model, criminalise the purchasers but not the suppliers, send those drat kids to jail

But if you criminalise both you can get a twofer.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yeast posted:

3 Day lockdown for greater Brisbane, mask mandate for outside the home, 9 cases of UK strain.

Doomers :rolleyes:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

MY INDIAN FRSPECTATOR

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Bag of (shredded) goon

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-14/when-backpackers-went-home-these-australians-tried-farm-work/13047062

ABC interviews some Australians who turned off Netflix and went to farms. My favourite is the 14 year old working 12 hours a day for $14/hr and going "this is fine".

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Water isn't for drinking it's for selling.

:tviv:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Dead tired? Careful, the productivity commission is coming for your hecs.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Join the :sever:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The thing wasn't a documentary.

freebooter posted:

Haha of course it was him. The proto-Tony

Speaking of that gremlin, scraped from the arse.

Abbott seeks return to values
Tony Abbott will lead a new movement to defend and revive traditional Australian values, as a report warns of a collapse of living standards.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Lmao Abbott is such a fuckhead, his opinion is the only correct one and obviously if the pandemic had happened on his watch he would've shirt fronted it at the airport.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

He clearly said it's sitting in the front seat of the taxi like our ancestors did on the first fleet.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

froglet posted:

There was a GP near my old house who'd refuse to do any birth control or pregnancy termination consults (she also refused to do anything with workers compensation and car accidents, which seemed weird).

Workers comp comes with a lot of paperwork, on top of that there's the potential that the employer's insurance company will dispute everything and make more paperwork while being assholes about it. The patient might not be able to pay, could be relying on their/the employer's insurance to pay and getting money from them is fun. Not handling worker's comp/car accidents is the least objectionable thing about that GP apparently.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

BBJoey posted:

scrapping the better off overall test (BOOT) so companies are gonna push through some really horrific enterprise agreements

There was some kind of part time casual thing as well wasn't there? IDK anymore.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

froglet posted:

Could someone explain this? (I don't feel like googling who Tanya's husband is or why it matters)

Tanya Plibersek's husband is an ex-heroin dealer and addict who went to jail for it.

e: this was in 1986 for christ's sake

\/\/ thanks for the correction.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

In a shock twist absolutely impossible to predict, the coalition does not intend to continue a broad jobkeeper program past March, but say they will support some industries as needed, i.e.tourism.

In a somehow greater surprise, so stunning M. Night Shyamalan was reduced to tears by the perfect beauty he can never match, the coalition will likely not increase jobseeker permanently.

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jan/31/coalition-unlikely-to-lift-unemployment-benefits-when-jobkeeper-scrapped-in-march

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I loving love a post that triggers a visceral disgust reaction, let me try.

Victoria has had 24 days without a confirmed local transmission case, thus the second wave was handled perfectly.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Lmao the guy replacing Kevin Andrews has come out specifically saying he's not a moderate and didn't join the libs to be called that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I maintain "I would blow Dane Cook" is still the most viscerally disgusting user name on the forums.

Also around Christmas it turned out CS was right, so what the hell bring on the tennis.