Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

"So where do we start? By listening to each other, and sharing our part."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/shocking-man-seen-wearing-swastika-at-local-melbourne-market

"A Melbourne man was left shocked and distressed after seeing a man wearing a swastika arm band at his local suburban fruit and vegetable market.

The incident, which occurred at the Moorabbin Wholesale Farmer Fresh market on Friday afternoon shortly after 4pm, was reported to the Anti-Defamation Commission and the Victoria Police.

According to the Anti-Defamation Commission’s chairman Dr Dvir Abramovich, the man in his 40s, called Victoria Police at 4:18pm and was later called back and told there was nothing they could do as it was not against the law to wear a swastika."

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Eediot Jedi posted:

He believes it's a fad and the rapes didn't happen because where's your evidence, why didn't you come forward years ago, I know my friends and they wouldn't do that, it's an attack on Christianity.

It's basically this - he refers to a few examples where evidence was weak or questionable and treats it as a trend, asking why we are so quick to take the victim's word for it.

Here's the article text:

quote:

How many will be condemned before hysteria cools
In this day and age it’s as if no one dares disbelieve anyone claiming to be a victim, for fear they may be accused of being cruel.
How many elderly Australian men must be unfairly jailed for raping boys before we cool this hysteria?
Trevor Spurritt last week became the fourth in four years to be freed — too late to save his reputation.

Yes, child abuse is one of the cruellest crimes. But jailing the innocent is also cruel.
Spurritt last year was sentenced to 11 years for abusing four students some 50 years ago, while a maths teacher at Victoria’s Camberwell Grammar.
Ah-ha! Four “victims” seems too many for a jury to doubt, right? And in a witch hunt, that’s how it works: the plural of allegation becomes “proof”.
But Victoria’s Court of Appeal last week decided the jury was wrong, and pointed to real problems with the accusers’ evidence.

For instance, one accuser said Spurritt indecently assaulted him at a school camp in 1969, 1970 or 1971. But there were no such camps in 1969 or 1970, and Spurritt did not go in 1971. Yet the jury still convicted him. It’s as if no one dares disbelieve anyone claiming to be a victim, for fear they may be accused of being “soft” on paedophilia or cruel to “victims”.
What’s frightening is that it’s not just juries — or the media — that seem keen to believe what they should question.
“It’s incumbent on us to believe what complainants tell us,” said the lead detective in a rape case in which he wrote the accuser’s story 15 times to make it fit the facts — only to still have it crumble in court.
This same detective was also involved early in the investigation of Cardinal George Pell, who was eventually jailed on the uncorroborated claims of one man.

How bizarre his claims were: that Pell raped him and a friend at the same time, in Pell’s cathedral, right after Mass decades ago.
Last year the High Court freed Pell, pointing out — seven judges to nil — the obvious.
How could the rapes have occurred as alleged, given witnesses agreed Pell was with them at the time and could not have slipped away unnoticed immediately after giving Mass, nor raped boys in a busy change room without being interrupted? What’s more, the second “victim”, now dead, said he had not been abused.

Then there’s Peter Higgins, a retired Patrician Brother and teacher. He was jailed for raping a student in 1976, but the NSW Court of Appeal quashed his conviction last year, saying the evidence against him “contains discrepancies, displays inadequacies, is tainted and otherwise lacks probative force”.
Significantly, it also tore strips off the judge who’d convicted Higgins, noting she’d misstated his evidence, falsely claimed his accuser’s claims were “corroborated”, made findings against the evidence, and wrongly rejected the “powerful” testimony of seven witnesses that Higgins was a good man, by claiming their evidence was “coloured” by the fact that they knew him.

And what chance did a fourth man — John Francis Tyrrell — have at his own trial? His jury convicted him of sexual abuse on the word of a single accuser, trying to remember what happened in a Geelong school some 50 years earlier.
Frail and partially blind, Tyrrell was jailed for 11 years.
But two years ago, Victoria’s Court of Appeal freed him.
It said the verdict was unsound, not least because his accuser claimed Tyrrell repeatedly raped him from 1965 to 1968, stopping only when the “victim” confronted him at the school in 1969. Yet Tyrrell had left in 1966.
So why was the jury apparently so eager to convict? Is it now a sin to doubt anyone claiming to be a victim?

It’s a good time to reflect. You see, they last week held a funeral for Philip Wilson, former Catholic Archbishop of Adelaide. He, too, was convicted on a charge so shaky that an appeal court freed him three years ago.
His accuser had claimed that 40 years earlier he told Wilson he’d been abused by another priest, and Wilson’s crime was in not reporting this alleged conversation 28 years later to police then investigating that priest for other sex offences.
Wilson insisted he couldn’t recall being told, and the appeal court judge listed 14 reasons to doubt the accuser’s evidence, which he called inconsistent.
He also accepted the evidence of a memory expert that even “entirely honest individuals” could form “false memories”.

And when a mob treats such memories, reconstructed decades later, as more convincing than the hard evidence that contradicts them, who is safe when the finger points?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

just let millions of feral dogs loose to chase the cats

i foresee no problems with this approach

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

where will you find that many PHON voters?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

The saddest thing about all of this, (apart from the tragic suicide of the victim, and her terrible rape), is that none of this will lose the Liberals a single loving vote.

I mean, this is what the Liberal Party FB page is running right now. Just scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel for anything they can possibly say about the opposition, and their supporters agree whole heartedly that Labor are terrible scum.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

hooman posted:

Ah yes, rarely used phrase "I'm on your side". How dare he plagiarise that from... Jeremy Corbyn?

The best part? They have the same catch phrase on their party front page.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Pretty loving furious reading this from 2018.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/i-believe-you-your-country-believes-you-pm-s-apology-to-child-sex-abuse-survivors

quote:

'I believe you, your country believes you': PM's apology to child sex abuse survivors

Prime minister Scott Morrison has delivered an emotional apology to the thousands of Australians who suffered sexual abuse as children at the hands of institutions that were trusted with their care[...]

As a father of two daughters, I can't comprehend the magnitude of what she has faced. Not just as a father, but as a prime minister, I am angry too at the calculating destruction of lives and the abuse of trust.

A survivor named Rodney asked the question so common to so many survivors. He wonders about the "person I may have become or the person I could have become, if I did not have all of this in my life".
Death can take many forms. In this case, the loss of a life never lived and a life denied.

Another survivor, Aidan, spoke of not getting justice, because his abuser had died.
He said, "I was bereft because I was robbed. I was robbed of my day in court. I wanted to tell the world what he did. That was stolen. That was him, again, taking control."

Mr Speaker, today, as a nation, we confront our failure to listen, to believe, and to provide justice.

Nothing has changed after years.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Animal Friend posted:

I asked my anti vax buddy about why he doesn't want the covid vaccine.

I suppose they're technically correct that it disconnects us from the 'spirit world', but that's because it keeps vulnerable people alive longer.

There's a decent friendlyjordies video from today where he talks to Bill Shorten about union movements and worker's rights, it made for good background listening. These long form interviews where politicians just get an opportunity to talk about stuff are good, except jordies gets too excited sometimes and interrupts his own questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAViGQTTGJU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Finding lots of small sites and blogs now that this march has been getting some social media traction. It's a good time to look into the abyss.

The comments section in these blog posts about Bill Shorten's rape allegations gets a bit crazy with random CAPITALISATION and BIBLE VERSES.
https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2021/03/bill-shortens-public-shaming-of-kathy-sherriff-says-her-allegation-against-him-is-abhorrent.html

This person puts out a bunch of :raise: tweets every hour.
https://twitter.com/1Swinging_Voter

'Albanese didn't smile at me. He is just a liar.'
https://twitter.com/Josieamycashman/status/1371394137899945986

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/1371730034797408258?s=20

BrigadierSensible posted:

"I'm trying to have a respectful conversation"

As he talks over a woman who is calling out him talking over her.

I mean, we all know people that stupid. We have all met people that arrogant. And some of us have even been unlucky enough to run into people that misogynistic.

But surely they realize how bad this looks on national TV?

Or, and this is the horrifying thought, maybe it doesn't look as bad as we think it does. Maybe there are viewers out there who saw that exchange and saw a calm rational man dealing with a disrespectful hysterical woman talking nonsense.

It's absolutely the last part, but also some people just don't care enough about the stuff that goes on in politics unless it directly impacts them e.g financially. Case in point I was showing my dad (in his mid 70s) some videos about the march4justice, and the stuff Morrison said like 'protests in other countries would be met with bullets'. He just kind of shrugged and said 'whatever that's supposed to mean..' - He isn't affected by any of it and was never that interested to begin with, he doesn't really care about activism like women marching for their rights, but doesn't think women demand too much or should be denied anything either; it's the kind of thing that if it came on the TV he would change the channel because he wouldn't consider it relevant to him/something he needs to know about.

AgentF posted:

How come friendlyjordies keeps giving politicians Warhams? They never seem pleased to receive one, no matter how many painting hours went into them.

Some in-joke that some people refuse to drop (must be like 3+ years ago now) about turning it into a Warhammer channel, because he mentioned an interest in it once and said he might do a painting video. There are always a few comments on every video he does like 'this is the weirdest warhammer video I've ever seen'.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 16, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

PalaNIN posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/it-put-fear-into-me-lidia-thorpe-tells-of-harassment-by-fellow-mps-20210323-p57dbd.html

For fucks sake, how much more evidence do we need to know that these aren't historical isolated incidents?

ScoMo, quit talking about the need for change and the need to do better, and start pointing fingers at the rear end in a top hat men in your Parliament. This isn't something that a committee or a policy can bandaid over; those kinds of action just disassociates the source of the issue - ie you and your dipshit power-hungry colleagues - from what needs to actually change. This Government needs to be a half-decent example to change the culture and our PM is nowhere near displaying that example.

I'm sitting next to my parents (late 60s and 70s) as this story has come on SBS, Thorpe is being interviewed and they are almost yelling at the tv "she is an adult, why can't she tell them not to do it, how can she put on this sad face about people putting their arms around her or asking her out, just tell them 'im not interested"'

Mum adding she's had plenty of people put an arm around her and it's never meant anything. She's either been fortunate or ignorant. There doesn't seem to be a connection that the same people wanking onto desks and raping female staffers are the same party putting their arms around people. She doesn't realise that it's intimidation, and that women who bring it up as an issue are losing their jobs.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 23, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If having sex with a passed out woman is rape a lot of punters would have to admit they might have done some bad poo poo too or know a buddy who did. It's easier to blame the victim.

Based on what I've been reading on social media, there are an incredible amount of women with the opinion that Brittany Higgins should have known what she was in for, going back to a room with a man alone, while drunk. Almost to the point that the reality is that she definitely wanted to have sex, and now she is just seeking an opportunity for attention because of feminism/sleeping her way up/dodgy money/etc because otherwise this would have been sorted out straight away.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

At 17:03 in that interview, after Tracy brings up Morrison not coming out to meet protesters there's a jump cut where she asks the question again, and it's really clear that she is just fed up with his bullshit, but I can tell there are probably heaps of people who will see him as a well spoken person who answered all of her questions plainly.

Was also interesting how he mentioned 'another member of parliament had similar allegations made against them' when talking about Christian Porter, but then later dropped the pretense and just started saying 'Mr. Shorten'.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 25, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Konomex posted:

So the government sits on a 2 seat majority, which means they can't boot anyone from their job without losing government. Which is disastrous because you don't want to go to an election because an MP was upskirting people or another one probably raped someone. So you have to keep him.

You desperately hope this will blow over before you have to call the next election, which is getting closer and closer. But the longer you wait, the more likely it is that something horrible that one of the other fuckwits in the party did come out. With proof. How many upskirting, masturbating, raping, sexual deviants can you actually let sit in government without losing the next election as a bunch of gutless perverts? This government is leaking like a sieve.

Somehow I think everything is gonna turn out just fine :smithicide:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

"sexual woman thing"

"next rape her desk"

"Dad issue nats"

"Inflation rapists"

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Here’s the full statement from dance troupe 101Doll Squadron, who have accused the ABC of “deceptive editing” over that video of them twerking at the launch of a navy war ship on Sunday. The statement was first reported by Eden Gillespie from SBS’s The Feed.

The sqaudron said:

The 101Doll Squadron members have been under personal attack on all media platforms since the weekend and we now feel unsafe. The media which purports to support women have been the most virulent. We are very disappointed at the ABC’s deceptive editing of their video piece which cut to guests and dignitaries who were not in attendance and shooting from angles which could not be seen by the audience. We found this very creepy and reflects more on the ABC’s camera operator and their need to sexualise these women and their dance piece for their own gratification.

These are the images appearing in the media and the ABC have a lot to answer for in making us feel threatened and exploited. With Indigenous and multi-racial members from a community-based dance group, the dance itself was made up of choreographic and musical elements that included referencing blessings, the waves of the ocean and our geographical location of where the fresh water meets the sea, to name a few.

It was meant to bring an informal sense of celebration; a gift from one of our community groups to open a modern ship with a modern dance form. A short piece taken out of context in what was a very long day performed before the official ceremony and before the arrival of dignitaries and not part of it.

It was in no way meant to be disrespectful and we are hurt and disappointed it has been misconstrued to appear that way.

So basically their response is that people don't understand the dance, they saw some twerking and outfits that they associated immediately with sex, and drew some unfair conclusions which have been exacerbated by the media.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The only thing I've seen more social media rage about today is a radio station asking "should schools have gender neutral bathrooms".

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Watching that on a train without sound, to get the gist, asks so many questions.

2 people with milkshakes, one scoops it up and shoves it in the others face. ACTION ZONE.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/Pheladi_24/status/1226723838295183360?s=20

What was that American video about consent or sexual assault and harassment from the past year or so, it has a bit where a white guy is about to chase after some woman coming out of a building and his black friend puts a hand on his chest like "MM MM MM Not today!" or something like that. I remember everyone thinking it was really terrible at the time?

e: It was the gillette advert. So many guys saying "I WILL NEVER BUY GILLETTE PRODUCTS AGAIN"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYaY2Kb_PKI

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 20, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

bell jar posted:

thanks for the 2 year old meme

They grow up so fast :3:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Intoluene posted:

Part of it is that a lot of Americans are consuming it. Like "See, Sky News Australia thinks this too! It's not just Fox!"

I also see a lot of American people pop up on ABC news comments sometimes, usually about climate change stuff. There have been a few times where people have said 'abc just said [something something]' and an Australian person ends up linking to an article from abc news America.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

SecretOfSteel posted:

Somewhere out there some conservative is thinking this is the evidence we need to privatise the police force...

Maybe, or they might think everything is fine and the ~the media~ are just doing a beat up on our boys in blue.

quote:

Angela Lynch from the Women’s Legal Service Queensland told Guardian Australia last week that the teams would only usually assess and intervene in cases where the threat of violence was overt – responding to obvious warning signs, but not subtle ones.

[...]

Lynch said this meant many police responding to family violence complaints lacked a nuanced understanding of the issue. She said some officers were “too lazy” to act effectively and that others too readily accepted the account of the perpetrator.

“What we know is that if there’s a good police response, women are more likely to take advantage of that and take steps towards safety, linking with services,” Lynch said.

“If there’s a bad police response, women can feel quite defeated.

[...]

Police continue to largely reject suggestions that would involve devoting more trained specialist officers to the problem, including one pushed by criminologist Kerry Carrington for women-only police stations, based on her research on the success of such a model in Argentina.

Based on the attitudes I see online (and to be fair I do spend too much time reading bullshit online) I presume this would be the opposite of what I said above - shat on for being some 'feminist police force' against men (since, depending on who you ask, anything that seems to help women is automatically anti-men) https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-17/qld-woman-only-police-stations/100013538

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 27, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Here is a social media post looking at each statement or paragraph of the christian meet he went to, up until about half way. The article contains the full transcript, and it gets more cultish towards the end, with the 'social media is where the evil one hides' or whatever the exact words were. It's easier than trying to watch the video of it which is around 30 minutes long, and he spends time thanking various people for being present.

quote:

https://www.eternitynews.com.au/aus...j-x3aSTRnBuCrz4

I can respect the choice of people who choose to believe in Christianity; members of my extended family are Christian, but this article is nuts -

“...What is so horrifying? That the nation’s leader is a person of faith? This has been true for most prime ministers. Kevin Rudd made no secret of his Christian beliefs and spoke to the media after church on Sundays. Tony Abbott was known for his Catholicism before he won the 2013 election. Alfred Deakin wrote a private prayer seeking God’s help when he was sworn in as prime minister in 1903.”

Rudd was very capable of separating his religious beliefs from his work as PM. Being religious was not a crutch to remain popular with christian voters, or something that took precedence over other responsibilities (Morrison still hasn't had that meeting with Brittany Higgins) or leadership duties.

It's reached a point where Scomo is describing the way he deals with work in mostly religious terms (it's reasonable to accept that there is media bias at work here, only showing those moments), and he seems very dependent on his religious doctrine to be able function professionally when under stress.

Also don't forget huge sums of money granted to Hillsong, and in this specific case, private tax payer funded flights to a religious event where no MSM were allowed to attend. He cannot shut out the public while moving around and attending these things at their expense.

THE TRANSCRIPT within the article demonstrates that he believes that nothing he or any other believer does is ultimately their own decision (and therefore not their responsibility), or that the system of government that he leads is capable of managing the country, and THAT is genuinely horrifying. All of this is said by Morrison:

- "She’s [Jen] a great blessing. She’s got an amazing heart. The way she’s used the opportunity that God has given us for such a time as this [...] Her heart is just as big as it comes. God is using her, I think, in great ways. Political ways."

- My father in law was an amazing Christian. There wasn’t a day that went past when Roy was not in complete wonder about how God saved him. [...] God reached him through [inaudible] church, where he was, and he just lived the rest of his life going, “I can’t believe how great God is.”

- I said, “You know, Roy, I can’t fix the world. I can’t save the world. We both believe in someone who can.” [...] If you haven’t read of any of Rabbi Sacks’ work, I strongly encourage you to. [...] He said, “You lose your morality and you’re in danger of losing your freedom.” - (This quote shared by the same politician with an "I stopped these" boat trophy in his office)

- “Freedom has never worked without deeply ingrained moral beliefs.” He was talking about community. That you can’t replace community with governments, with the market, with others, you can’t. You can’t replace the family. You can’t replace marriage. [...] These are important things. But they can’t replace community. (Morrison GENUINELY doesn't believe that the system of government has any value without christianity, and despite sharing a quote about morality and freedom, he does not respect any other system of family and marriage that are non christian).

- We cannot allow what we feel entitled to, to be more important than what we’re responsible for. (Let's start with holiday to Hawaii during bush fires as one example of how insane this is, coming from him. His leadership came second.)

- I’ve always been at a community church, that’s where I want to be. At a church that believes in community and creates community [...] You cancel out one human being and you cancel community, community is just human beings that God loves and that is intended to connect us, one to another. Morality is about focusing not on you, but on the person next to you. It’s about focusing, for me, on you. That is the essence of community. You can’t pass a law for it. You can’t create a building for it.

Despite describing a church as a place that creates community, Morrison says that you can't create 'a building' for community. He doesn't believe you can create laws for community even though he regularly refers to bible passages as justification for his logic. If the bible passages are just suggestions, and not laws or rules, why is there so much insistence on following them correctly or accurately? He doesn't seem to value the existence of a community spirit without christianity.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 29, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

"Getting involved in stuff I shouldn't have" sounds like he totally misunderstood the concept of empathy and just respect for others in general.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Konomex posted:

Is... I mean, where the gently caress does the working class end? I'm a teacher and I couldn't afford a 2 million dollar anything. No one would lend me that. I could save for decades and barely scrape it.

Do these people actually think they are working class?

I looked up Tony Peddie, makes for an interesting read. He's lead a varied life. His local angling club did a piece on him, public post is up for all to see. This is how they formatted it, sorry in advance.

Working class my rear end. I knew the age was poo poo, but this is beyond poo poo. This is worse than an actor pretending to be a tradie. Journalism in Australia is a sick joke.

They seem to think that having a job where you 'go to work' is working class.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Konomex posted:

Why the hell does he care about $6000 more in stamp duty though? Has he been that poo poo at managing his self funded retirement after years of working at the international CEO level and owning multiple businesses?

Because how dare he, a hard working self funded retiree, have to pay more money on anything?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Labor Government Best :smuggo:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I know a bunch of us don't care much for FJ/Barilaro stuff, but this comment I saw is certainly something. I want to believe it's satire.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 23, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

It's actually normal for me to set my laptop on fire

https://twitter.com/JoshBavas/status/1407581427323965440

Say hello to Miguel Sanchez!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Laserface posted:

Murder Old People. its your civic duty at this stage.

General comment from older female family member: "I'm glad Barnaby is back in government. As long as he can do a good job, that other stuff doesn't matter. The media need to step back and let him work".

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

hooman posted:

On what? More staffers?

Seems that way? Seems you can still be a good boss even if you impregnate staff - as long as you get results in other areas such as...and...

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Organza Quiz posted:

I just found out that colonoscopies have like a 0.3-0.8% chance of bowel perforation with similar mortality rate to AZ clots. So that's like 100 times more likely to happen than getting a clot from AZ.

If we decide to go all in on AZ they really need a public campaign comparing the risk to other things seen as routine and unconcerning, that's probably the only way to convince our dumb ape brains.

It really does have to be something that is routine and relatable for as many people as possible. Arguments have been made along the lines of 'you're more likely to get struck by lightning' in regards to 'things that have a very small chance of happening', but people don't often think about getting struck by lightning specifically, so why would they care about the thing it is being compared to? As far as I've witnessed, people are generally more afraid of things that they've seen happen to others, or that they know have happened to people they care about.

Similarly, if something like a vax blood clot happens to someone they don't like then it's almost a good thing, as though that person deserved to have one and their chance of fatal outcomes was higher than usual. This might make someone more willing to try a procedure, because if it's bad for people they hate, it must be good for people they like. Does that make sense? It's like sports team or video game logic.

I believe this is part of why Scomo stepped up to receive a vaccine early; I specifically remember people saying "If the vaccine is so good, all the members of parliament should take it as well."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I'm at a doctor's surgery now waiting for a vaccine. I was booked for AZ, then the doctor I saw shook their heads and said it was a mistake by the receptionist and I should rebook for Pfizer.

That doctor was then over ruled by another doctor who tells me the Pfizer vaccine is only for ages 40-60.

The actual person giving the injections said they were not comfortable giving me an AZ injection.