Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hooman posted:

Regarding covid, stay safe lung poverty ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Peccadillo posted:

CFS said they expect the Adelaide Hills to be on fire for four to five days, but, y'know, not super predictable stuff

The fire that got near enough to my house to result in a n emergency text from the CFS is out, the main fire in Scott Creek is just patchy small burns now thanks to rain and no wind overnight and today.

e: Time Message Issued: 22:53
Date Message Issued: 25/01/2021

Origin / Name: CHERRY GARDENS

Incident Update
ISSUED FOR CHERRY GARDENS

This fire has now been contained with no current warning messages active.

More than 400 firefighters have been working during today to contain the fire burning in the Adelaide Hills. More than 2700 hectares of scrub and grasslands has been burnt. Due to the high rainfall, parts of the fireground are now unsafe and firefighting activities has reduced.

A number of strike teams have been stood down, with skeleton crews to remain on overnight to monitor the fireground and respond to any flare up or incidents.

We'll have volunteers on call over night in case the situation changes and then back on tomorrow to mop up and black out the fireground, crews will remain on scene for several days.

Tiered road closures remain within the fireground to assist in keeping the community safe. At this stage Mount Bold Road is closed to all traffic as a Tier 1 Road Closure. Silver Lake Road/Strathalbyn Road Mylor, Red Hill Road/Longwood Road Longwood, Scott Creek Road/Woolcock Road Longwood, Lamont/Crossing Road, and Cherry Gardens Road/Dorset Vale Road Cherry Gardens are Tier 3 with access to local traffic only. These road closures will continue to be monitored and reviewed. For safety reasons, residents are asked not to enter areas with Tier 1 road closures in place. A current list of road closures can be found at traffic.sa.gov.au.

The Rapid Damage Assessment team has been undertaking assessments today to determine the level of impact. It has now been confirmed that 2 homes have been destroyed in the fire, 17 outbuildings, 2 vehicles and 2 further outbuildings have been partially damaged. Efforts by firefighters have seen 60 homes saved during the firefight.

DEW is coordinating support for the protection of endangered species of Flora and Fauna within the conservation parks and reserves including species of orchid, southern brown bandicoot and chestnut rumped heath wren.

When returning to your property residents need to be aware of safety hazards associated with fire affected areas and ensure areas impacted are assessed by a relevant licensed trade person.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 25, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Artificial Kid posted:

I can't find whatever article he's referring to by google, but to be earning several times what a nurse makes that journo have to be on between $200K and $500K. Are Australian journalists generally renowned rich fucks?

Only the poo poo swizzlers at The Australian earn any actual money, the rest of them copy paste corporate and IPA media releases for minimum wage

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Any Liberal MP who admits to being a moderate is immediately targeted for destruction by the fascist pedophile faction of the party, so it's hardly surprising

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

freebooter posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, taking an AZ vaccine now isn't going to preclude anybody from also having a Pfizer vaccine in the future, when they're more widely available. And also we don't know yet whether it's going to be a one-and-done thing or whether we're going to need to get them annually like the flu shot anyway.

And open myself up to getting double autism? No thank you Mr Big Pharma :colbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Stamford Plaza in Adelaide is fenced off out front with guards, but has a constant stream of ubereats and deliveroo guys delivering food during meal times

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snoremac posted:

I thought this already existed. When on Newstart my JSP set me up for a job I got suspiciously easily and I didn't accept it because it was poo poo money. The JSP were threatening to cut me off for this and after some yelling on the phone I pointed out the contract was offering below minimum wage and they hosed off.

That exists already, they're just extending it so that the employer you rejected can have you cut off without it needing to go through the JSP where there are still, very rarely, people who try to avoid placing penalties.

Also the Participations Solutions Team has now been outsourced, so most times you get directed to PST now you'll be going to an underpaid contractor who can be just about instantly dismissed for not hitting the punish button at all times.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 23, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ungulateman posted:

why do unemployed people have to get advice on getting a job from people who can't get real jobs and have to work in the job seeker providing industry

just give them their jobs

My Centrelink contractor call centre at Datacom Modbury was over half staffed by people referred over by Jobs Statewide, and coincidentally had about the same churn and burn rate as the average JSP office due to poo poo pay, poo poo conditions, and poo poo management. You'd be shocked to learn that the call centre was getting a portion of the federal bounty provided to Jobs Statewide for finding them a job.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Perth :eyepop:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

different rapist. gotta wonder why morrison intervened to save kellys rear end last preselection though

Price for the votes to beat Dutton at the last spill

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The sister is worse than Lachlan, but Rupes doesn't think women can run things that aren't households so she hasn't gotten anywhere

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

blackcat12951 posted:

The questions are randomised, i got a few on rightwing extremism, none on leftwing.

I got them on both left and right

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The CEO wrote an email to the entire firm implying that the client they had been hired to defend was guilty, that's probably about as untenable as it gets.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

iajanus posted:

Yeah I don't know how you stay friends with someone like that

The answer is you don't.

I had a friend from high school and university who found religion with one of those ultra conservative chinese baptist churches. I was willing to let it be until he gave me a propaganda book on intelligent design. It's now been 15 or so years since I've spoken to him, despite multiple attempts by a mutual friend's wife to get me to change my mind. I'm not the biggest fan of the wife either, the main example I like to point to being her shamelessly complaining about how tough times were right now because she was struggling to afford to keep on the domestic staff (nanny and cleaner) at their million dollar beach front two story home while I was 12 months into an 18 month spell of unemployment. I had to be restrained by another friend. I've only seen her once in the last 12 months thanks to the Rona, thankfully. Fewer friends as time goes on.

What I'm saying is I expect to die alone.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Michaelia Cash as AG is just one criminal to another

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

duck monster posted:

ASMR is basically what happens when somebody doesn't know what the wind screen on a microphone is for.

ASMR makes my skin crawl and I loving hate it and want to run away or turn off or smash whatever is doing it

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 5, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

GotLag posted:

Do you also dislike being touched by others?

This is a serious question, as the tingles/pleasure I get from some sounds are the same I used to get in primary school when a friend and I would take turns "drawing" on each other's back with our finger, or when my hair was checked for lice.
This makes me think it's connected to some kind of physical social grooming response, like how apes check each other for parasites.

Yes, I find physical contact awkward and uncomfortable and have no idea how to tell when people are expecting or want it, or are ready for it to end. It took until high school to get used to shaking hands, and into my late twenties to get used to hugs. I am better at it these days, but still choose to avoid it where possible.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 5, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SuddenCactus posted:

The only way a Navy ship should be launched by dancers is to have them straddle the cannons like Cher.

It's an oil tanker with a cargo deck, it only has two cannons and the larger one is 25mm

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My GP told me I was eligible to get the vaccine, so I booked an appointment and went in yesterday, and they turned me away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Eediot Jedi posted:

"I’m incredibly relieved to be offered support by the government," she said.

"Five hundred dollars may not seem like much to some, but it can make all the difference to someone who is living payday to payday.

"I feel this also is a small token from the government that admits the importance of the casual workforce in this country. To completely ignore our struggles during a snap lockdown would have been cruel and alienating.

"This payment plan makes me feel seen and supported."

lol

Scott Morrison has the momentum of a runaway freight train, why is he so popular?