Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

The Peccadillo posted:

Habit Proof Fence

This needs more love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

kirbysuperstar posted:

OZB has forums? That seem somehow worse than Whingepool?

They're getting a kicking in the comments lmao

quote:

New post on whirlpool: help I'm a landlord and am getting bullied on OzBargain should I contact the esafety commissioner?

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Animal Friend posted:

I asked my anti vax buddy about why he doesn't want the covid vaccine.

Someone's been playing a little too much Assassin's Creed.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

The video clip is hilarious, it's the dancers doing their thing in front of a big grey warship, interspersed with shots of old white guys in uniform at the event trying to look like "yes this is fine".

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

we did it reddit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-20/nsw-premier-state-politicians-slam-milkshake-consent-video/100081296

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Labour went after the pokies in the last Tasmanian election and were defeated, so they've decided people want them to be Diet Liberal instead.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Barnaby Joyce, statesman:

quote:

While he said he did not want to see any bloodshed anywhere, Mr Joyce also said he did not want to see any spillover of the conflict between communities in Australia.

"I don't want their problems in our streets, whether it is Catholic/Protestant, a Yugoslav issue, a Sudan issue, its on the other side of the world. We have enough problems closer to home," Mr Joyce said of the conflict.

"If I get engrossed in Palestinian/Israeli politics, I take my mind off here.

"I don't want to see someone else's turd in my toilet and if you come to our country … flush it."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-20/barnaby-joyce-israel-gaza-conflict-netanyahu-hamas-qa/100154512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Laserface posted:

I just lied on the pfizer booking form and said i was a health worker, no proof required.

still cant get pfizer until september.

and you cant change your vacciniation centre once registered.

true blue aussie website.

Here in Tas I was able to sign up at the end of May being completely honest (in my 30s, not a healthcare worker, no underlying conditions, etc) - an email came through from work saying as a teacher I was eligible for the current phase. Not clear whether it was AZ or Pfiz but it says "Under 50" on my confirmation so I'd assumed the latter as this was well before this week's walkback. I wasn't asked to provide any proof of my employment. My partner works at the university and got a similar email and also signed up.

I was and still am skeptical this is actually going to work as it seems to contradict all the publicly available information. I just checked on Google, the Tas DoE and Catholic Education sites to see if there were any updates and literally the only public confirmation I can find is from South Australian branch of the teacher's union saying SA should follow suit and make teachers elligible like in Tasmania back on June 1.

Anyways the appointment is for this Sunday morning so I'll post a trip report.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 1, 2021