Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Lock it down I don't even give a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Airism masks are like $15 for three at Uniqlo you don't have to get masks from fancy online shops at $20+ a throw.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Imagine how many privately owned mines you could fully subsidise with all the covid gravy train money smdh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Upgrading my prediction from brain parasite to invasion of the body snatchers.

Lmao look at these people

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wearing a mask in public during a pandemic is like a go fund me. I am a very intelligent medical man.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What is the opportunity cost of an individual spending $20 on masks?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav curtails our scomo given freedoms

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eediot Jedi posted:

The arse has a paywalled article, the blurb claims a high ranking US official says there is strong evidence corona did a runner from a Chinese biological weapons facility.

I really want to see the source on this one.

The source is a high ranking Trump idiot it says right there. They say a lot of things.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

Oh my God has anyone else seen that official Australia Day TV commercial.

It has all these first Australians commenting on how much it hurts but the commercial ends, bringing them all together for a barbecue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iOMy9Tg9Bg

It was apparently made last year but it's on TV right now.
:eyepop:

Ehhhh I was braced for something worse. It's nice enough.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

I mean I get it and I wasn't trying to oversell it but I just detected the tone deafness and sorta cringed a lot?

Or am I being terminally woke?

Nah I get it.

Also I understand turning off the comments because it could be the nicest and best ever ad and still have the algorithm display only the most horrendous top comments.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Artificial Kid posted:

Under a video that literally proclaims that we all have a piece of a story to contribute? "We should all share our part [of the story of Australia]...I mean not you, not now, but you know...[waves]...generally"

I wouldn't really class YouTube invective as an important story telling device.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I still smoke some darts but not many these days. $40 is a lot of money so it makes it easy to just walk away and buy a videogame or a steak dinner. Also on that front people I used to work with that smoked a pack of 30 a day have all dropped to less than 10 just on the price. For rational actors the system works but they're still insanely addictive which is going to own people forever.

As someone that will relish a coffee and a ciggie I say just ban them who cares.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's still a miscarriage but most people that experience them before six weeks understand it's a dice game you will lose often. I can't be hosed reading whatever drivel they've churned out for this individual's unfortunate situation.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CelestialScribe posted:

...and I'm the bad guy for going to a loving park.

Jesus Christ, you two are loving evil. I'd love to see you say this to the face of any woman who has experienced a miscarriage at any time, and I don't give a poo poo if either of you are women and have experienced it yourself. that's loving heartless. gently caress you both.

Yeah it's evil to clarify the question over what a miscarriage is and then choose not to read a garbage article. You really are a saint, now I see it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CelestialScribe posted:

"It's still a miscarriage but most people that experience them before six weeks understand it's a dice game you will lose often"

You're a loving idiot, eat poo poo and die.

Are you saying people (in particular people clearly trying to get pregnant) aren't given the odds by doctors and told to hold off on telling their friends and family until 13+ weeks?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CelestialScribe posted:

I'm saying you're a heartless piece of poo poo.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I was just meaning to have an aside with EoinCannon to say it's a legit miscarriage but it's also common and I wrongly assumed no repercussions.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Haha last year's game awards had the anti vaping poo poo too. Great content.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I had to get a digital id for work and I loving hate it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah you can't get into a club with international id you need a passport or state issued id.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There's apparently 79 contacts so taking a three day weekend from life so you can do some tracing and firebreak potential spread seems like a fine response.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah and they looked to be 18-24

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cricket. Truly the only sport in the world where a player would whisper "I hosed ya mum" into an opponent's ear while seeking a psychological advantage.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Who the gently caress was campaigning to change the name of Coon cheese lmao

The only reasonable argument for the change is the time that imbecile Courtney Barnett did Black Skinhead by Yeezy and changed the lyric "coon poo poo" to "coon cheese" while giggling like a child.

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 13, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Breakfast Burrito posted:

what about the argument that it's a racist slur, is that reasonable

Will Ed Coon's descendants be changing their names?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The event organisers and government that created procedures and policy for this exact eventuality.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Peccadillo posted:

What do you mean? Looks like they're all making GBS threads their pants and being weird as hell

The procedures and policies were in place before this happened and they were issued to players some time ago. I'm sure organisers are making GBS threads their pants because they want the event to succeed and that players from other countries are surprised at how strict we are tho.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

freebooter posted:

Alize Cornet seems like a nice girl who accidentally stirred a hornets' nest, so this is more about Melburnians, but it remains really weird to me that eight months of lockdown - while it did suck - is more easily characterised as "suffering" than, say, what happened in France, where 70,000 people are loving dead

https://twitter.com/alizecornet/status/1350827468215648263

Maybe 70,000 dead people should grant Alize some insight into why nobody cares that your game of tennis has been jeopardised.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Homora Gaykemi posted:

looks like somebody's never heard of the Commonwealth Games

why do you hate are athletes?

You don't need to be in the Commonwealth to play the games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mac hates her too. Funnily enough most tennis personalities either half heartedly dodge the question with a sigh or heap poo poo on her.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tokamak posted:

I regret to inform you that Martina Navratilova is a not a fan of trans women in women's sports.

Sometimes that happens because there's a competitive advantage for a time after transitioning. It doesn't always have to do with being an actual transphobe.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why isn't the patient the priority

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Homora Gaykemi posted:

you can just say you hate trannies, it's okay

Another exceedingly normal homora gaykemi conclusion

Amoeba102 posted:

Would you slippery slope it the other way, and make an argument that a heterosexual woman has the right to not be X,Y,Z by a homosexual woman? Then you'd be sounding like Margaret Court.
Discrimination against one leads to discrimination against many.

It's really difficult because you can opt for a male or female doctor without discriminating. I'd figure patient comfort would be paramount in the traumatic situations listed there.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

implicit in this is you assuming trans women are "male", which is both wrong and transphobic

I'm just talking about selecting male or female. I'm not entering the realm of anything other than patient comfort. If you have a doctor that has a personality you don't like that is also a reason to say no.

E: I'm a man so I don't care either way. I'll leave it to women to have strong opinions.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

yes and the position in the tweet you're defending states that if the patient selects "female doctor pls" and get a trans woman they have a right to feel aggrieved because they are "male" (which is again, both incorrect and transphobic)

or are you saying you are okay with a patient saying "no black/asian/etc doctors please"

If they're in one of the extreme cases listed I think you should just do what the patient says. They're not there for a check up

Like I don't reckon taking a rape victim to task over racism or whatever is the right thing to do

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 22, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

the tweet is talking about pap smears which all cervix havers should get pretty regularly past age 21 so yes, it is literally talking about a check up

The tweet is talking about rape kits and strip searches as well. I've never seen a surprise doctor for a checkup so I'm not sure what the story is there. You'd just select your doctor.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd say for a rape kit or something you'd have to make an effort to make the patient comfortable but if they were getting an eye exam and suddenly said they don't want a trans doctor or an Asian you'd just tell them to get hosed and move up your next appointment.

Buttcoin purse posted:

It's good how that tweet had a bunch of really different situations, ranging from pap smears which you tend to get from a doctor that you've chosen to go to yourself, to strip searches where I don't think you have all that much say in the matter. Is that an intentional choice to muddy the waters?

Yeah "rape" really pulls the eye I feel like I'm being Q'd.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

the point is you're falling over yourself to defend a position that rests on "trans women are really men" which is hosed, so maybe rethink that bit of it yeah

I'm not meaning to be perceived as defending the tweet or drawing a line between cis and trans women. I do think I'm probably being duped into talking about it because it presents traumatic situations. This is why I don't twitter.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

Australia is pretty good, and is a good place to live. There are of course, a lot of things to improve on in our country, but I'm glad to live here and to be Australian :australia:

Fuckin fascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They bought the avatar to punish themselves for caring lots about hot 2021 network television and talkback radio meme, sea shanties.