Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Happy Newstart Covid Supplement Cutback Eve

Good thing that whole thing is over and nobody needs the extra money!

(They needed the extra money regardless of the pandemic, but yeah)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Exactly, the Zeeks had this sorted years ago

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
less mask mandates, more mask man dates

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Less useful if it's "therefore we need to cut services" better if it's "therefore we need to raise corporate and top income bracket taxes".

What does your heart tell you?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Look, there's no time for worrying about politics now that SBS is playing Shortland Street

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lmao, Margaret Court is being named a Companion of the Order of Australia in this year's Invasion Day Awards

garbage country

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Laserface posted:

There is zero reason to stay in the commonwealth. it provides us absolutely nothing.

looks like somebody's never heard of the Commonwealth Games

why do you hate are athletes?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Martina/status/1352280174176428032

we stan a terf queen

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Why isn't the patient the priority

you can just say you hate trannies, it's okay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

She left her heart to the sappers

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Arse posted:

The new social justice movement is different to the old one. The civil rights movement and the campaign for legal equality for homosexuals began on the streets. The new transgender movement, on the other hand, began in the cultural studies departments of universities and is founded on Theory, with an upper-case T.

Queer Theory, from which today’s transgenderism derives, is an exercise in applied postmodernism that explicitly sets out to change the social order. Transgender activists are not motivated by the plight of those suffering from gender dysphoria, a clinical diagnosis some of these radicals would like to erase. They are political revolutionaries who use “queer” as a verb and deliberately mess with the language to destabilise seemingly fixed categories, like male and female, and to problematise the binary thinking they represent. Their actions flow from a worldview obsessed with hierarchies of power and cultural grievances that reduces everything to a zero-sum political struggle.

:jerkbag:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Buttcoin purse posted:

:negative:
I bet the article goes on to talk about the suffering of those with gender dysphoria like.. zero more times?

haha, of course. it's just the tired greatest hits of "social contagion! Safe Schools is transing your daughters! biological males are going to ruin women's sports!"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
remember franking credits lol

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

okay content:

hmm australia's special forces in afganistan... that's ringing a bell for some reason.

nah, see, he says that Iraq was a mistake 'cause we did the invasion part well but then didn't handle the followup occupation properly. i'm sure he was never involved in any of those war crimes

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

hmm maybe this lib politician kind of sucks

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BrigadierSensible posted:

He gave me a friendly "G'day", and to my shame, I replied just as friendlily. And I continued to the shops. But now, everytime I walk past that way, I know a Nazi lives there, and it's unsettling.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ShoeFly posted:

I wonder how he’ll manage to make it racist?

I mean, it's already a painting of Abbott :v:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
A hospital in the UK has introduced a policy that suggests inclusive language towards trans men who are pregnant that can be used alongside the usual way you'd talk to mothers that you'd used for women so of course the Fairfax papers are running a story that, despite mentioning the fact that it is purely additive, frames it as THE EVIL TRANSES ARE ERASING WOMEN

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Animal Friend posted:

I mean those guys are wankers but I don't know what the mic operator expected...

Breaking lockdown in search of other people breaking lockdown is an essential service

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Google and Facebook and all of them suck poo poo but "okay, we'll just void all your stuff then lmao" is absolutely the right response to "give my friend Rupert money just because"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Homora Gaykemi posted:

A hospital in the UK has introduced a policy that suggests inclusive language towards trans men who are pregnant that can be used alongside the usual way you'd talk to mothers that you'd used for women so of course the Fairfax papers are running a story that, despite mentioning the fact that it is purely additive, frames it as THE EVIL TRANSES ARE ERASING WOMEN

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Buttcoin purse posted:

If I understand correctly, the controversial thing for these people is that in some professional settings people will avoid saying "mother" and "father" since they're gendered? The way they're complaining about it, you'd think that "Happy Mother's Day" cards will be banned under penalty of death. I'm pretty sure you'll still be allowed to post photos of your gender reveal party on Facebook with a caption saying "I'm going to be a mother!!", is it really going to ruin the experience of parenthood if a doctor doesn't use the terms mother and father?

I'm not familiar with the maternity leave thing they mention, but the hospital one from earlier this month that they both drag back up was purely a place updating their policies to say "if your patient is a pregnant trans man here are some alternative terms you could use to avoid misgendering them and making them feel uncomfortable, if your patient isn't all the familiar stuff you would use for women is fine"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

HazCat posted:

Considering (rich, white) men face barely any consequences even if convicted of rape, I think we can stop pretending that speculating that a man might be a rapist is somehow beyond the pale. Rape accusations don't 'ruin lives', they're an awkward temporary inconvenience at worst.

i don't think anyone is saying that speculating on the identity of the rapist is going to ruin the lives of those considered as much as that it's incredibly gauche?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Decorum is a tool of oppression.

"turning a victim's statement into a guessing game is kinda weird" isn't decorum

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

It was a bumper week in the trans ire mine for the Arse last week

And then there's some more of it in today's letters

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Letter to the Arse posted:

In the 1970s and 80s, I thoroughly enjoyed being a pregnant woman, giving birth and breastfeeding. I now realise how selfish and discriminating I was. To make up for this, I would now like to make two previously female-only functions available to everyone. These are menstruation and menopause. You will notice that no name changes will be necessary. Enjoy!

these people seriously have no idea what they're complaining about lmao. like yeah, trans men definitely have no experience with menstruation, i'm sure

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

The Gov has wasted most of it's opportunities since Howard was elected

It's not like they had an unprecedented resources boom that could've been invested into the future of the country instead of being pissed away or anything

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

NPR Journalizard posted:

Its not like they sold off every profitable asset that the taxpayers created that could've been invested into the future of the country instead of being pissed away or anything.

Im still cranky about selling CSL. Even if they had kept a 49% stake, the dividends paid since going public would have been more than the original sale price.

Man, privatisation really was bipartisan country loving in the 90s, hey

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

good thing the current coalition leader isn't a god botherer who does things like make a big show of getting rid of a gender neutral toilet sign at his office as soon as he hears about it or else this could be really bad

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

:guillotine:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/1371698659197218821?s=20

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Please don't refer to women as menstruators it sounds like something an incel would say.

I'm sure the trans men included by that language used in health care contexts appreciate the comparison

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"Should we normalise trans people in medical language so that we don't end up with situations like Robert Eads dying of ovarian cancer because nobody would treat him until it was too late? I dunno, sounds a little incelish to me"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Evergreen

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Being monsters to trans people is the new culture war.

You don't have to tell me, I've expected this since the gay marriage plebiscite got up

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Wizard Master posted:

Shocking images emerging tonight of senior coalition staff engaging in vile sex acts within Parliament House itself, including masturbating onto the desk of a female MP - further proof that the environment is rotten to the core.

loving disgusting. Really is just rape culture and patriarchy writ large

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Beffer posted:

I want Dutton. This govt has a year before it has to go the polls and Dutton is a sure fire winner for anyone other than the loving Coalition. Go Pete Go!

When theI last :auspol: happened I thought "at least it wasn't the asbestos queen, she might have been competent enough to win them the next election," which they then went on to win anyway

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The important part of addressing rape culture is to not offend the cishet dudes

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

I don't agree that no white man should be in a position of authority. It's reductive.

I mean, positions of authority aren't a right

I definitely feel like "no white men ever" is a bit strong

But given the century plus of abuses of office by primarily white dudes you wouldn't catch me going "hang on, but what about" to defend the honour of white dudes as a class when people say "we have to stop this while we figure out what's going on"

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BBJoey posted:

you could have engaged with my though-provoking statement "you're a oval office" but instead you took it personally and here we are... le sigh...

So you think cops, as a class, aren't bastards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

We have ways of dealing with it

If it's legitimate rape, the body has ways of shutting it down

(Oops, crossing my uspol in here)