Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
Just got this SMS Spam on my Mobile in Sydney. Haven't been in Victoria since 2017, and it looks like he only got elected last year.

So I called Matt Bach on his office number, (Hey he called me first) and it turns out he actually answered. Haven't had a spammer actually answer my call since probably 1998, mad me feel all young again.

I assume he is a standard 150-pounds-of-poo poo-in-a-human-skin-trying-for-the-new-young-and-switched-face of the Liberal party ?

evilbastard fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
Indonesia has lost contact with the KRI Nanggala, a German type 209 Diesel Submarine made in 1981 and refitted by South Korea in 2012.

It was lost in waters 700 metres deep of Bali. The 209's have a max dive depth of a bit under 250 metres, so it is looking like whatever happened to the crew, hopefully it was quick.

Indonesia has asked for help from SIngapore and Australia. Singapore has deployed the MV Swift Rescue.

During my reading on this, I found that Australia also has 2 Submarine rescue vehicles, the Besant and the Stoker, both owned by DMS Maritime (A division of Serco) who subcontract back to RAN and Border Force

Indonesia recently signed a deal to buy three more of these from South Korea at a total cost of $1.2 billion.

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
That flight last week from Indonesia to Adelaide of the family with Covid ?

Turns out it was a journalist from The Australian coming back to Australia by private jet, after approval was given by Border Patrol and the Federal government.

The family claims that they got approval to rush back independently of the fact they were employed by News Corp.

I see some entries of this in the gossip pages, but nothing else anywhere else.

quote:

Last week a privately funded emergency medical evacuation flight flew into Adelaide airport bringing back a seriously ill family.

The family of three came from an Indonesian hospital and was transferred to Royal Adelaide Hospital.

The flight caused a bit of a stir among the South Australian media, who quizzed Premier Steven Marshall about it. He professed ignorance and passed questions on to South Australian Chief Health Officer Nicola Spurrier.

It turns out that the flight carried a reporter for The Australian newspaper and their partner, who both tested positive to COVID-19 last month while on assignment and then fell seriously ill.

CBD has decided not to name the family due to privacy concerns.

“Their six-year-old daughter also tested positive to COVID and was airlifted with her parents,” The Australian’s managing editor, John Lehmann, told us.

A global health services operator made the call about the medevac flight and decided it met all government requirements, he said.

“The company obtained all relevant health and government approvals independently from The Australian. The safety of our staff is very important to us and we are relieved and grateful the family is now recovering.”