Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I'm glad the gov in QLD is going hard fast. Better than a "let's see what happens" approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

Does taking the Astra Zeneca vaccine preclude you from taking the Pfizer vaccine later on when demand eases?

No, there's been a heap of vaccines that have been changed in the past and people have gotten the new ones with no problems.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

This seems like a stupid risk to me

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/1350649785204686853?s=19

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If businesses don't pay taxes in Australia, they might leave and not pay taxes somewhere else.

And then where would we be?

Their workers (not their C level employees) pay tax on their income, up income tax to balance it out.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Why make it hard to give something to someone in quarantine? Just give it to the people at the front desk to give to the quarantined person? Is it being treated like a prison? Why?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

abigserve posted:

How is it that people unable to feel empathy keep getting elected to public office

the lack of empathy is what normally allows them to step on everyone else's faces as they climb to the top

isn't there some study showing most ceos and politicians are well on the sociopath end of the spectrum?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I never expected this to go any other way.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The idea your looking to Google is called sortition I think

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Brisbane lockdown lifted at 12pm today

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-01/covid-live-updates-brisbane-lockdown-byron-bay-nsw/100042574

starkebn
May 18, 2004

cohsae posted:

Why am I not looking a shots of the Gina Rinehart joke book. Someone must have bought a copy to upload and make fun of it

I saw someone post a page of it. It was literally a few Facebook memes printed on each page, the few I saw were very lame right wing anti communist type ones.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

He’s right, that’s what flimsily built balconies are for

:lol:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

preaching to the choir here maybe, but this is an okay read

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/03/australian-labor-party-paul-keating-privatization-neoliberalism

starkebn
May 18, 2004

adamantium|wang posted:

https://twitter.com/abc730/status/1379366587388416000?s=19

Government is claiming that the ministers in this group are cabinet-in-confidence and are refusing to release their names or the projects they approved.

It's just the way they do everything

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/secret-documents-show-department-inserted-chapter-into-ndis-review-20210402-p57g5s.html

There's no consequences for them doing whatever the gently caress they want. There are no rules for them.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Some good replies in that one

starkebn
May 18, 2004

hooman posted:

Guardian Au posted:

The Morrison government has vetoed public funding of a windfarm and battery project in northern Queensland

Maybe I should just stop reading the news

starkebn
May 18, 2004

perepelki posted:

social housing

If only we could look at what works in Denmark or Singapore, the world leaders.

Nah, it's fine. Anything's fine.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Every article about real estate in the paper should be treated as paid advertising and given the exact respect that sort of poo poo deserves

:hmmyes:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I don't think governments in Australia change until people want the current mob out for some specific reasons. Corruption and ineptitude don't seem to be a good enough reason for most people. As long as the current government isn't threatening something major at the time of elections then it's business as usual in most of the country.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Just got my Pfizer slut juice at the PA in Brisbane. Thanks to whoever posted the link earlier.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Unless the LNP threaten to take something like Medicare away (NDIS, tertiary education, climate apocalypse wont do it) then they'll just get another term I reckon. No matter how loud the Greens shout about how hosed the government is we're the only ones listening to them.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Periphery posted:

The fact that they are relying on a phone booking system and don't just have a website you can go to is loving ridiculous. You need to make this poo poo as easy as possible to reduce peoples excuses not to do it.

Yeah, it's crazyily inept

starkebn
May 18, 2004

thatbastardken posted:

fucks sake his dad is a former WA supreme court judge and major general, how did benny get stuck at corporal?

I'm pretty sure anyone who joins the SAS as a soldier gets busted down to Trooper, no matter their rank before transferring

starkebn
May 18, 2004

NSW case is a guy who drives airline staff to their hotels and was at a cinema while potentially infectious

starkebn
May 18, 2004

So, uh, it turns out, whoopsie, they weren't testing their airport drivers every day like they were supposed to. Oh, and maybe they weren't making sure they were wearing PPE when they were driving potentially infectious airline staff around either.

Sorry about that I guess.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Did we learn nothing from the emu war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

got my second Pfizer shot today. I've got no special reason to be able to, I just followed the link that was put in the thread a month ago - got my first shot straight away and the second shot was scheduled practically as soon as it was able to be