Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

7 News running a puff piece on the Howard Government atm. It has a clip of Scomo on holidays saying "Only a Liberal government could have delivered the 2000 Olympics."

To a nodding 7 News reporter.

2000 NSW govt, famously a LNP one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Yeah for all intents and purposes, from NSW QLD and VIC anywya, the learners permit IS a drivers licence so there's not really any way it can be considered an invalid form of ID. Not sure how other states handle learners permits but in qld any states learners permit is valid ID under the liquor act.

Yeah I never understood why it wouldn't be considered ID, growing up in NSW. It was government issued, looked exactly the same as a full licence (except the colour at the top), and you had to go through the same identity process to get it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I don't work Mondays so the only difference between this and a normal weekend for me is that I can't take iaJunior to swimming and I made sure to stock up the beer fridge.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

hambeet posted:

I’d agree it’s a part of nearly all sports, but cricket seems to have taken it to the next level.

Idk if it’s because of the length of a game or what.

Probably because everyone's standing around for most of the time so everybody's still fresh to talk trash. In most other sports you're a bit winded so it's harder

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably only NZ, yeah. I shouldn't complain too much because without like..medicare I would have been painfully super dead several times over now and holy gently caress thank god we aren't the US or UK.

My Life story

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

On the upside, there's a pretty good streak in Australia of being against ultra-religious positions so maybe if they go too far down that track they'll start pissing off more people

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

duck monster posted:

This is usually te part where I double down and ask them to stop abusing children and lose half my friendlist again lol. Being friernds with mungbeans is hard work.

Yeah I don't know how you stay friends with someone like that

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

A couple of days ago the Adelaide City Council voting to abandon plans for an East-West bike path through the city after years of planning and consultation (and a multi-million dollar grant from the state government to build it) because some lawyers and a Greek church threatened to sue them since it would result in a reduced number of street parking spaces.

Fuckers.

One would suspect that they may have been looking for an excuse not to do the project and this was a convenient one.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

E: nah

iajanus fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 31, 2021

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm second guessing myself, now. I realised it might be an April Fools joke by News.com.au about the extension possibly being revealed, but I checked Queensland Health and the extended time till Tuesday is on there. So I don't know what to believe.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Was very heartening to see them basically cancelling the AZ shot the day after I got my first one

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BurgerQuest posted:

gently caress sorry to hear that, I hope your final days are comfortable.

I'll make sure to update my Facebook photo to have a "Fresh in our Memories" frame shortly

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Comstar posted:

Queen's going to die within the year, England goes into 3 days mourning.

On the lighter side of the news, Australia becomes a Republic in the next decade.

You have way too much optimism in this loving country

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Animal Friend posted:

One of the talking heads on the ABC this morning was asked if the fact that people need super to buy a house is a worrying sign about the price of property in Australia. They said prices are high because of basic "supply and demand" reasons and that the states need to deregulate the building industry so they can build faster.

That... Doesn't seem right.

It's funny how deregulation is the answer to literally every problem.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

go_banana posted:

AZ looks set to be only for 60+ after ATAGI's recommendation to the Federal Government. Wonder how long this will delay the vaccine rollout by. Good thing we went nearly all in on the AZ train.

Wait does this mean I won't be getting my second jab in a few weeks?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm on the border of Moreton bay/Brisbane and Redcliffe is a 40 minute drive so your geography is a bit off here just FYI. Not that any of these suburbs between here and there contain anything at all important or even interesting but still.

Yeah, having moved here from Sydney and living on the border of Brisbane and Redlands it's bizarre how big the areas are up here.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

spaceblancmange posted:

The NT is locked down because someone caught it in a Brisbane hotel, they had to quarantine there because Melbourne had an outbreak due to a leak at an Adelaide hotel

Yeah my brother in law is at a mine in the NT and they're completely locked down because someone came back positive. They're now confined to rooms and there's 2 more cases.

They get 2 apples and a glass of juice for breakfast, two slices of bread and a piece of roast beef for lunch, and a bowl of stroganoff (by itself) for dinner. He said they're going crazy, he's lucky to have a TV with a few Foxtel channels but some of the people have no internet or TV and it's boring beyond belief.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yay I'm an under 40 getting my second AZ jab today, AMA

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

birdstrike posted:

when is Madge getting flicked?

I don't think we can afford to do it, we're pretty poo poo financially.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Eediot Jedi posted:

Would you say the AZ clotting was better or worse than a kfc double down?

Everything is worse than a double down because a double down is excellent

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Second AZ jab done. Arm's sore, but not dead. Calling it a win for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yay another 24 hours of lockdown for Brisbane and Moreton Bay