Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I'm not going to spam up the Best of the Year thread in case more stuff comes in, but Shibatar vs Hiroya is HM FOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm not going to spam up the Best of the Year thread in case more stuff comes in, but Shibatar vs Hiroya is HM FOTY

It certainly wasn’t boring.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It certainly wasn’t boring.

BAN PACHINKO

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
This one hasn't been bad, exactly, it's just suffering from the action and pace from the other bouts so far

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, this is the problem, bouts that are just kind of ordinarily good and well-balanced feel so fuckin' out of place on NYE specials

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ok THIS is NYE MMA

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

Ok THIS is NYE MMA

:hmmyes:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ulka Sasaki rules because his walkouts are rad. He also has a clothing line called Lazy God that's main mascot is a sloth with a crown of thorns

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Congrats to the Incredible Ulk

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guys intro music rules

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Children's muay thai, who says no??

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

Children's muay thai, who says no??

No one in Burma apparently

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

that were a mauling

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was kind of....brutal.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

place your bets on how much longer the intermission will go than the scheduled ~20 minutes

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/frittenpate/status/1344550370425643008?s=21

Also Jesus they start careers young in Thailand.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 31, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was the fastest most efficient intermission ever.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, that was relatively painless, although aren't there only four fights to intermission 2?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, that was relatively painless, although aren't there only four fights to intermission 2?

Correct and I’m not sure if I’m even sticking around past this one. It’s an awesome card, I’m just too old and tired. lol

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tokoro almost flew out the dang ring

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was a fantastic first round.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TOKORO!!!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I think I can go get some sleep after a fantastic match like that. Ota clearly has potential down the road.

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes
He did it bless him! When he came out crying that made me root for him immediately! 43!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man I guess I need to know what happened with Shib...oh poo poo also this fight.

Edit nah this is a good time to break

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/Barrelelapierna/status/1344562874564423684

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

slick darce

i hope my rizin compatriots are ok as they drift off to slumber

i shall try to remain strong, for how much longer, i know not

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
I am drinking a coffee, I think I can make it

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

another good sub!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was extremely smooth.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Welp, they suddenly bumped the intermission an extra 30 minutes longer, so that's it for basically everyone, I think

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

WE SHALL HOLD THE LINE

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

CarlCX posted:

Welp, they suddenly bumped the intermission an extra 30 minutes longer, so that's it for basically everyone, I think

Viva Australia

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I did not expect to hear loving Sigur Ros tonight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Hamasaki vs Yamamoto, let's freakin goooooooooooooo

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Watching live in Japan, they’re trying to make poo poo match up with the live TV broadcast. So if you were wondering why the intermissions were longer or shorter, there ya go.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Leg scissor choke!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Well that was kind of weird. Was the submission not on the arm but on the neck?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

LobsterMobster posted:

Leg scissor choke!

I was so confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse