Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm an old-rear end man so I doubt I'll make it the whole way through but I cannot miss JMMA NYE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

recasting Shinya Aoki as a national hero instead of a giant heel is impressive

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Just straight up using the Star Wars soundtrack

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

man the intro is like half the point of staying up for the show and it never disappoints

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

We need to donate a new headset for Frank.

Yeah, I know obviously they're working with suboptimal conditions but the english commentary audio is real bad on both sides.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Well, that was uncomfortable.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

scrappy wrestleboxer is still the strongest JMMA fighter-type

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

this is both amazing and tragic

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Is this a work?

I don't think it's a work, I think Hiroya's just outweighed by like 50 pounds and Shibatar is making him overreach out of anger

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If Minowa's retirement is contingent on if he's thinking enough he'll fight until he's 90

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well with that ending though.

I dunno, I think a draw is reasonable, Shibatar clearly won the first round and aside from the armbar Hiroya lit him up for basically the whole of the second.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, this is the problem, bouts that are just kind of ordinarily good and well-balanced feel so fuckin' out of place on NYE specials

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

place your bets on how much longer the intermission will go than the scheduled ~20 minutes

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, that was relatively painless, although aren't there only four fights to intermission 2?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was extremely smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Welp, they suddenly bumped the intermission an extra 30 minutes longer, so that's it for basically everyone, I think