Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

Bob has talked about a "hypothetical" all winners season so much that I expected him to be on there. But that might just mean All Winners 2 is already in the plans

I believe Bob was asked and turned it down. Their tone towards a winners season (and RuPaul) has been in a steady downward spiral over the last year, year and a half on Sibling Rivalry. Too bad imo, I would've loved to see Bob bouncing off Jinkx in acting challenges, and Monet in ... everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/maddymorphosis/status/1467640003123687428?s=21

I appreciate Maddy’s statement a lot.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

The fact that this statement needed to be made in the first place is sad, but I appreciate her statement and the message it puts across. I hope the editing doesn't tokenise her or make her unbearable because I can totally see that happening. She definitely seems like a great ally.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Maddy seems like a good egg and I am looking forward to see what they bring. Their fellow castmates seem to love them.

Basically this (stolen from Reddit):

quote:

Yeah I do find it hilarious that people are calling Rupaul's "nothing you say matters unless that camera is rolling" Drag Race a safe space. Rupaul is an rear end in a top hat. The fans are racist. The queens fight and insult each other. Have the people calling it a safe space even seen the show?

I am in love with Angeria. :allears: Willow's promo look is very cute!

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 6, 2021

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Well, this given me another reason why my ex is garbage. They’ve been going off about how drag needs to be gatekept from cis people.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I feel like at this point, there's probably been more "contestants that started drag identifying as cis but realized they're actually non-binary" than there has been "contestants who continue to identify as a cis man".

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Dugong posted:

Well, this given me another reason why my ex is garbage. They’ve been going off about how drag needs to be gatekept from cis people.

Cis people, as in 90% of the people who have ever been on Drag Race? Or cis straight people?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I just found the memorial service for Chi Chi on Youtube, and made the mistake of watching it at work. :'(

I miss that queen, y'all. :smith: I wish I had gotten to see her light up that stage one day.

A celebrity death hadn't affected me like that since Amy Winehouse.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My only thought is if he does a "omg im such a little dumb whore slut" character that sure is gonna hit different coming from a cis male

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Eej posted:

My only thought is if he does a "omg im such a little dumb whore slut" character that sure is gonna hit different coming from a cis male

Yeah, I don't care for Michelle Visage, but some of "OMG SHE'S JUST A DUMB WHORE WHO LOVES DICK" poo poo (mainly from the earlier seasons) just makes me roll my eyes and wait for it to be over. It hits different coming from Rupaul (they've been friends for god knows how long) than it does a random contestant going for the cheapest (:haw:) laughs. At least they've severely cut back/out on the "MICHELLE IS ACTUALLY A MAN" jokes!

Now we just need to retire queens referring to their drag characters as "lesbians" (or at least until actual lesbians are more welcome in the fandom).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dragula: TO BE CONTINUED????????????????? YOU MONSTERS :woop::argh::woop:

Also, I'm glad I don't have a phobia related to this episode because that could be a rough one for some people.

e: I need to splice Sigourney's puppet's head turn into the "WHY DOES SISTER HAVE AN AXE???" gif.

e2: That's one way to get me to watch the Reunion episode, I guess.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 7, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Dragula: Hoso, Sigourney, and Saint for my top three, but it looks like the former or the latter are going home. Boo!.

This top four is so goddamn attractive. My bi heart can't take this.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Nihonniboku posted:

Cis people, as in 90% of the people who have ever been on Drag Race? Or cis straight people?

Whoops, missed an important part out there. Cis straight.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I don't think I've ever seen this much debate over the top 4 of Dragula, or at least compared to S3. I've seen equal numbers of "I just don't get the hype about _______, like they're cool, but Top 4?" for all four of 'em.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow. loving highway robbery.

$300 :canada: to get a photo with Trixie and Katya on their upcoming tour. gently caress that poo poo. That's on top of the $90 ticket (which I got) but jesus. I was willing to go $100, maybe $150 MAX - but not double.

anyoldactress
Apr 7, 2009

Have you seen my pants? They're also very important

Read After Burning posted:

Dragula: Hoso, Sigourney, and Saint for my top three, but it looks like the former or the latter are going home. Boo!.

This top four is so goddamn attractive. My bi heart can't take this.

I really hope they'll just stick with a top 4 final but I'll be happy either way because all of them are great. I do hope Sigourney gets to go on the tour so I can swoon over her during the meet and greet.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vintersorg posted:

Wow. loving highway robbery.

$300 :canada: to get a photo with Trixie and Katya on their upcoming tour. gently caress that poo poo. That's on top of the $90 ticket (which I got) but jesus. I was willing to go $100, maybe $150 MAX - but not double.

I don't know, that actually seems reasonable to me. Trixie and Katya are extremely popular. I know they're coming to the Lincoln Theater here in DC, which has a seating capacity of 1225 people. If assuming everyone who bought a ticket wants a photo at a meet and greet, and assuming everything goes smoothly and perfectly and it only takes 30 seconds per person, you're looking at about a 10 hour meet and greet where Trixie and Katya are in full drag meeting over a thousand strangers one by one. That's loving exhausting. But we also know that isn't going to take only 30 seconds per person. People will get nervous and stumble, or they won't have their camera ready when they hand their phone to the tour manager or whatever, or they spend a little too long fangirling.

So they need to set a price that will limit the number of people going, and to make it worth their while. Sure, they could set a hard number (maybe they do) and make it first come first serve, or lottery based, but then I feel like you're going to get fans upset that other people got it first, maybe even scalpers.

So, I think $300 is reasonable. Even if only 100 people buy the meet and greet tickets, that earns them each about $15,000 each pre taxes. Pretty good gig actually. If they can get that much money, then good for them.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dragula Season 5 is a go!

https://deadline.com/2021/12/dragula-renewed-season-5-shudder-boulet-brothers-1234885730/

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Here's an image to show how much Drag Race we're getting next year, looks like between 12-16 different seasons.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

Here's an image to show how much Drag Race we're getting next year, looks like between 12-16 different seasons.

Yeah, I saw that earlier. :psyboom:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Drag will never be mainstream

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

it's like a Nintendo console launch lineup

drat the Phillipines logo is the best too, lookit that flair

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

So the rumored "All-Winners"season and the rumored "All Stars International" are both real? Huh. For some reason I assumed they were kinda-ish the same thing.

I'm looking forward to the latter!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

So the rumored "All-Winners"season and the rumored "All Stars International" are both real? Huh. For some reason I assumed they were kinda-ish the same thing.

I'm looking forward to the latter!

I don't know if this an official official list, commentary when the IMHO team posted about this today was that it was a collection of all the rumored series based on taping info/etc. I wouldn't be surprised at most of this happening, but omg it's toooooooooooooooo much.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Mama Ru is looking to secure her retirement.

Speaking of, should Ru retire before Drag Race ends, who would be a worthy successor as host? Bianca? Alaska?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Speaking of, should Ru retire before Drag Race ends, who would be a worthy successor as host? Bianca? Alaska?

Alaska is probably my second pick, but I vote Asia O'Hara!

(I know it was part of the joke of accidentally getting slapped by Ru, but I genuinely want her to host. She does great hosting the Werq the World tour, although I know "hosting a drag show" is different from "hosting a TV show".)

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 9, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Trixie doing her Snatch Game impression of Ru

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bit narcissistic to call the international Drag Race "UK vs The World", don't you think :rolleyes:

Re: who can replace Ru, Trixie probably has the strongest brand name out of everyone so I genuinely think she's the natural choice for the show's host/face. Accompanied by Bob as the "performance" judge and Violet as the "fashion" judge.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

This season's Dragula cast has NO qualms about calling out messy fans, and I love it.

Fun fact: the vast majority of RPDR/Dragula contestants DO NOT see "tearing down the other competitors" as "support", and the ones that DO have to pretend not to (for "optics" and to avoid bad PR). How about instead of posting "You should have won, [winner]'s outfit sucked", you comment "I was hoping you'd win, I thought your outfit was the best!" Same thing with Maddy on the upcoming S14. These people will post hateful comments like "THIS CIS-HET STOLE A SPOT FROM A POC/TRANS COMPETITOR!", while not giving a single loving peep of support for Kerri or Kornbread!

(I know most everyone in this thread probably already knows this! I'm just frustrated because I'm seeing this a lot more lately, and ranting feels good. :colbert:)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Alaska is probably my second pick, but I vote Asia O'Hara!

(I know it was part of the joke of accidentally getting slapped by Ru, but I genuinely want her to host. She does great hosting the Werq the World tour, although I know "hosting a drag show" is different from "hosting a TV show".)

I unfortunately watched RuPaul's Vegas Revue, and Asia was shown to be extremely petty, stubborn, did not work well with the other ladies, and prone to tantrums. Maybe there was something else going on there at the time.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Mama Ru is looking to secure her retirement.

I actually think Shangela is one of very few queens with the range necessary to host successfully. She can walk the funny/supportive/educational line while still being likable. That’s tough.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I say let the three We're Here hosts take over the hosting job.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Four hosts, each of which exemplifies one of charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. So we just gotta figure out how to clone Monique 3 times.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

🎶”Too much drag race, let’s Ru this poo poo, Ru this poo poo into the grooooound”🎶

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

I would love Shea to take over for Ru. I think Shangela absolutely has the range to do it as well. I 100% think it's going to be Trixie though, since she appears to becoming more and more present in everything Drag Race. Why couldn't it have been Katya instead?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

New trailer ft. guest judges, confessionals, and lerks (some serves, you might even say straight serves)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

TEAM ANGERIA, TEAM ANGERIA, TEAM ANGERIA. I'm a sucker for a Southern queen, and lord, that accent is like honey. :allears:

Taraji P. Henson as a guest judge! :D And I want TS Madison to judge every single goddamn episode.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Whoever's wearing the "Angle" shirt is already my fave. Willow?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Is that Maddywith the decapitated head look??! Bitch!!!!!

(Not sure if we need to use spoilers for a trailer, but I'll keep doing so until someone tells me to stop. :P)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

(Not sure if we need to use spoilers for a trailer, but I'll keep doing so until someone tells me to stop. :P)

Trailers are technically spoilers, so keep it up. :)