Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Read After Burning posted:

Is that Maddywith the decapitated head look??! Bitch!!!!!

I really hope it has a giant skirt portion and she's crawling down the runway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Pinwiz11 posted:

Trailers are technically spoilers, so keep it up. :)

Will do, I always like to err on the side of caution. :)

I'm almost kinda dreading the Dragula reunion, if only because the first half of this season was so mean and nasty.

Who do y'all want to win?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I'm almost kinda dreading the Dragula reunion, if only because the first half of this season was so mean and nasty.

Who do y'all want to win?

I’d be fine with any of them winning, and it would be extremely meaningful for anyone who does. a Black, Asian, or AFAB performer would be really powerful for their communities to see, and while Dahli is a white cis man, his story of pulling himself out of really dark situations and getting through mental health issues is also important to represent.

…I want all of them to win and love them all so dearly aaaaaargh loving hell

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

dahli is black but passes white, there’s a whole bit on resurrection about it

this season of dragula was close to my favourite season of drag anything ever. I’d be happy with any of them winning because they were all serve machines and cool people besides but I’m of the opinion that dahli exhibited range and maturity beyond his peers and managed to embody the three tenets of dragula. anything could happen at the final floor show though…

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, I was gonna say, I definitely remember Dahli mentioning that they were multiracial.

Dahli is Mx. Congeniality of the season. :) Seems like such a warm, genuine, mature person. Their drag just excites me the least of the current top 4, although the mug for the ghost ship look was :stwoon:

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I love all of the Dragula top 4 and would be happy with any of them winning. Also Zavaleta tbh, wish no one had to be cut that episode either. Even though by this point in the season I usually like most/all the contestants, I have never felt that way on a previous season. Always there's someone who felt like they were most deserving. Right now it's so hard to pick a favorite.

The last episode was an absolute blast. I've got to call it out: Coco in that demented clown whore look, dancing with the flags! Amazing! love her so much

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Giggling madly at these Hoso tweets while at work...thankfully no one else is in the office right now. I don't wanna explain this to the straights. :colbert:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I had missed Dahli talking about his background, gently caress! Erasure was totally unintended 😫

…but that makes this top 4 even *more* meaningful on so many levels, holy poo poo

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

Re: who can replace Ru, Trixie probably has the strongest brand name out of everyone so I genuinely think she's the natural choice for the show's host/face. Accompanied by Bob as the "performance" judge and Violet as the "fashion" judge.
I would love that line-up, honestly.

gandlethorpe posted:

Four hosts, each of which exemplifies one of charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. So we just gotta figure out how to clone Monique 3 times.
Never mind, changing my answer.

For real though, if it went to a singular queen I would hope for Alaska. She is a DR superfan, she is a drag superfan, she is a pageant superfan. Whereas many of the other queens I'd like to see in the role would do it well, it would bring Alaska the most joy. and that matters!

Re. Season 14 casting, I am 100% team Kornbread. Going in mostly blind, I saw some old youtube skits but whatever. The everything she brought to the MTQ is exactly the vibe I love.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 11, 2021

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
Did anyone else watch Canada’s Drag Race this week?

I don’t really think Pythia won that lip sync against Gia, but once Kendall won the first one I knew there was no way that they’d leave Icesis and Pythia out of the top 3, so Gia was destined to be sent home

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Canada:

I was surprised to see Gia go home, but I'm not sure it matters who the 3rd queen is in this top 3. I'm stanning Icesis but honestly it could go either way, I think; Pythia is amazing too. I like Kendall but I don't think this is her moment. I think the whole cast has been very strong and the season seemed to fly by.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
So we’ve got wow presents ploos and we figured we might as well check out drag race Italia.

What the gently caress is going on in Italy.
I think 100% of the jokes are lost in translation.
People are either crying or screaming. In the first episode there’s a huge fight in untucked because someone said “No”.
The editing is super weird. Important moments, like the runway theme, is skipped over and instead there’s 3 minutes of the hosts getting sidetracked.
For the tops and bottoms they only call out four people, and then don’t have any chats with them, they just send them straight to untucked, so there’s no wondering of who wins or who’ll lipsync.
The runways are edited like a 2000’s mtv clip. Super quick edits, tons of weird light flashes, splitscreen like a game of Mario Kart. It’s impossible to get a good look at the fashion.

The only thing I’m really enjoying is the pit crew and Priscilla out of drag (for the same reasons), the lipsync songs are dope, and some of the runway looks are pretty good.

Edit: And the next episode preview pretty much spoils the entire episode.

czg fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 11, 2021

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Italia is insane. It feels like they have no idea how to tell coherent stories through reality tv editing. Utter nonsense. It’s great.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
I mean they had a ready template. Just take the original show and swap out the judges. Sprinkle in some local references.
Instead it’s like watching a drag race parody.

And even more, the lighting in the untucked room is hateful, homophobic, and horrible. Every single pore and blemish gleaming like a lighthouse in the night.

E: This episode is 1 hour 40 minutes long I am losing my loving mind here :psyduck:

czg fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 11, 2021

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it sounds like it's the Most Drag Race, which has gotta count for something

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

Here's an image to show how much Drag Race we're getting next year, looks like between 12-16 different seasons.

On the one hand this is a scary image. The thought of this much TV to watch is genuinely intimidating.

On the other hand, Drag Race Thailand is coming back!? I'm so happy! :neckbeard:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dragula: WOO TOP 4 FINALE :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

The Boulets are absolute perfection and I love how “we’re going to take a break” isn’t to go to commercials, it’s literally just taking a break from being serious and everyone goofing off.

edited to add:

https://twitter.com/amatorah/status/1470554069638914049?s=21

that would be hilarious and there’s the bonus of the Boulets, everyone in production, and the AEW talent themselves making it way safer than that debacle on drag race S4

and hell, one of AEW’s wrestlers is already Dragula-tier

https://twitter.com/abadon_aew/status/1439714581342040070?s=10

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 14, 2021

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
About that last trailer for Season 17:

Either they're doing two different groups to start with and Lizzo is the first guest or they just showed the final 7. Going with the first one, but how much would it suck to be in the group that doesn't get to meet her?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

KasioDiscoRock posted:

Did anyone else watch Canada’s Drag Race this week?

I don’t really think Pythia won that lip sync against Gia, but once Kendall won the first one I knew there was no way that they’d leave Icesis and Pythia out of the top 3, so Gia was destined to be sent home

The lip sync tournament would’ve been such a serve if it wasn’t RuPaul songs. I think it probably hurt Pythia's chances but I still think she won over Gia. If Icesis wins then lip syncs seem to be the secret to winning Canada.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Flyinglemur posted:

Either they're doing two different groups to start with and Lizzo is the first guest or they just showed the final 7. Going with the first one, but how much would it suck to be in the group that doesn't get to meet her?

They did this once before when half the queens got to meet Robyn and the other half got Nicki Minaj :shrug:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

This Dragula reunion was somehow both messy and wholesome.

STAN KOCO CAINE.

Flyinglemur posted:

Poulpe posted:

They did this once before when half the queens got to meet Robyn and the other half got Nicki Minaj :shrug:

Season 6, too. I mean, I woulda been pissed if I had to meet Khloe Kardashian instead of Adam Lambert. :P

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

This Dragula reunion was somehow both messy and wholesome.

STAN KOCO CAINE.

Season 6, too. I mean, I woulda been pissed if I had to meet Khloe Kardashian instead of Adam Lambert. :P

Ha, yeah.
You can tell the producers are still struggling to solve the "There's like 15 queens and nobody knows who anybody is on episode 1" problem.
IIRC people aren't crazy about the half and half thing either, and god knows "the porkchop" thing last season was dreadful.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Dragula reunion: I completely missed this last night, thank you to Reddit for pointing it out.

Zavaleta going "We love you, Jade" while doing the classic Jade pose.

:allears:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Poulpe posted:

Ha, yeah.
You can tell the producers are still struggling to solve the "There's like 15 queens and nobody knows who anybody is on episode 1" problem.
IIRC people aren't crazy about the half and half thing either, and god knows "the porkchop" thing last season was dreadful.

God the loving porkchop. What really drove that home as being awful was the constant repeating of EVERY SINGLE BEAT. They could have alleviated that by simply introducing 4 queens at once and doing a lipsync tourney or something, or still bringing them in by twos except they enter on the main stage, winner is whisked away to the workroom to kiki with the other queens who won and speculate, and the losers also get that in the porkchop lounge. Literally ANYTHING to break the monotony of having 7 consecutive mini episodes where the punchline was always a squealing pig.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

MizuZero posted:

If I had to call a Dragula S4 top 3 right now, it’d be Hoso, Dahli, and Saint, but I think they’re going to be scrutinizing the latter two much harder given their returning player status. Sigourney’d be my fourth place pick.

wow a correct finale guess, maybe this makes up for my “astinna will top 4” and “utica will come out of s13 with a sizable fanbase” suppositions also in this thread

I’m so excited for the dragula finale. Getting to see these performers especially serving three looks apiece is going to make for some great television. It and canada (which the partner and I are sleepwalking through out of misguided national pride) are ending in the same week and I’ll be glad to be drag tv free for a few months

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

While watching Drag Race (and Dragula even more so), my partner and I sometimes go "Ooh, if I got to do this runway, I would do...." Do y'all do that, and if so, what are some ones you would have loved to take a shot at?

For Dragula's "horror icons reimagined", I would wanna play off the whole "The B in LGBT stands for Babadook" meme and do a sort of "bisexual 1910/20s female dandy" (think Marlene Dietrich) thing.

Edit: Ha!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXhHe39BKRd/?utm_medium=copy_link

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 16, 2021

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Canada crowns a winner tonight! Rooting for Icesis but would not be at all upset if Pythia got it. This season seemed to fly by; is it just me?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I was Team Pythia, but those lipsyncs were.....oof.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I love Priyanka's look

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Not Canada having a better take on talk to a picture of yourself than the main series ever did.

Also, drat, Suki and Stephanie would've eaten up the runway had they gotten to stay longer.

Overall pretty enjoyable finale, for a deserving season. Most seasons I have it play in the background until the challenge. This time I only did that during the rehearsal scenes.

I really hope the uncut final lip sync was for the whole song, rofl

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
DRCAN: Pretty good winner, although I thought Pythia had the best runway and final lipsync. Alright season, but nothing really memorable imo.

DR Italia: 42 minutes into the episode the snatch game actually begins. Before that we’ve seen every excruciating second of the contestants doing the mini challenge (DRS5 did the same challenge in 4 minutes, here it takes 22 minutes), and just chitchatting with the hosts.
For some reason there is a professional comedian at the snatch game who just sits off to the side and interrupts whenever they want.
The snatch game is completely unedited. I unfortunately don’t know any of the celebrities so I don’t get most of the references, but I have a few chuckles. Everyone there is laughing their asses off though, so I’m sure it’s hilarious!
This fighting business. Holy poo poo. This drama. This is such an absolute clusterfuck. There’s a written message about how they couldn’t show all the fighting because it was so intense?!? What we get to see is already wild, so I can only imagine…
After 1hr 10mins we finally get to the runway. There’s 26 minutes to go.

This show is produced and edited so badly it is beyond comprehension.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I saw someone on Reddit say that some of the DR Italy episodes are censored due to "blasphemy". Can any Italian goons (or those in the know) confirm this? Is that a broadcasting rule in Italy, or is some kinda Italian meme going over my head?

(:patriot:)

I learned a bit about BBC (:wiggle:) broadcasting rules due to DR UK. :kiddo:

czg posted:

DRCAN: Pretty good winner, although I thought Pythia had the best runway and final lipsync. Alright season, but nothing really memorable imo.

Heavy agree on the runway, heavy disagree on the lipsync.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

We need to talk about Priyanka! In the DRCAN final last night, Priyanka (S1 winner) did individual photoshoots with the top 3 wearing a black leather bodysuit covered with her name, and this little surprise:

(Alyssa did a video where she kept calling her "Peronka")

Then prior to the crowning, she came out in this:

She popped the arms out after she got to the front of the stage; I think Adrianna's face says it all.

Icesis and Pythia looked amazing in their finale looks (still looking for good photos). Kendall...made a choice, I guess.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Drimble Wedge posted:

We need to talk about Priyanka! In the DRCAN final last night, Priyanka (S1 winner) did individual photoshoots with the top 3 wearing a black leather bodysuit covered with her name, and this little surprise:

(Alyssa did a video where she kept calling her "Peronka")

Then prior to the crowning, she came out in this:

She popped the arms out after she got to the front of the stage; I think Adrianna's face says it all.

Icesis and Pythia looked amazing in their finale looks (still looking for good photos). Kendall...made a choice, I guess.

Priyanka was stunning the whole episode through!

Her finale look was so stunning and then the Ganesha arms came out and I was just full on gay clapping at the TV.

Super happy with the winner! Actually turned out to be a fun season, in comparison to DRUK.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

zero cap I checked out of the season when stephanie and suki got eliminated back-to-back but the drcan top queens were all great in one way or another and the winner certainly earned it

my main wish for future seasons of the show is for the core judges to intrinsically be more likeable. Hytes/Goreski/Bruegel/Melchor aren’t doing it for me. I legit preferred the s1 panel. Give Priyanka a seat, get that one guy who played the vet in Schitt’s Creek, I wouldn’t mind if all four got swapped

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Honestly I was a bit bored by DRC2 overall. The challenges weren’t great.

The clown musical was.. weird. ‘Bye Flop’ was more filler. Things were just pretty predictable. At this point Snatch Game feels like a challenge to endure.

The highlights for me were Brooke Lynne’s outfits. The Inner Saboteur Mini-challenge & the Prom Makeover. Oh and Pythia’s centaur look.

It was pretty clear by the halfway point who was going to win which took a heap of tension away. Especially the reunion lip synch. Wth was that.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

MizuZero posted:

zero cap I checked out of the season when stephanie and suki got eliminated back-to-back but the drcan top queens were all great in one way or another and the winner certainly earned it

my main wish for future seasons of the show is for the core judges to intrinsically be more likeable. Hytes/Goreski/Bruegel/Melchor aren’t doing it for me. I legit preferred the s1 panel. Give Priyanka a seat, get that one guy who played the vet in Schitt’s Creek, I wouldn’t mind if all four got swapped

I agree the judging panel needs some rework. I think the show benefits when the panel has more energy and Brooke,Amanda, and Traci are all too low key. Brad was fine but not great.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

garthoneeye posted:

I agree the judging panel needs some rework. I think the show benefits when the panel has more energy and Brooke,Amanda, and Traci are all too low key. Brad was fine but not great.

I do like that they get into the lipsyncs instead of sitting silently and stone faced like on the main show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Should have just given it to Priyanka again.