Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

it seems to me that the point of this lovely format was to get people talking about the show, not to be entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

It wasn't a neutral comment, Nina was implying that Gottmik has an unfair advantage because she's a trans man and therefore doesn't have to tuck or pad. Which... a) bottom surgery is a thing, so maybe she does? idk and b) lol there have been a lot of cis men on the show who have a very similar physique to Gottmik and she obviously does need to pad to get drag curves. It's not, like, the worst possible transphobia but it's still kinda lovely and I can imagine if she's got a history of saying poo poo like this why it'd get her in trouble.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Phew, not what I was saying at all. All kinds of born-male queens rely on body, my opinion had nothing to do with the way Gottmik was born and built. I just want to see more.

ETA: well sure, it had to do with Gottmik's confidence level, and it's pretty huge that they were cast here. Nobody's arguing that Gottmik ain't got the C.U.N. and T.
FWIW obv I don't speak for all trans people but I agreed hard with everything in your post and didn't think it was transphobic at all. :shrug:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

fadam posted:

Rose looked like absolute poo poo lol, what an incredible dodge for Tina.
Yeah seriously, my husband was only half-watching and asked why she had a gold unibrow because of that highlighter lol

I really thought Mik was gonna get read for that flailing gangsta runway walk but oh well. Add that to the list of bullshit, hope Denali scores a Robbery Victim slot on All Stars.

At least the winners were correct.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Yeah, that's my bad. Edited the post to reflect and clarify.
Not to belabor it but since I know you mean well, you may also want to correct your other post. Gottmik is a trans man, not a trans woman.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Read After Burning posted:

(Apologies, don't know if "post-transition" or "transitioned" are a correct term...they seem "off", particularly the latter, but not sure of a better phrasing.)
Both are perfectly acceptable, post-transition is a little more common though. :)