Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

alright cool

i should probably work on getting some isk some other way first because lmao i only have like 300k

whats your character name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rutibex posted:

whats your character name?

hbag

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

hbag posted:

right now im stuck looking at the character creation screen and googling poo poo because i have no idea if it actually matters at all what starting empire i enlist with or if its just flavour

It doesnt. Choose your character according to who you think looks cool. They all start with badic skills and it will take about 2h to learn the skills of the race you wanna fly.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

If i think about it tonight ill send you some isk and some junk you can sell.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:cheers:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Dalael posted:

If i think about it tonight ill send you some isk and some junk you can sell.

dope

dope

added you to my contacts too

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

my skills train even when im not signed in right

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yep as long as you have hit the free account cap and you have poo poo in the skill queue it’ll level

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I love hearing about this crazy game.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

hell astro course posted:

I love hearing about this crazy game.

Make an alpha account and come shoot pubbies with us. Itll cost you nothing and if you dont like it you lost nothing.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
only precious irreplacable time :(

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Supreme Allah posted:

only precious irreplacable time :(

What else am I gonna do? Have kids? Write the great American novel? gently caress it might as well smoke weed and play Eve while my partner knits and we catch up on British pottery based reality shows before the world literally ends lol.

Rutibex posted:

goonwaffe is specifically set up for filthy casuals. normally people have to "participate" at least once a month to be in goonswarm. but this doesn't apply to actual SomethingAwful forums members

I have a character with 2.5 million skill points, and a few hundred million worth of assets. Should I try to get this character reorganized or just make a whole new one for this? Sorry for all the questions I just barely remember how this game works

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PinheadSlim posted:

I have a character with 2.5 million skill points, and a few hundred million worth of assets. Should I try to get this character reorganized or just make a whole new one for this? Sorry for all the questions I just barely remember how this game works

older characters have more space honor

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

PinheadSlim posted:

What else am I gonna do? Have kids? Write the great American novel? gently caress it might as well smoke weed and play Eve while my partner knits and we catch up on British pottery based reality shows before the world literally ends lol.

The 2.5 million sp is good and shouldnt be wasted unless you really hosed that up.
Regarding your networth (isk, ships & others) absolutely do not worry about it if you plan on joining goons. You will most likely be give hundreds of millions within your first days, billions if you're a cute newbie like Phlegmish was. Heck he's now a vet but he's still hella cute.

If you decide to create a new account for whatever reason, ask for a referral link before you do so. It will at least start you with 1m sp which is nothing to balk at

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

should i not be setting all my trade ranges to "region" or is there another reason that all the trades i can see apart from mine are just set to "station"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

should i not be setting all my trade ranges to "region" or is there another reason that all the trades i can see apart from mine are just set to "station"

there is only one main station that all trading is done in the alliance. don't buy things in other places unless you want to become a space trucker in an active war zone

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rutibex posted:

there is only one main station that all trading is done in the alliance. don't buy things in other places unless you want to become a space trucker in an active war zone

fair enough
i have no idea if the station youre talking about is the station im at so uhhh pm me i guess since i figure we dont want literally everyone knowing

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Rutibex posted:

older characters have more space honor

2007/2008 evedude haver checking in.

Can you transfer characters between your own accounts for free? I have an old dude I want to put on a third account but he's currently a second character on my first account.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

fair enough
i have no idea if the station youre talking about is the station im at so uhhh pm me i guess since i figure we dont want literally everyone knowing

its "1DQ1-A - 1-st Imperial Palace". don't worry our enemies know which one it is, its the one they never attacked :smug:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rutibex posted:

its "1DQ1-A - 1-st Imperial Palace". don't worry our enemies know which one it is, its the one they never attacked :smug:

oh lit im already there
im already doing pretty well i think, managed to buy some poo poo and ive got it back up on the market for 10x as much - which is below average

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I had a character training battleship 5 in 2009, haven't logged him in since.

All those un queued skill points are tossed into the ether, right?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

oh lit im already there
im already doing pretty well i think, managed to buy some poo poo and ive got it back up on the market for 10x as much - which is below average

:hmmyes:
low level stuff you can get insane margins

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

2007/2008 evedude haver checking in.

Can you transfer characters between your own accounts for free? I have an old dude I want to put on a third account but he's currently a second character on my first account.

Transfers cost you 20bux

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Also someone wanna explain relisting so Atrum doesn't smack him for goonfucking?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

trying to decide if its more efficient to have the game muted in the background or to just keep closing and re-opening it

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

hbag posted:

fair enough

Your best bet is to join the alliance, set your clone to 1dq and then self-destruct your pod. You will be buying most of your stuff in 1DQ1-A.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Dalael posted:

Your best bet is to join the alliance, set your clone to 1dq and then self-destruct your pod. You will be buying most of your stuff in 1DQ1-A.

yes im already there if you read the other posts

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

hbag posted:

yes im already there if you read the other posts

Just got to it now.

MRC48B posted:

Also someone wanna explain relisting so Atrum doesn't smack him for goonfucking?

This is important to note. Do not buy poo poo in 1dq and then list it back for a higher price. You can import stuff and sell it at the price you want, but do not buy Goon stuff to resell to other goons for more.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ah poo poo aight

yeah in hindsight that makes sense

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

welp now i gotta find somewhere to offload all the poo poo i bought
rutibex's post didnt really specify that i shouldve been buying and selling in 2 different places which yeah kinda makes sense now that i think about it lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

This is important to note. Do not buy poo poo in 1dq and then list it back for a higher price. You can import stuff and sell it at the price you want, but do not buy Goon stuff to resell to other goons for more.

this is not what relisting means. you can set up buy orders and wait for people to sell you inventory and then and sell things back to goons in 1DQ. that is providing a service

it is goon loving if you buy all of the modules available for sale and relist them at a higher price. using money to create an artificial monopoly is not allowed. being a used car salesman for old spaceships is

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've been away for a long time, does that rule apply only to buying and relisting stuff on sell orders and contracts, or are buy orders collecting spread from the impatient also verboten?

E: lol too slow thanks for reading my mind rutibex

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

welp now i gotta find somewhere to offload all the poo poo i bought
rutibex's post didnt really specify that i shouldve been buying and selling in 2 different places which yeah kinda makes sense now that i think about it lol

he is wrong, setting up buy orders is fine. its only goon loving when you buy everything from the sell orders and relist it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rutibex posted:

this is not what relisting means. you can set up buy orders and wait for people to sell you inventory and then and sell things back to goons in 1DQ. that is providing a service

it is goon loving if you buy all of the modules available for sale and relist them at a higher price. using money to create an artificial monopoly is not allowed. being a used car salesman for old spaceships is

oh
so me buying SOME poo poo (like a fuckin handful, 5-10 of something like armor hardeners) and then selling them back marked up is fine?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Rutibex posted:

being a used car salesman for old spaceships is

Above literally all of the insane war and espionage stories I've heard about Eve this is the most enticing sentence I've ever read.

*Slaps top of Rifter* this baby'll take you all the way to hell and back and the best part is if it blows up I'll sell you another one for whatever change is in your pocket!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hbag posted:

oh
so me buying SOME poo poo (like a fuckin handful, 5-10 of something like armor hardeners) and then selling them back marked up is fine?

There are two kinds of orders, buy orders and sell orders. Sell orders are when you have the thing and say "I'll sell you this thing for 10,000 spacebux" and it sits there until somebody buys it.

Buy orders are when you have spacebux and say "I'll pay 9,000 spacebux for each unit of this thing up to 100 units" and then it sits there until somebody sells you 100 units.

People who buy off sell orders are looking for that specific item for a reason, and people who sell into buy orders just want spacebux for whatever they looted while they were out of the station, exploit the difference between those motives accordingly.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

shame on an IGA posted:

There are two kinds of orders, buy orders and sell orders. Sell orders are when you have the thing and say "I'll sell you this thing for 10,000 spacebux" and it sits there until somebody buys it.

Buy orders are when you have spacebux and say "I'll pay 9,000 spacebux for each unit of this thing up to 100 units" and then it sits there until somebody sells you 100 units.

People who buy off sell orders are looking for that specific item for a reason, and people who sell into buy orders just want spacebux for whatever they looted while they were out of the station, exploit the difference between those motives accordingly.

yeah, figured it kinda worked something like that, just wanted to make sure

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

the guy in the suit seems so cool I hope he's nice

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

That's pretty much what I meant, I should have been more specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

MRC48B posted:

Transfers cost you 20bux

Hell yeah, my joe exotic lookin' trade alt is about to get transferred to a steam bundle account.