Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Oh God, who made everything at the beginning, who is ever gracious, and whose name is Jesus Christ. I beg to be your vessel for your love in this world, oh God, so that my posts may be bangers that work your will on this site.

I ask that you post your holy angels around us so that our mind may be enlightened and our accounts protected.

Wash us clean in your precious blood so that our internet sins might be forgiven and we may know peace with our heavenly Father in digital heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Orbs posted:

Here's a secret spell to summon a succubus, just for this thread: embark on a journey of self discovery and improvement, such that at the end, you have made yourself attractive enough to potential partners that the succubus will choose to be with you. Use it wisely.

Hey now maybe the succubus could have incredibly terrible taste in men

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hey now maybe the succubus could have incredibly terrible taste in men
Possible but I wouldn't count on it. Most have the experience to see right through men and their games.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

polycritical posted:

The lvl ii card diviner vs the lvl iii dice diviner
Inspired by this and the idea of D&D Tarot cards, I did a ritual today that uses a method I haven't used for a month or two, using dice rolls to determine what cards to draw. For this, I asked "In the names of the celestial bodies, what will our posting destinies be on something awful/this thread?"

The Star (17, Hope, faith, purpose, renewal, spirituality)
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of the stars makes me dream.” – Vincent van Gogh

The Magician (1, Manifestation, resourcefulness, power, inspired action)
“Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.” – Albert Einstein

Temperance (14, Balance, moderation, patience, purpose)
“If the person you are talking to does not appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” – Winnie the Pooh

Temperance + Star are a particularly potent combination to roll together. They mean that artistic inspiration and creative expression, leading to greater self-awareness, are on their way.

In other words, we have the holy power to manifest our dreams, with a combination of luck, intuition, intention, and patience. Blessings.

The dice/cards also declare that big tiddy goth succubi will come hang out with those who prove themselves worthy of their attention.

Each of the dice also represents/is influenced by a different deity or spirit I do rituals with (for example, the deity associated with the Blue die is obsessed with the Temperance card and decided to roll it for like the third ritual in a row). No worries though, all of them are pretty chill and definitely not demons. (I double-checked before posting)

Orbs has issued a correction as of 01:09 on Apr 10, 2024

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Trash Ops posted:

i need to be sucked off immediately how do i summon succcubus

quoting for visibility

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

nice yarrow stalks, idiot

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Trash Ops posted:

i need to be sucked off immediately how do i summon succcubus

I've found you an excellent method for casting out demons, in the name of fan favorite deity Jesus the Christ to help keep mainstream practitioners comfortable. So now all you need to do is find someone who is currently possessed by a succubus spirit, exorcise them, and then I guess recapture and/or strike a consensual deal with the newly manifest succubus entity, for fellatio. Then you should be all set.

www.coptic-magic.phil.uni-wuerzburg.de/index.php/2019/09/20/old-coptic-magical-texts-iv-the-bilingual-exorcism-of-pgm-iv posted:

This composite recipe features ritual instructions and invocations in the Greek language, as well as one section written in the Egyptian-Coptic language that makes use of an innovative Old Coptic script. Unlike the other Egyptian-Coptic language sections of the codex, it is principally the Greek script, with only the letter kjima (ϭ) derived from demotic. Because of all the other bilingual practices in this codex, there is no doubt that the owner of this codex was an Egyptian-Greek bilingual and was presumably able to read various different Old Coptic scripts, such as those seen in the previous posts in this series. However, this text was almost certainly copied from another manuscript, and suggesting that there were Egyptian-Coptic language texts that were also written in only the Greek script, in addition to those which used Old Coptic scripts. This would itself then suggest that someone literate in the Greek script, but not in demotic or (Old) Coptic, would have been able to vocalise the sounds of the Egyptian-Coptic text, just as, say, a modern anglophone might transliterate an Arabic text into Latin script.

The practice is titled an “excellent method to cast out demons” and instructs, in Greek, that a formula is to be spoken over the head of the possessed person. First and foremost, the practitioner must place olive branches before that person, six of which are later specified to be tied into loops, the seventh is to be used as a whip as the invocations are recited. Then the practitioner must stand before the possessed person and recite the following invocation in Egyptian-Coptic (1231-1235):

quote:

“Hail God of Abraham! Hail God of Isaac! Hail God of Jacob! Jesus the Khrēstos, the Holy Spirit, Son of the Father, who is in the upper-part of the seven and who is in the inner-part of the seven: Bring Iaō Sabaōth!
Let your (pl.) power emanate from so-and-so, until you cast out this one, the unclean demon, Satan, who is in him.”

The invocations then continue in Greek (1235-1248):

quote:

“I adjure you, demon, whoever you are, by this god: Sabarbarbathiōth Sabarbarbathiouth Sabarbarbathiōnēth Sabarbarbarphai.
Come out demon, whoever you are, and stay away from so-and-so. Now, now, quickly, quickly!
Come out demon, since I bind you in unbreakable adamantine chains, and I cast you into the black chaos in destruction!”

Instructions for a phylactery, a protective amulet, are also included as part of this composite practice, which the text specifies must be worn by the freshly exorcised individual as soon as the demon has been cast out. The following magical names are to be written upon a piece of tin (1252-1264):

quote:

“Bōr Phōr Phor Ba Phor Phor Ba. Bes Charin Baubōte Phōr Bōrphorba Phorbabor Baphorba Phab- raiē Phōrba Pharba Phōrphōr Phorba Bōphor Phorba Phorphor Phorba Bōborborba Pamphorba Phōrphōr Phōrba. Guard so-and-so.”

I hope your Coptic is good. Best of luck

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

nice yarrow stalks, idiot

This owns. I love how silly things got with high attributes and powers in WoD. "Only a mummy who gains the highest pinnacle of Ma'at and spends experience can hope to raise an attribute above eight points." is so true and they were so right to say it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've found you an excellent method for casting out demons, in the name of fan favorite deity Jesus the Christ to help keep mainstream practitioners comfortable. So now all you need to do is find someone who is currently possessed by a succubus spirit, exorcise them, and then I guess recapture and/or strike a consensual deal with the newly manifest succubus entity, for fellatio. Then you should be all set.

I hope your Coptic is good. Best of luck

I'm pretty sure this is how you catch at least one Pokemon

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

um hypothetically speaking could a witches curse cause someone to become some type of human-animal hybrid?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Lin Manuel-Turtle posted:

um hypothetically speaking could a witches curse cause someone to become some type of human-animal hybrid?
Yes, definitely. My intuition is telling me that this is more than just a hypothetical though. Did you or someone you know get cursed into a Lin Manuel Miranda / Turtle hybrid?

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Orbs posted:

Yes, definitely. My intuition is telling me that this is more than just a hypothetical though. Did you or someone you know get cursed into a Lin Manuel Miranda / Turtle hybrid?

yeah 😤

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
That's rough buddy. I'll see if I can cast a strong enough blessing to undo that for you/your friend.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a witchs curse, or blessing

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
A blurse, or a clessing

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

bless this mess, curse this 'verse

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024

Witches have been trying for time immemorial. Afaik, it only works with chimpanzees and the fetus never makes it to the third trimester

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it worked in gargoyles, but that was a scientist

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Okay, so. The good news is I can make you no longer a turtle-human hybrid. The bad news is, the only way is to turn you into a frog-human hybrid instead. This is according to not having a turtle totem in my ritual objects, but having a windup frog:

If you accept this deal, then just say "I accept" out loud and the transformation will begin. Expect it to happen slowly, but it will happen. Thinking of Discworld's Great A'Tuin as you transform will make it easier, as will acquiring a toy frog of your own and using it.

Terry Pratchett posted:

“The place where the story happened was a world on the back of four elephants perched on the shell of a giant turtle. That's the advantage of space. It's big enough to hold practically anything, and so, eventually, it does.
People think that it is strange to have a turtle ten thousand miles long and an elephant more than two thousand miles tall, which just shows that the human brain is ill-adapted for thinking and was probably originally designed for cooling the blood. It believes mere size is amazing.
There's nothing amazing about size. Turtles are amazing, and elephants are quite astonishing. But the fact that there's a big turtle is far less amazing than the fact that there is a turtle anywhere.”
Best wishes.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Half of those sound like craft IPAs that are so hoppy as to be functionally undrinkable.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cobra sweat could be a milk stout or a v citrusy trippel

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Trying to figure out which one of those potions is the disgustingly lactic imperial sour

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tears of the cat

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sweat of the horus-bull gives you wings

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I'm Courtesan's Brew, Salve of Delight. Appearance was either the most useless or the most powerful stat in old WoD, depending on the system and your ST's interpretation of it. Always set your Appearance either really high or really low either way, since both are more fun than just looking average.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the mind reels at the possibilities hiding in uncommon elixirs

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Elixir of Nerd's Sweat, Goon's Joy. Increases Computer skill, decreases Charisma attribute.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Orbs posted:

Elixir of Nerd's Sweat, Goon's Joy. Increases Computer skill, decreases Charisma attribute.

haven't tried these mtn dew flavors yet

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Orbs, thank you for the help and good magicks, not gonna make any decisions on twhether to undo the curse or not yet, honestly I’m still kind of shell-shocked by the whole thing

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Orbs, thank you for the help and good magicks, not gonna make any decisions on twhether to undo the curse or not yet, honestly I’m still kind of shell-shocked by the whole thing
lol, that's fair. You're welcome, and take your time to decide.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Common elixirs: monkey sperm

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

If you ever do tire of being a turtle (or frog), might I suggest instead being: a bird

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
You might like this one LAB: I had an impulse to use an I Ching generator online in response to someone's flippant question, almost as a joke. I realized that it wasn't a pure intention, but I tried to sort of compartmentalize that, adopted an air of wanting to do it for good reasons, and did it anyways.

I focused on the question intently. Clicked on the wrong button. Didn't think too much of it, focused again. Clicked the wrong button again.

Then I remembered a puppetry scene from Jan Svankmajer's Faust, in which Faust believes that he dropped his blood-filled quill twice by coincidence. It's revealed to be an angel preventing him from signing the infernal contract. Maybe as a metaphor for his better self working against it. And I realized that what I was doing was maybe small, but was a genuine compromise of having a straightforward mind. Like it was... ISFET

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

‼️ :monocle:

Thank you for sharing, I did like that :shobon:

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Apr 12, 2024

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If you ever do tire of being a turtle (or frog), might I suggest instead being: a bird
:hmmyes:
I can confirm that birds are also an amazing option. :lovebird:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/10/world/aosta-italy-french-woman-dead-scli-intl/index.html

the lasombra are at it again!!!

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
The loving Lasombra...

Time to roll up a Toreador or Malkavian to help stop them, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im gonna make an halaku cryptic for this lasombra necromancer caper