Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

christian witchcraft is a great z-grade romance character name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

christian witchcraft breathed in a sexy, erotic, lustsome way, putting his sweaty (good sweaty) arms around her bodys meats

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

barbarella sincaine looked at christian witchcraft, her sex-gazing eyes navigating the moist tapestry of his exposed, living skin

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

happy birthday, christian alchemist

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

any radical monists ituo (in this undifferentiated orb)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

he was a necromancer not a witch

the witch of endor was both, you fool, you absolute jamoke

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

MY LIEGE, our finest augers have divined that a passing comet hath declared: yo mama so fat her belt size is "equator"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uJTn9Zbdq0&t=878s

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the oldest textually attested forms of magic ive ever seen documented were mesopotamian necromancy and it was the particular domain of women, who worked thru lamentation and song

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mul (𒀯)
tide, regular cyclical movement
nominational (pertaining to the conferring of a title/office)

truly this is the place to chit-chat about astrology and calendar establishment. for/by witches

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sailor moon is a god

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

protestants get outta the thread until you have a theology that couldnt be printed in its entirety on the back of a cereal box

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

this is a good thing

agreedo its good to exclude toddlers from the big people table

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

[flips a silver dollar toward you] here you go kid, go have yrself a schism while the grown ups talk

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if you would hire an accountant or lawyer because of their demonstrated greater expertise in large, consequential, at times subtle domains, you should understand the intercession of saints

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I once dated a girl trapped in a vicious cycle of drinking water left on the porch overnight with a magic ring in it to absorb moon energy and using its powers to try to not be sick all the time

her wizard name is luna nyteporch and knowing this gives you power

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sherbert Hoover posted:

sorry bud, but they're in stasis

this is a common mistake. accountants are not in cryogenic stasis, the misunderstanding is because iceman is the only cpa on the xmen

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sherbert Hoover posted:

you know what grinds my gears? when someone tells me to have a blessed day

where the hell do you get off assuming such authority, bub

i have extended such authority to all people. asked and answered, ticket closed. resolved

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

y’alldabaoth

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

i suggest matthew and john those are my favorites

oh ffs this is basic af

basic bitch hermeneutics

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if matthew had a soundtrack, it would be the sorta poo poo buffy had in seasons 1-3. it could aspire to a blander hercules the legendary journeys ep soundscape on a good day w a jaunty translation

john would be 90s star trek, sonic wallpaper w moments of Actual Music. you can remember bits of it and it doesnt bother you when they float to mind. absolutely the epistle where the soundscape was more defined by the sound fx work

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anyone else have a great deal of trouble saying the word apologism aloud w a straight face

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

me, startled, thinking about brothels near the temple of apollo: by apologism!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Charlatan Eschaton posted:

very good vibes in that quote, so glad you like the book. paper was cool just wished it had links to the songs they were talkin about, the rare thing that would have been better as a podcast. i appreciate it, reading stuff that's too complicated the best way to learn
metaphysical girl probably just didn't think you were looking for guidance, should have offered to do one for her too :) dual readings to compare

got a new book, some cool stuff some things missing imo. trying to put together a small review/comparison to other books it references

are you in ashipu school

do you have fish clothes

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/sporadicalia/status/1744328103839584604
https://twitter.com/DilettanteryPod/status/1744479793226322425

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

whom would each god main on smash ultimate

i know in my bones that apollo picks the dragon quest hero every time

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sherbert Hoover posted:

feeling like mercury is extremely good with bowser

vanth was like, girl with a giant key, h*ck yeah!! and mains sora

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

specifically

this costume

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

it is wednesday, my druids

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

still wednesday as far as i know

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sherbert Hoover posted:

would expect a country with this flag to be a little more chill

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tag you are self, im

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sherbert Hoover posted:

quote:

By the power of the rainbow's arc,
Let my forum posts make their mark.
With creativity and flair,
Bless me with posts beyond compare.
On this gay internet forum, let it be,
Good fortune and positivity come to me.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

witness sorceries

https://i.imgur.com/xm1eUmt.mp4

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

drugs

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

polycritical posted:

Mage the Ascension is literally real. That realization blew my mind

brucato—the most iconic, enduring, and arguably influential of the mage developers—tried to shape the game into a teaching tool for his worldview: a sort of neopagan/new age expedient means. thats (one of the reasons) why he reversed so many of the changes revised edition made, when he headed up the 20th anniversary edition, to bring it more closely into alignment w his own vision of not just the game but of reality

which makes it even funnier that jess heinig was leagues better in terms of shaping the game to express the core realities it leveraged: no one cares if you are breaking reality or using tools built into it, as long as you are open to making the attempt; collaboration, persistence, and effort are key to big effects; the greatest threat is the perceived impossibility of a better world; cultural realities matter

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i think they heinig was also the dev when they published lost paths, which came out like four months before 9/11 and mentioned how certain mage group(s? at minimum the taftâni) got along w the afghan taliban

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and after a decade of saying that no one needs a book on nyc because everyone is already familiar we it via its cultural presence, white wolf published new york by nite w a street date of like a week before 9/11. justin achilli, the vampire dev, got real wound up about people talking about how particular current events could fit into the world of darkness and posted some all caps thread title like THIS IS NOT A GAME to tell people to stop speculating about how the lasombra downed flight 93 or w/e. didnt help that they were right in the middle of their middle east themed “year of the scarab”

9/11 presented unique challenges to white wolf

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

other things heinig got powerfully correct: old overtly powerful people wont save you and its 💯% fine if they all end up exiled into the cosmic flush hole; fuckin off into imagination land is fine for a lark or a purpose but it doesnt make you superior to anyone else; sometimes weird poo poo just happens and you can just accept that; the front-and-center placement of resonance—the influence of yr own nature and person and manner—instead of supernatural paradox effects; gnosis/enlightenment/access to the fundamentals of reality isnt an instant win over everyone else its a path to understanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

polycritical posted:

If mage is real does that mean that vampire is also? I need time to think