Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

welcome to Seer-Spam's center of witchcraft for Tarot readings, general spellcraft, and other esoteric miscellany! all types of the occult welcome and please no fighting.

i got a lot of positive feedback in the mod thread so i went ahead and made a space to continue readings and to let others do things as well.

i want this to be a place for sharing tales, asking guidance, teaching lost arts and there's no wrong way to go about it as long as you're not being an rear end in a top hat.

anyway it doesn't matter if you think it's real or not, the important thing is it makes you feel like you have some sort of control over your life, plus it's fun!

i personally accept questions in-thread (or as PMs if you want to be anonymized) to do situation readings, single card draws, as well as the daily reading - but feel free to contribute in your own way, i'm always excited to see new sides of the occult and witchcraft!

oh and if you plan on using the black arts, always keep your curses clean and simple as complex rituals can easily backfire - remember to always practice safe hex!

(OP art by snoo Scream & Scry)

clockwork chaos posted:

C-Spam's Daily Reading for 12/30

Inverted 3 of Cups: thoughts of conformity. Today is a day of reassessing your ideas and obligations. You're letting yourself be peer pressured into toning yourself down for others, or letting them cut corners. Remember that you and your peace of self should come first.

Queen of Swords: perceptive feelings. Today is a day of organizing and sorting your emotional state. It's been chaotic and you've been tugged in too many directions at once. Find your center, and start to piece it together.

Page of Pentacles: actions of desire. Today is a day of rest and relaxation. It's okay if you aren't striving ever forward, everyone needs time to recuperate, treat yourself with something nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

hello cspam, good morning good morning, it's time for

C-Spam's Daily Reading for 12/31

Inverted 2 of Cups: uncommunicated thoughts. Today is a day of evaluating relationships and discussion. Misheard or misconstrued situations are common, take the time to clarify words before commiting to any one thing lest you pay for it in the future.

Inverted 4 of Cups: disassociated feelings. Today is a day of assessing neglected emotional needs and opportunities lost. Focusing too much on one thing has led you to ignore your other desires, and you've become disillusioned, bored, unbalanced. Try finding something that sparks your interest anew, however brief.

4 of Pentacles: frugal actions. Today is a day of celebration and gratitude for what you have earned. Value is measured in enjoyment, ensure the things you have placed value in are appreciated, and not just taking up space.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

Can we invoke death curses and hexes in this thread, or is that verboten as well
that's pretty heavy, and not usually worth the time and energy invested imo, talk like that tends to get the pyres burning. I recommend inconvenience hexes and annoyance poxes, light easy curses that you can safely blame on coincidence - but deep down you'll know. Forgetting your bus pass, forgetting the words to your speech, misplacing your keys muhuhahaha

perepelki posted:

i can talk to animals
neat! do they have anything to say back?

Grevling posted:

Has anyone tried to use magick to affect politics? I want to get really into bending the universe to my will using magick in 2021.
yes. most definitely - the tafttub in particular.

Fluoride Jones posted:

Anyone know where I can get eye of newt?
eye of newt is colloquially called mustard seeds, they're pretty common so i imagine a lot of places have 'em

Badactura posted:

I'm a technomage bc I store my magic spells on a hard drive.
always good to keep backups, consider a zipdrive for spells on the go, or a hexapp to add to your repitoire

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

CC, in the actual spirit of the thread, would you pull a reading for me at your leisure?

for you I've drawn

Inverted Hanged Man: needless sacrifice. You hesitate, sometimes you worry it's been for naught, that your actions haven't had the desired outcome. Take time to step back and reassess your path; is this where you really wish to go? There's still time to change your mind.

- - - - -

Lib and let die posted:

CC, in the actual spirit of the thread, would you pull a reading for me at your leisure? I've just applied for a job that I would put in the "dream job, if i dreamed of labor" category and am curious if the cards have anything to say.

Situation / Outcome Read

8 of cups: disillusionment. Your old job im assuming, symbolizing walking away and/or leaving things behind. Perhaps not an amicable seperation, as this card has connotations of abandonment.

Ace of Swords: victory. the future looks bright if you get this job, but its definitely not without it's downsides. Either less time for yourself, or more responsibilities or something that'll make you feel a twinge of regret, but not too much. This card has connotations of power over others so keep that in check.

Fool: beginnings. Well obviously new job new start that's easy, but can also mean a return to simpler times. Ignorance and childlike exuberance are both connotated, so if things seem too good to be true, most times it is.

clockwork chaos has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Dec 31, 2020

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

an actual dog posted:

magic is fake. it doesn't actually do anything

that's nice, honey

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Kit Walker posted:

I know a single spell and it’s simple but potent:

“Believing this sentence will make you happier”

Please meditate on this
very powerful spell, i agree - belief can shape many things. look at the recent presidency for examples

Sextro posted:

Pretty sure weed is magic
no doubt in my mind, a potent herb with many uses - a staple in any witch's collection

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

on mobile so i didnt notice this was different, holy poo poo that owns

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

C-Spam's Daily Reading for 1/1

2 of Swords: indecisive thoughts. Today is a day of evaluation and choice. Days of stalling have taken its toll, one must be chosen before progress can begin, but a blind guess is worse than not choosing at all.

High Priest: feelings of tradition. Today is a day of isolation and rest. Hollow calls for undeserved celebration, agnostic of the situation, reek of purposeful ignorance and toxic self-importance.

9 of Cups: actions of comfort. Today is a day of relaxation and stability. Earned treasures should be enjoyed lest they be taken for granted in the grand scheme of accumulating additional treasures. Give them a second chance

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

staticman posted:

I got a witch for a mom, and thanks to DNA being a dick I got it passed down to me from birth. I gotta admit, one of my first real post-9/11 crack-pings was being in the last stages of my "Magic's not real, gently caress you mom" rebel phase while watching meme-magic literally send TUETNRO into the white house.

Message received and lesson loving learned :stonk:

the unbridled power of concentrated belief can do great and terrible things

Grevling posted:

I just picked up a book about a kind of Jewish magic called qabalah from my local library. The book is mainly about personal development and turning yourself into a direct channel to God, not sure if it will help with politics.

if you are willing, teach us of the Sephirot, the golems and other things, shared knowledge is useful

Eox posted:

what's the quickest route to learning some kind of kinesis? pyro, tele, osseo, i'm not picky.
the quickest one to learn is homosapikinesis, most are born with the spark atleast

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

C-Spam's Daily Reading for 1/2

inverted High Priestess: repressed thoughts. Today is a day of re-centering and listening. The inner voice cries out unheard, denied subconsciously. Take the time to hearken its message for it is eternal in its diligence

5 of Pentacles: insecure feelings. Today is a day of charity and aid. Debts unpaid and favors owed, desperate times upon us all. Help, just out of arms reach, remains ignorant unless alerted

Temperance: patient actions. Today is a day of adaption and cooperation. To aid and be aided in turn, balance is key - extending too far will cause nothing but exhaustion

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

bold to post the 'too wealthy for life to have meaning' megathread op.

witchcraft and the like is predominantly born of peasantry and commoners but go off i guess
life is all about finding meaning in everything from stars to cards to help you deal with this bitch of an earth

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

look buddy, i dont care to debate on if things mean things in the witchcraft thread

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

snoo posted:

nothing is real and nothing matters :)

may i have a single card reading, OP, thank you

For you, I have drawn

Death: new beginnings. As one cycle ends, a new one begins - a fresh start upon the ashes of the old. New experiences await as the unwalked path is travelled

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

this place is open to all discussion of mysticism and esoterica, you might need to start at the beginning, though

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Snowy posted:

took that a few years ago but I guess it’s still relevant

that owns, i love it

Finicums Wake posted:

imo the question of whether there is an historical through-line from, say, the witches of early modern europe and the american settlers to the people who now call themselves witches is interesting

also, i usually get the impression that people today who are into witchcraft, tarot, or other occultlike things don't just see it as imaginary fun

the gotdang OP posted:

there's no wrong way to go about it as long as you're not being an rear end in a top hat.

anyway it doesn't matter if you think it's real or not, the important thing is it makes you feel like you have some sort of control over your life, plus it's fun!

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

please stop ruining the vibe, i have like three rules for this place cmon

C-Spam's Daily Reading 1/3

Ace of Swords: thoughts of success. Today is a day of goal-setting and planning. Lofty dreams and future doorways remain out of reach laying down, only through effort may they be grasped.

Inverted Strength: insecure feelings. Today is a day for learning limits and boundaries. The perimeter of ability, upon discovery, can yield insight of where vulnerabilities lie and how to solve them.

Inverted Judgement: actions of doubt. Today is a day of evaluation and awareness. Dysphoria is the progenitor of the harshest critic, upon which impossible standards are set, stifling growth and freedom of expression.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

staticman posted:

ftfy

Edit: :whitewater: posted this before I read the vibes warning. Real-talk tho, would it absolutely kill the good vibes and I should make a new thread for it, or can I bring up how anti-magic attitudes are literally almost without fail covers for extreme anti-native/racism and misogyny?

no this sounds right at home for this place, the vibes warning is for the drive-by shitposters who bring nothing to the table

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Good rant I missed the gay part though dunno why you felt it neccessary to include that

let people be gay

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

im a misogynist woman i guess good to know

be less cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009