Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

excuse me ladies are these cowans bothering you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

emperor - i am the black wizards

hmm

no, i dont think so

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

would you call it black wizardface or wizard blackface

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

from the size of your rear end i can see you dont lack blizzards ho ho ho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

You do not want to provoke christian witches on christmas! They are at the height of their power, second only to necromancy spells cast at easter!

my dude, it's even the full moon tonight. you're all hosed. me, i always was a friend to the witches

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

See, you'd think that, but they're no better off today than the average pagan spellcaster really. You see today is based around the birth and worship of the "Son," and etymologically speaking this develops from folding in and repurposing worship of of course, "the Sun," as had already existed for thousands of years and in fact can be noticed when we see how Christmas Day, December 25, is also the date of the Roman Sol Invictus and the final day of the lengthiest celebration of Saturnalia. Thereby, pagan Sun worship is defused and retooled into proper Christian Son worship which may be experienced by those who consider themselves beholden to the socially dominant monotheistic Israelite God.

However, the use of homophones alone is not enough to completely sever the power culturally invested in December the 25th from the original manifestation of "the Sun" and its worshippers. Anyone who is aware of clever spellwork, literal or figurative, aimed in their direction can easily dissemble its components and return them to their intended glory. In this primer on Solar-based holiday magical manifestation, we will

any novice would tell you there is an endless well of dark spiritual energy tied up in American Christmas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

here's what i would do to curse my enemy tonight:

under the full moon i'd gather symbols of american christmas in a circle of christmas lights: elf on a shelf, die hard dvds, coca cola etc. no christmas crackers or anything like that, those are sigils of english christmas. DO NOT make contact with english christmas. jesus christ do not do that.

then, take something of your enemy and place it in the center (could be a photo, a lock of hair, juet something that reminds you of them). put a santa candle on top of that item and light it. stare into the flame and concentrate on your curse or curses until the candle has burned down completely. under the next new moon wet the poppet with your blood and hide it near your enemy's home. burying it would be best, it's least likely to be found there.

if you wish to remove the curse i can advise you further, for bitcoin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that is basically a faction in the Dominions strategy series

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

waiting until january 1st to start incorporating steamboat willie into my sigils

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

my protestantism ftw. other guys protestantism ftl

bible's pretty clear on witchcraft, unless youre a unitarian

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the catholic church is based around paganism, almost animism

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

They make such a big deal about host desecration while they desecrate the memory of the Christ by saying he's actually this cracker

nbd just ritualistic cannibalism borrowed from roman mystery cults

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

The rules of Orthodox Judaism make far more sense to me and I respect the dedication that goes into following them. Catholicism seems a bit more jazzy in making allowances for the things they really want to do

the talmudic scholars mostly agree that god left in the loopholes as a fun challenge for his people. the first game designer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

muhammed pbuh showed up later to close a bunch of loopholes and re-ban pork and shellfish from tournament play

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

This part goes hard

maury voice:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

🪬

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ok but where does the homestuck cosmology fit into all of this christian stuff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it owns that the metamorphosis included him introducing "y'all" into his posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Al I like your new avatar :)

birds and rain, what can i say it works every time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my spirit animal (fursona) is crow, from the longest journey

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mostly consume the bible via inhalation and insuffilation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[to a group of vestals gathered under the statue of aries] excuse me ladies, but is this god bothering you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sherbert Hoover posted:

hmm that's odd, he's usually not this horny

oh yeah? just ask Hephaestus lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hephaestus trapping his wife and her lover in an elaborate net contraption is the first e/n goon story

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pretty sure purple and orange is for Sunsday

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah the acidified ocean means all that marble and sandstone is hosed over the next couple hundred years

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Can AI do magic?

If someone trained a state of the art artificial intelligence on all the magical texts and theory they could find, what would happen

I feel like this could be an exciting way to combine potential dystopian futures

yeah but i dont see what the other two paragraphs have to do with it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sherbert Hoover posted:

as soon as someone here finds a dash of wit we can try it

my mars is in groucho and my venus is in dave barry

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[bill clinton voice]

quote:

This word "is" hides the riddle of all riddles, the mystery that there is anything at all. Every philosophy, whether it asks the question of being openly or not, moves around this mystery, has a partial answer to it, whether acknowledged or not, but is generally at a loss to answer it fully

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pauls conversion on the road to wembly

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"women are disgusting" - paul of tarsus/croup coughfid

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

And immediately there fell from his head as it had been hair: and he received AIDS forthwith, and arose, and was probated.

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[while being struck down by the overwhelming light of god's creation] based.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

excuse me i think youve been misled. that's clearly a rock dove