Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Has anyone tried to use magick to affect politics? I want to get really into bending the universe to my will using magick in 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

jarofpiss posted:

i think they levitated the pentagon and it ended the vietnam war

Nice, I'd like to do something to that effect.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

lumpentroll posted:

the vietnam war is already over, dumbass

There are other wars now, don't know if u heard

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I just picked up a book about a kind of Jewish magic called qabalah from my local library. The book is mainly about personal development and turning yourself into a direct channel to God, not sure if it will help with politics.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

clockwork chaos posted:

if you are willing, teach us of the Sephirot, the golems and other things, shared knowledge is useful

Alright, I'll post more on this magic later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I have begun to read a little bit in my kabbalah book.

It begins by introducing the concept of kabbalah which is a little different than what I've associated with that term, there's no mention of the Torah for example. According to the book, written in 2004, kabbalah is becoming popular with many people nowadays. Personally I've never heard of it apart from on the internet and in books, so that doesn't jive with my experience. Admittedly most of the people I talk to tend to be pretty materialistic.

The book introduces a cosmology, explaining how the universe was created and the nature of souls. It sounds pretty similar to Platonism. Reincarnation is a part of it, and every time a soul is reincarnated it retains experience from its previous time on earth. That should mean that the souls that are around today are the most experienced ever, and according to the book our "generation" is indeed very spiritual.

The book talks about the knowledge within being "esoteric" but at the same time "anyone can do it" which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me but there seems to be a kind of "practical kabbalah" that's easy to get into, if you're like me and don't want to learn Hebrew and do hardcore exegesis of scripture, which is what I used to think kabbalah was about.

I haven't gotten to the part where you learn how to do magic yet but it should be coming up soon.