Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Mage the Ascension is literally real. That realization blew my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
yeah well at this point the la sombra may as well have

This is Not a game

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
I almost threw up laughing, thank you

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
If mage is real does that mean that vampire is also? I need time to think

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
:roll for godhood:

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Ritual is a conscious connection to the unconscious (or a connection to kia via the unconscious, w/e floats your boat).

Though they are not 1-to-1 the same, I connect 'ritual' etymologically with 'habit'. The same way you have small daily habits, you can have small daily rituals.

On of the first things that people like Gison and Burroughs will tell you to do is to deliberately form a daily habit/ritual that is without purpose. For example, you have a paper wheel pinned to the wall near your light switch. Every morning, when you leave the house, you invert the wheel 180 degrees. Soon, you will be jnverting the wheel without thinking about it, showing how deliberate intent can effect the automatic functionings that control our actual second to second actions

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
A bell rings

"No, you see, my mouth is watering because I'm hungry."

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Also, with the hypernormalization of 'reality' that many of us face, I'm forced to admit that even very fantastical things cannot be automatically discounted they way they once were.

What physically would be different in your life if la sombra Did take down united 93? Would we not have invaded Iraq? If the infamous 9/11 dust really Was the dust of a vampire coven making it's nest on floor 82, does that mean all those people would not have gotten sick from inhaling it? Posters like to joke 'death to America', because they say the country is evil. If the country was ruled by Literal evil vampires, would that really change?

Then the arguments "no the people who rule us here in real life are literal evil monsters, just not Vampires" . And then it's like, okay, but notice how none of the context or solutions change between scenarios?

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
"He's survived by his parents, Miriam and Yosef, and his brother James."

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Awakening is itself throne propaganda to keep others from ascension

Its a dirty rear end trick, but aren't they all

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
The lvl ii card diviner vs the lvl iii dice diviner

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024

Squizzle posted:

all of this celebration of mantic divination is excluding those of us who, barely aware of even the present, cruise magooïcally thru blessing after blessing, evincing at best a dull awareness of our own impossibility

Lucky

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024

Squizzle posted:

dullard is literally the opposite of wizard. rude

Propaganda from the throne

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
The best description of the tarot I've ever read has been from, of all people, Mercedes Lackey

E. In her 'Pheonix and Ashes' a young elemental neophyte of fire is enslaved by a mistress of earth via the burying of her fingerbone under a stone of the hearth. The only teacher she has is hedge witch for whom raising up an elemental adept is clearly out of her league. Ahhh, but if she goes through the Tarot sequence as the seeker....

polycritical has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Apr 9, 2024

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Speaking of authors who are also magicians, I was reading Dune Messiah, and the scene where Jessica is introducing Farradn to the start of Bene Gesserit training is Word-For-Word out of Liber Null / Psychonaut

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Oh fuuuuuuuuuk

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Oh God, who made everything at the beginning, who is ever gracious, and whose name is Jesus Christ. I beg to be your vessel for your love in this world, oh God, so that my posts may be bangers that work your will on this site.

I ask that you post your holy angels around us so that our mind may be enlightened and our accounts protected.

Wash us clean in your precious blood so that our internet sins might be forgiven and we may know peace with our heavenly Father in digital heaven

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024

Lin Manuel-Turtle posted:

um hypothetically speaking could a witches curse cause someone to become some type of human-animal hybrid?

Witches have been trying for time immemorial. Afaik, it only works with chimpanzees and the fetus never makes it to the third trimester

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
I just witnessed a double rainbow on a golden sky

The lash of disbelief cannot harm me

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
We cast spells every day. It's just that, if we thought of it that way, we'd be like "dang, why do i keep casting these lovely rear end spells"

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
I stand before you all now as a poster, owned

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
withering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Alas