Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grevling posted:

Has anyone tried to use magick to affect politics? I want to get really into bending the universe to my will using magick in 2021.

magick got us in this mess to begin with!

quote:

SCP-5004-B is United States President Donald John Trump. SCP-5004-B is a powerful reality sink, negating the anomalous effects of supernatural entities or artifacts near it by altering the way those entities or artifacts interact with the fabric of spacetime. This ability appears to be innate to SCP-5004-B's existence as a whole, as individual pieces of SCP-5004-B or parts of SCP-5004-B disconnected from the rest of the entity do not carry the same negating properties.

quote:

Ginsburg: Quite. And all the while Gorman has been stewing down there, growing big and strong and increasingly annoying! I have spoken to him in his dreams on several occasions, yes. He has a foul mouth and is very perturbed to have been given the run-around by Charles Hughes all those years ago. Make no mistake, white coat - Gorman is coming, and on that day he will rise up from beneath the Earth in such great and terrible fury this country, nay, the world itself will never be the same again. But! In that dark hour, who will rise to oppose him but me, the Grand Arcanist of Brooklyn, the Witch of Washington, the Arch-Arcanist of Jurisprudence!

http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-5004

CC, in the actual spirit of the thread, would you pull a reading for me at your leisure? I've just applied for a job that I would put in the "dream job, if i dreamed of labor" category and am curious if the cards have anything to say.

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

clockwork chaos posted:

for you I've drawn

Inverted Hanged Man: needless sacrifice. You hesitate, sometimes you worry it's been for naught, that your actions haven't had the desired outcome. Take time to step back and reassess your path; is this where you really wish to go? There's still time to change your mind.

- - - - -

Situation / Outcome Read

8 of cups: disillusionment. Your old job im assuming, symbolizing walking away and/or leaving things behind. Perhaps not an amicable seperation, as this card has connotations of abandonment.

Ace of Swords: victory. the future looks bright if you get this job, but its definitely not without it's downsides. Either less time for yourself, or more responsibilities or something that'll make you feel a twinge of regret, but not too much. This card has connotations of power over others so keep that in check.

Fool: beginnings. Well obviously new job new start that's easy, but can also mean a return to simpler times. Ignorance and childlike exuberance are both connotated, so if things seem too good to be true, most times it is.

Interesting. Just going to do some thinking out loud on this...

I was disillusioned with my current job before I took it, given it's with the same employer I was with ~3 years ago and left for various reasons - and while I conducted myself as though the split were amicable, I swallowed a lot of blood at my wife's urging and played nice. It's played heavily into my motivation to GTFO, but also raised some old skeletons that I'd thought I'd fully moved on from but still had a bit of life left in them w/r/t how I'm valued in the workplace. Suffice to say, while most business environments are toxic by nature, this company felt especially aggro and I had (and still have) to deal with a lot of very uncomfortable feelings here.

I don't like my job, or the company I work for, but I do like my boss: we're in the same age bracket, we'd hung out socially during my previous tenure, and she's been thrown into the position of fixing a business unit plagued by years of its previous manager pulling up the ladder behind him and think she's just a nice person in general and I am going to feel bad giving my notice to her. The team is already shorthanded and overworked and while I know it's not my problem that the company is understaffed, I am going to feel bad about leaving my work to my already overworked colleagues.

If I do get the job, it's going to be working with a proprietary platform, in a new-ish direction for me - a sort of halftime blanking of the slate.

Thanks clockwork - I needed something to spur some reflection. I hope you don't mind me diarreah-ing back my musings! :)

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Dec 31, 2020