Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Missed opportunity to make this episode one owl hour long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Bow girl is as cute as hat girl, but her head-wear is not as glorious. But then, you'd almost have to make a hat girl #2 as second character to match the glory of her hat.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 4: Rift Roundup

In this video we explore our first Purple Rift and spend too much time on the computer.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I enjoyed the effort that went into avoiding speaking to the character voiced by Jontron only to accidentally call another character a colossal racist.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

That's a hell of a text adventure, there.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 5: Subcon Forest

In this video we sign our life away and become a plumber.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

For anybody who missed the Steam sale, Humble has Hat in Time for 50% off.

I get a real Care Bears villain vibe from the Snatcher.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Hamsterlady posted:

Act 5: Subcon Forest[/url]

In this video we sign our life away and become a plumber.

Subcon Forest was my favourite part of the game. Best music, great writing, great atmosphere.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

rchandra posted:

For anybody who missed the Steam sale, Humble has Hat in Time for 50% off.

I get a real Care Bears villain vibe from the Snatcher.

:tipshat: Thanks, I had been waiting for a sale to pick this up.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 6: The Annual Bird Movie Award

In this video we disarm a bomb and lead a parade.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Dead Bird Studios battle is awesome. Probably the best boss fight in the game. With the second best boss fight music.

The Conductor is way more of a jerk about it, but as you said the Big Parade is really hard the first time so he's probably going to win anyway. For me it was those crowds at the bottom - there's a lot of places where if you fall down there you can't bounce back up on to land, so you just take four hits and die.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

The boss fight was definitely about leading a bomb and disarming someone else's parade.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

You really have the option to not confirm the high scorer as the winner? How prescient.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

One thing I really like about this segment is that the director you picked to win becomes the bad guy. Most games would do it the other way around

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 7: Vanessa's Manor

If you are bothered by horror elements, skip to 12:40

In this video, we explore an old woman's house and become an essential worker.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Vanessa's Manor is so loving intense when you first play it. It's absolutely insane and I love that they managed to do it.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It’s spooky as hell, I made it out and never looked back

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Vanessa's manor is genuinely more frightening then several horror games I've played, I think because it's so unexpected.

If you hide in the wardrobe in the bedroom, you can see a terrorized mafia shriving in the other side of it. That's his frozen corpse you see after Venessa get the key and topples the wardrobe. Pretty grim moment.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hell yeah, Your Contract Has Expired is the best track in the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrzjCwHbwF0

It's kind of a shame the boss fight is over so quickly just for that music. By four minutes you're either good enough to have beaten him or he's killed you.

The turning blue gag is still fun though.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The soundtrack is such insanely good value for money. If you buy it, don't sleep on the B side one. That one keeps geting updated with the DLC music for free.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

I regret to inform Snatcher that this is in fact how contracts work.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Tenebrais posted:

It's kind of a shame the boss fight is over so quickly just for that music. By four minutes you're either good enough to have beaten him or he's killed you.

After you throw the potion, it's actually impossible for the fight to go on for very long (unless you're on assist mode with the health regen), because his clone attack will end in one of you taking a hit.

Which is funny, because Snatcher actually gets harder the longer the fight goes on for. If you use assist mode to stall or mod him to have more hp, he just gets faster and faster and faster. But you can't really see this in normal gameplay outside of a couple of Death Wish contracts.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

The mechanics of the boss fight have always bothered me a little, because you're likely to have come to it after the fight with DJ Grooves/The Conductor, who notably don't glow blue at any point.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
So, the last video was the end of Chapter 2 and this video starts off with the first three missions of Chapter 3 being already done. Were they in an earlier video and I've just forgotten, or are you skipping them?

EDIT: I am dumb and apparently missed watching the 5th video.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

He stole our hat. I expected that to be terminal offensive.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
If you want to see the cut content of Vanessa's manor, it's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xHNOKhWi0

The third floor starts at about 5:10. Note that the floor is indeed not fun.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

NHO posted:

He stole our hat. I expected that to be terminal offensive.

It is. In a shocking, violent twist you are re-imagined as Hate Kid from chapter 4 of the game, which is now known as "A Hating Time". Every character in the coming videos will have giant guns, an excessive hatch line shader, and tiny feet.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Crystalgate posted:

If you want to see the cut content of Vanessa's manor, it's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xHNOKhWi0

The third floor starts at about 5:10. Note that the floor is indeed not fun.

Yeah... I can see why they cut that.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 8: Death Wish

In this video we clear out some time rifts and sign an Advanced Contract.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Margin of the Night is a reference to NightMargin, of OneShot fame. The color palette of the outfit is the same as Niko's from OneShot.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Death Wish: No One is Around to Help

In this video, we explore Death Wish in earnest and fight our first EX boss.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I really wish the Death Wish DLC didn't have all the busywork. I'd like to play a lot more of it but I also really don't want to farm mafia kills for 20 minutes.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm still salty about this happening to me...

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've actually just finished this game this afternoon, beat it with 28 timepieces and don't care to 100% it. Aspects of it remind me of Hot Lava on steam with collectible comic book pages and the secondary death wish objectives. Hot Lava is WAY harder though, but still fun. Also the final act of Dead Bird Studios reminded me of Hot Lava's final world because it finally tells you, or at least implies, why the main characters are playing "The Floor is Lava" in the first place with a similar sound design flair to the "Hearing the villain mumbling in the dark" idea.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 9: Alpine Skyline

In this video, we visit world 4 and talk about Billy Hatcher for some reason?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

IIRC, this is about where the previous LP attempt for this game stalled out.

I like how the music does a Doppler effect kind of thing when you use the ziplines. The game's music is by and large okay, not great, but the way they play with it is neat.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I played this game to 100% completion before the DLC and I am jazzed that there's more of it, but I've gotten rusty and Death Wish kicks my rear end. So I'm excited to see somebody much, much better at the game play through it.

And yeah, Alpine Skyline is the first proper Collectathon level and it was my immediate favorite :allears:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I think I like Dead Bird more, but this is definitely where the fact that Hat in Time is, at least to me, the game of a generation, really hit home.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I thought that world 4's finale was really annoying and preferred the other worlds' more active plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Also there is, of course, a mod that plays Za Warudo whenever you stop time.