Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 10: The Illness Has Spread

In this video we visit the bird house and cure the plague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I remember that I checked to see if you could use the Dweller mask to reveal the cat thieves, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

fractalairduct posted:

I remember that I checked to see if you could use the Dweller mask to reveal the cat thieves, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work.

That would've been a really neat touch, actually.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 11: The Golden Vault

In this video we finally open the Golden Vault and cheat at a race.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

The crows in that purple time rift reminded me that there are also some crows just hanging out in the Birdhouse.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
When you complete a platforming challenge in level 4 and receive a yarn for a hat you obtained in level 1, does it actually unlock anything else? Can you use it for cosmetic stuff?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Beartaco posted:

When you complete a platforming challenge in level 4 and receive a yarn for a hat you obtained in level 1, does it actually unlock anything else? Can you use it for cosmetic stuff?

Not really.

You need one (1) yarn of the appropriate hat and however many yarn of whatever type to get to the number needed to create the hat. Once you've got all the hats, the only purpose collecting yarn serves is to get the shiny.

It's 3 rift tokens to spin the gacha.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I could absolutely see Cam Clarke voicing Mustache Girl's lines in his Liquid Snake voice.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Death Wish: Life is Hard, Life is Stressful

In this video we don't jump and we kill two birds.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I love Killing Two Birds, it's such a chaotic mess. Makes you feel really accomplished when you beat it.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 12: Bon Voyage!

In thiws video we boawd the cwuise ship awnd duwu chowes fow the captain.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I originally beat the pre-nerf version of the second act and was so frustrated that I couldn't play the game for a couple days afterwards. If they hadn't handed out the first DLC for free for a limited time, I'd have asked for a refund just because of how aggressively unfun that act was.

The fact that the boat is an absolute nightmare to navigate doesn't help either.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Egg!

I love that the seals in the control room appear to just be playing video games.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Late again Parker.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 13: Rock the Boat

In this video we commit an atrocity and do a difficult time rift.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Huh... the music that plays when you rescue the Captin sounds very similar to the train section of the "Bombing run" ff7 music track.

Edit: Yeah that end part comes almost completely out of left feild. That said it explains quite a bit about the Captain's attitude and behiavor.

cokerpilot fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 16, 2021

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I think you can find and talk to Snatcher and the octopus in the finale? It's been a while though, I can't be sure.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, that captain really didn't want to bother leaving the sinking ship, huh?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I mean, he was depressed as gently caress and even if he had cared he was a freaking walrus designed for swimming in icy waters for extended periods.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

His pair of cigarettes would've gone out, though.

Snapping right back to the super cheerful slots music after the emotional gut punch that is the Arctic Cruise story book is a really hosed up ride. And it's kinda great for it.

As for the Snatcher, if you talk to him in his box a couple of times, he asks if it looks like the box is being loaded into the right ship or not. He might've ended up on the S.S. None Of Your Business.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Death Wish: I Need Peace and Tranquility

In this video we fight my favorite boss and mess with time a little.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'm expecting that Taco Bell review for the next episode.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Can you not use the potion hat to attack Snatcher in the Breaching the Contract fight?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Veloxyll posted:

Can you not use the potion hat to attack Snatcher in the Breaching the Contract fight?

You don't turn him blue with a blue potion so you can't damage him.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

You don't have your hat during the fight, Snatcher is wearing it.

Maybe the laser badge would work, but that involves using the laser badge.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Geemer posted:

You don't have your hat during the fight, Snatcher is wearing it.

Maybe the laser badge would work, but that involves using the laser badge.

Ah, I forgot he had stolen our collection of hats for the fight.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 14: The Nyakuza Metro

In this video we join a gang and play dress-up.

Extra: The Food of the Metro

In this video we visit the Nyakuza Metro's greatest diners, drive-ins, and dives.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Food video was surprisingly philosophical.

jaydee864
Aug 15, 2010

Life is such a drag when the whole world's falling apart
I absolutely love the aesthetics of this level, this level is the best-looking one to me so far. I'm glad all the cosmetic options in this level are only gated behind Pons and not the gatcha, it would be pretty frustrating to have to grind out those excellent new outfits and hat flairs.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

jaydee864 posted:

I absolutely love the aesthetics of this level, this level is the best-looking one to me so far. I'm glad all the cosmetic options in this level are only gated behind Pons and not the gatcha, it would be pretty frustrating to have to grind out those excellent new outfits and hat flairs.

Mod levels absolutely shower you with rift tokens, so it's honestly not so bad. Unless you're playing on Switch, I guess.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 15: Rush Hour

In this video we finish our exploration of the Nyakuza Metro.

Extra: Collecting 51 Stickers

In this video we collect 51 of the Metro's 52 collectible stickers. The last one is more involved and will be seen in a later video.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I like the little touch that there is a manhole in Bluefin Tunnel that becomes the new content in the finale. Also it's a really good finale.

Hell, it's a really good act overall. Nyakuza Metro was excellent.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

You're gonna show off the egg vault and Kiwami means extreme, right?

Nyakuza Metro rules.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Geemer posted:

You're gonna show off the egg vault and Kiwami means extreme, right?

Nyakuza Metro rules.

Absolutely. Gonna show off the Wowza sticker too.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 16: You Are All Bad Guys

In this video we face the judge, jury, and executioner.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
I really do love how the game fully embraces that Hat Kid is not, in any way, a heroic figure. She's not a villain -- she's just trying to get back her stuff that she needs -- but she's not really here to help people, and (going by her diary entries) she doesn't understand half of what's going on anyway.

A Hat in Time is the cheeriest morally-grey game I've ever seen, that's for sure.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Hat Girl absolutely agrees with about half of the rant.
She is selfish, she has no interest in saving the planet, this planet doesn't need Hat Girl and it's absolutely perfect that no one will ever miss her.

Now give those time pieces back, you miserable little thief, so I can leave your cheap offers of "friendship" behind and go home, away from this weird crazy place.

And then, when all hanger-ons appeared, she really, really don't want them there or at her home.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

NHO posted:

And then, when all hanger-ons appeared, she really, really don't want them there or at her home.

Ehh, she did get teary at the end.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's pretty fun to look back on this and realise that there were no good guys in this story anywhere.

Except maybe Cooking Cat? She was swapping out the mafia's lethal cooking with her own. She seems to be making some effort to make things better for other people for its own sake.

Cooking Cat is the true hero of A Hat In Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Egg!

I love that the seals in the control room appear to just be playing video games.

Egg!

Any seal in any medium from now on has to quote that line, its the law.