Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Death Wish: I Don't Have to Prove Myself to Anyone

In this video we may or may not harm birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Really seems like the birdhouse level would have been better served making the birds invincible rather than punishing you for hurting them. Could probably get away with putting in more, meaner bird placements knowing that you just have to deal with the pecking.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yes, but then we couldn't have all the lines telling us we were a monster for accidentally killing one

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Act 17: Tour

In this video we check out things we missed in each world and then grab the last two Time Pieces.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Aww, that last storybook is heart-wrenching. I kind of love how all over the place the tone in this game is, burying some pretty heavy pathos under all the cute and silly mood.

Thanks for the LP!

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Tenebrais posted:

Aww, that last storybook is heart-wrenching. I kind of love how all over the place the tone in this game is, burying some pretty heavy pathos under all the cute and silly mood.

Thanks for the LP!

I think it really captures how those old 3D platformers were. Cutesy and cartoony and then out of nowhere there's a genuinely scary horror stage or something unexpectedly heart wrenching.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

So, uh, what's the translation of that message?

This game is so full of stupid/cute/funny easter eggs. You could fill several updates on finding them and probably still miss a few.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I forgot to put it in the video description, oops. Thank you for reminding me.

quote:

TWO STARS
A BLACK HOLE
GATEWAY OF LIGHT
THE FORGOTTEN TEMPLE
A MESSAGE OF HANDS
PILLARS OF FIRE
THE SOULS OF HIS PEOPLE
RAINING SUN
THE TRUTH BETWEEN TWO TRAVELERS OF TIME
A PEACEFUL GARDEN
THE PROMISE OF A HAT

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Man that last bit at the end was awesome. Does that translation maybe have anything to do with it, or have people already decrypted whatever that's supposed to mean?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
This was an excellent LP that I thoroughly enjoyed. If anything it's convinced me that a game I held in incredibly high regard prior to the LP is even better than I thought it was. So kudos.

I don't know how the game does it but every single level I played was an absolute joy, Hat Kid controls like a dream and it's just packed with such wild and wonderful stuff from top to bottom that it's basically impossible to get bored.

To an extent though my feelings about the game mirror the mad tone of the game itself. As far as I know this is the last game that I really loved playing and in the past year and a half or so since I played it, I've not really found anything that makes me happy in the way that Hat did or other games I've loved. So there's a wonderful memory wrapped up at this point in genuine fear that I will never find another game that I enjoy as much!

So I'm hoping that whatever Gears for Breakfast do next, it'll be able to scratch that itch.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Mod Showcase

In this video we check out a handful of cool community mods, as well as some official mods and the Challenge Road gameplay mode.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I believe Geothermal is a reference to Metroid Prime. The Mafia pipe and the final pumping station stand out in particular.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Death Wish: Have a Cool Day!

In this video we seal the deal.

Extra: Cruisin' for a Bruisin'

Yes, I lost my combo at 39 tasks. No, I didn't care enough to rerecord.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That shadow puppet outfit is adorable when she smiles.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

That's some crazy dedication to hats in time, props.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Death Wish: Presto! This Death Wish is now Harder!

And with this, A Hat in Time has come to an end. I'm glad I could show you all this game I truly adore, and I thank you for watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Now there's the Snatcher I remember!

I beat nearly all death wishes before the big nerf, so I was a little shocked to see how much easier they made him in the last video.

Thanks for the great LP.
This game's such a gem. And it is genuinely really fun to play.
I hope the team's next game can live up to its standards.