Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Just watched the latest David Attenborough doc and accidentally checked Twitter where a load of thumbs are getting furious at him for pointing out all the animals are dying instead of showing them some cute elephants.

They are going to drive us to extinction to own the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
You're not missing anything, his idiot grifter family took the poor oval office to Barbados through an international airport and killed him. That's just how it is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
having learned absolutely nothing apparently starmer is in the daily mail again about kids in schools?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

and accidentally checked Twitter

you know what you did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ewan posted:

Barbados isn't even that nice.

Relative to the UK it's loving paradise because it's not full of Brits

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Relative to the UK it's loving paradise because it's not full of Brits

despite the home offices best attempts

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

therattle posted:

Really? I heard it was to die for.
I mean... it's fine, just not the paradise people have in their heads. The beaches are mostly underwhelming and really thin, getting around is a pain, food is tremendously expensive, and there isn't a huge amount to do. I was there for a 2 week stag do + wedding - it was fun but by the end I was ready to come home.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ewan posted:

I mean... it's fine, just not the paradise people have in their heads. The beaches are mostly underwhelming and really thin, getting around is a pain, food is tremendously expensive, and there isn't a huge amount to do. I was there for a 2 week stag do + wedding - it was fun but by the end I was ready to come home.

It was a joke dawg. "To die for". Captain Tom dying. Do you see?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/31/the-guardian-view-on-labours-advance-halted-but-not-reversed

This is interesting. On the mobile app the comments shown are three in praise of starmer. If I select 'see more' the top three are disparaging of him and have more upvotes. I note comments are now closed. Can anyone else check this? It may be a coincidence but given the detachment from reality shown in the editorial I'm not sure.

E: looks like the comments shown initially are most recent, and clicking through leads to top rated. Interesting choice to close comments and leave them chronologically :thunk:

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 1, 2021

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jose posted:

having learned absolutely nothing apparently starmer is in the daily mail again about kids in schools?

it's what the money wants, it's what the money gets. blair is dancing to the same tune.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

StarkingBarfish posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/31/the-guardian-view-on-labours-advance-halted-but-not-reversed

This is interesting. On the mobile app the comments shown are three in praise of starmer. If I select 'see more' the top three are disparaging of him and have more upvotes. I note comments are now closed. Can anyone else check this? It may be a coincidence but given the detachment from reality shown in the editorial I'm not sure.

E: looks like the comments shown initially are most recent, and clicking through leads to top rated. Interesting choice to close comments and leave them chronologically :thunk:

guardian comments used to be the best thing about it, but they seem to only have them now for american “oh dear” or trump articles

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

StarkingBarfish posted:

I'm looking on the website: have you got them ordered by oldest, newest or recommendations on your mobile app?
On the website, top recommendation with 64 up votes is:

quote:

JBigglesworth
3 hours ago

Sorry. But this is desperate whistling in the dark by the Guardian.

The Guardian and the Blairites were complicit in destroying the best chance for a Labour government we've had in a decade.

They did that because they have done very well out of the status quo and knew that if Labour succeeded on an unashamedly Left Wing platform, then the triangulating, carreerist, Third Way Quorn Thatcherism project they have dedicated their careers to promoting, would be dead.

When Labour are slaughtered in May in Scotland and local elections against the background of epic corruption, incompetence and 100,000+ dead, will they finally get the message?

This country is crying out for change. Starmer is not it.

There are a couple of replies to that.

Then next recommendation is:

quote:

kbg541
3 hours ago

Sir Keir Starmer needs to explain why he voted for a Brexit deal that is bankrupting small businesses, but has no intention of changing it if he gets into power.

Sir Keir Starmer needs to explain why he supported a Covid-19 response form the Conservatives that killed over 100,000 people (constructive opposition means he owns BJ's world beating response as much as BJ).

Sir Keir Starmer needs to go.

What are you seeing?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They've protected their account. What was it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jedit posted:

a possible joke that they were playing ABBA and a neighbour asked them to stop out of respect for captain top being in hospital with covid

whats the best place to buy a sim free phone these days?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Since you'll be paying for the whole phone, literally anywhere.

Unless you mean second hand, then I guess Cex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New thread is up!

Jedit posted: