Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If any of them were burdened with actually understanding what words mean they wouldn't be twitter blue ticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Guavanaut posted:

Now, bring us a spidge of dogging,
Now, bring us a spidge of dogging,
Now, bring us a spidge of dogging, and bring it out here!

lmao

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

In case it wasn't obvious, here we have the rationale behind Sir Kier's brilliant tactics:

Lmao this rules. "when we challenged people they didn't like it" so loving what? The job is to change people's minds and nobody likes to put the effort in to changing their lovely opinions. You're going to piss people off when you tell them the first thing they heard is wrong.

Just dumb as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1355926407621304321?s=19

Captain Tom isn't doing well.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

namesake posted:

The Labour left need to regenerate around a post-Corbyn idea which has the same appeals without the bitterness of its end, maintain that concept through all the internal lower organ elections and policy votes winning on the idea, then agree a PM candidate which represents that idea best, then convince enough MPs that the candidate/ideology is better than Starmer, then convince the membership of that as well. It's an incredibly long term project.

I honestly think the Labour Left are too meek and accommodating to ever take control of the party, any attempt to reformulate a new popular left movement just seems like a waste of everyone's time if they're not willing to be as ruthless and pragmatic as the Right to marginalise their internal opponents and actually enact their agenda. And even now very few of them seem to have grasped what a pointless ordeal trying to thread the needle on antisemitism was, which doesn't inspire any confidence that they're going to be less credulous marks the next time it becomes the UK's media number one priority to discredit a left-wing politician again

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

who knew that flying a very elderly person out to Barbados and back over Christmas was a bad idea

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

who knew that flying a very elderly person out to Barbados and back over Christmas was a bad idea

I was getting worried by this sudden run of good news and seeming competence from the government, now this is the type insanely avoidable unforced error that makes you proud to be British again

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I apologize in advance.

I am sure he will walk it off.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Julio Cruz posted:

Apparently he's had pneumonia for the last few weeks. The family has actually killed the man to keep their scam going and get a free holiday.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

multijoe posted:

I honestly think the Labour Left are too meek and accommodating to ever take control of the party, any attempt to reformulate a new popular left movement just seems like a waste of everyone's time if they're not willing to be as ruthless and pragmatic as the Right to marginalise their internal opponents and actually enact their agenda. And even now very few of them seem to have grasped what a pointless ordeal trying to thread the needle on antisemitism was, which doesn't inspire any confidence that they're going to be less credulous marks the next time it becomes the UK's media number one priority to discredit a left-wing politician again

Left wingers marginalising internal opponents always gets called out as "stalinist purges". I think our left wing leadership has always had such a massive hang up about being likened to stalin that they'll do everything to accommodate their opponents. Failing to grasp is that they'll get called stalinist no matter what, and most vociferously by their strongest opponents, so they have literally nothing to lose.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe the secret is to treat our opponents with the same integrity and respond "ah, you're more of a Franco fan then?"

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

happyhippy posted:

I apologize in advance.

I am sure he will walk it off.

lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe the secret is to treat our opponents with the same integrity and respond "ah, you're more of a Franco fan then?"

And when they respond with an enthusiastic affirmative?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hire some Basque electricians.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

stev posted:

Apparently he's had pneumonia for the last few weeks. The family has actually killed the man to keep their scam going and get a free holiday.

Bit much, this.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not sure there is a better way to square the circle of "raising money to prevent coronavirus" with "going on holiday to barbados in the middle of lockdown, spiking their infections, and then dying of coronavirus."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If he'd stayed put for even another month he'd have had the jab too. Just a remarkably brass necked move from his family right on the eve of the mass vacination programme

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

*gives thumbs up from the sky *

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Think it's spot on tbh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This evening on Twitter, the Irish Health Minister is being driven off the internet by the collective power of the :thumbsup: emoji (check those replies)

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1355950183339712516?s=19

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

You're right, they may not have purposely killed him, they could just be thick as pig poo poo greedy wankers.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

This evening on Twitter, the Irish Health Minister is being driven off the internet by the collective power of the :thumbsup: emoji (check those replies)

lol the bloke with two people doing :thumbsup: in his profile picture too

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Ah, so AZ found 9 million doses under the sofa all of a sudden? That's not suspicious at all…

Still half of what they contractually agreed to ship and took 200 million euros for.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Jakabite posted:

You're right, they may not have purposely killed him, they could just be thick as pig poo poo greedy wankers.

I mean, am I missing something? Sure, going to Barbados is objectively a dumb thing to do, but everyone's now crowing about his ill health and saying his family are cunts, and it seems a bit overly vitriolic, even for this thread.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/g_gosden/status/1355910913673601025?s=19

:haw: :Because they're Conservatives!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

I mean, am I missing something? Sure, going to Barbados is objectively a dumb thing to do, but everyone's now crowing about his ill health and saying his family are cunts, and it seems a bit overly vitriolic, even for this thread.

people were saying his family were cunts before he got the covid

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/wednesdaysadums/status/1355973731156373506

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'm going to ring the social on captain tom's family for gross negligence

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

It's that guy for real? Hardline centrist. Anti-fascist

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Not gonna inflict an actual Mail link on the thread, but in their reveling over the EU vaccine u-turn today (another brilliant vindication of Bulldog Boris's Brexit Blinder), they actually call it 'Boris's Falklands Moment'.

Just completely loving diseased.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apraxin posted:

12 months of half measures during a pandemic will do that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lmao

https://twitter.com/DrJamesJBailey/status/1355948428472279041?s=19

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

That’s hilarious. Start playing the Death March

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
profound mental and physical sickness, is what's wrong here. sick man of not-europe.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The Perfect Element posted:

I think we're being quite kind considering twitter is currently speculating over which of his kids will get his scalp collection from the Burma campaign

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Apraxin posted:

Not gonna inflict an actual Mail link on the thread, but in their reveling over the EU vaccine u-turn today (another brilliant vindication of Bulldog Boris's Brexit Blinder), they actually call it 'Boris's Falklands Moment'.

Is the UK the Sir Galahad in this comparison?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Apraxin posted:

All the Gammon Youtube channel commentators are over gloating about it too.

Farage did a 1 year brexit anniversary vid today too, and the comments are either bots designed to incite or there are some really oblivious people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sinky posted:

Is the UK the Sir Galahad in this comparison?
HMS Sheffield would be more apt, lively debate 30 years later as to which of the dozen terrible missteps was to blame.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Barbados isn't even that nice.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Ewan posted:

Barbados isn't even that nice.

Really? I heard it was to die for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting