Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
at times like these i wonder if my bdsm sex eurocrat outfits were a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
We fuckign did it. welcome to Brexit country lads.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Grouchio posted:

I got to become a Lord over a square foot of Aberdeenshire land for christmas.

How about you?
My grandad said he used to piss up the side wall of a pub in the granite city regularly, so I'm fairly sure that's the same thing by dog law, which in all probability should at least stand on equal footing to British land law by the end of this year.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
If one person with a square foot kills all the other holders of squared feet, do they automatically obtain the title and can they combine it to actually become a real lord and get a castle and stuff?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Noxville posted:

I wondered why some people had been letting off fireworks at 11pm rather than waiting til midnight, until one of my friends on our Google Meet call suggested it was probably people celebrating Brexit since that officially happened at midnight CET. Fucks sake.

I had some fireworks going off from around 9pm here, so I think it was mainly for kids who didn’t stay up for midnight.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Regarde Aduck posted:

If one person with a square foot kills all the other holders of squared feet, do they automatically obtain the title and can they combine it to actually become a real lord and get a castle and stuff?
That's how it historically worked, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't now. But why start with the 1 sq ft owners?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Vagabong posted:

We fuckign did it. welcome to Brexit country lads.

Do we get Brannigans back now

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
wait where are the proper metal dustbins :manning:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Convex posted:

Do we get Brannigans back now

Just when I thought that wound had healed.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
This year is going to be a wiiiiiild ride, mafriends :hehe:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

Didn't hear any of that here. Scotland wins again

I heard it here. There'd been fireworks going off occasionally since about 8pm though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Guavanaut posted:

That's how it historically worked, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't now. But why start with the 1 sq ft owners?

*Points at a random sparrow* Once I deal with DEFRA I'm comin' for youse

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

crispix posted:

wait where are the proper metal dustbins :manning:

And the proper men who carried them, smilingly, no matter how heavy, over their shoulders while not dropping rubbish all over the path and not demanding Christmas Boxes with menaces lest your garden be covered with a variety of organic and non-organic detritus.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Back in the day when they'd come into your yard and collect the bins, proper gents, mind you if any of these modern bin men came into my yard I'd have to demand ID. Not because I'm racist, I'm not, I've got the not racist card signed by Trevor Phillips, but some of these modern bin men you see...

Ms Adequate posted:

*Points at a random sparrow* Once I deal with DEFRA I'm comin' for youse
I think I could gather a few dozen persons of shot and pike and take *checks land list* Anders Holch Povlsen who looks like a bad goon who got banned from the forums. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Happy new year you good and gentle souls.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
gonna go out on a limb and bet that 2021 is going to be even more poo poo than 2020

happy new year!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

There's been mass divestment from Arctic oil and gas exploration as one of the positive things on record for 2020, so 2021 might see Ms. A acquire some sounding equipment of a truly terrifying scale if that's your thing.

UKMT January - December 2021: truly terrifying sounding things

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Niric posted:

UKMT January - December 2021: truly terrifying sounding things

NOW we're talking

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Happy new year from the UKMT Solidarity Fund.

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you so much to everyone who has donated through 2020, we know times are tough for everyone right now and your support has been incredible. Thanks to the incredible generosity of goons we've been able to help many goons deal with significant issues and we honestly couldn't have done it without the goon community.

It's been overwhelming to see the goon response to our project and a year ago when we were in the final planning we genuinely did not expect the level of support we've seen or the applicant numbers. We could not have done this without the UKMT community, it's been a humbling experience to be a part of this.

Thank you.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

NOW we're talking
I'm not even sure how you'd convert this to a sex thing

but after the year that has happened I'm willing to be open minded about it. It's definitely better as a sex thing than an arctic drilling thing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
RSfuckingPB?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

merry new year everyone except *rolls dice* that poster who wants to shag Brenda

you know who you are

thanks for reminding me about the field I lost my job in as the new year starts you fuckr

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

thanks for reminding me about the field I lost my job in as the new year starts you fuckr

I heard there are some, uh, interesting positions in this field being opened up in 2021

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel very much In Control of all nearby fish. Like Aquaman, only with a big red gammony face and strong opinions about minorities.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Niric posted:

I heard there are some, uh, interesting positions in this field being opened up in 2021

honestly I'm hoping to use ties to further my music career

the inventor of autotune was in a similar position and I hope to copy their success despite being many times less talented

not as untalented as the people who use autotune tho [absorbs negative responses to gain strength]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well, if there's a way that it can be shoved into an organ in order to generate a pleasurable response then I'm sure that not only will it be profitable in this new coming year but also that there will be people itt who are best placed to configure it so.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Happy new year folks from me and the pod crew!

Thanks to all of you who listen to our bullshit and to everyone of you that’s donated to support the running costs of the pod.

We’re going to open up for more donations again at some point soon, this time with the aim of cutting the running costs while simultaneously getting us access to some good video editing software for a special project (do not ask about the project) we’ll be undertaking in 2021. I’m excited about what we’ve got planned and I hope you’ll enjoy it when it finally comes to fruition :)

It will also mean I will need to do less begging posts for the Sanitary Naptime Tory Blairite Trust Fund which can only be a good thing for all of us.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanitary Naptime posted:

the Sanitary Naptime Tory Blairite Trust Fund
Kathleen Stock has already taken all of that for this year, so anything you need for the good podcast, just ask :v:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Happy new year, you beautiful earnest losers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Following the established pattern I slept through the new year in the hopes of improving the outcome.

Hello 2021 goons of the future.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

OwlFancier posted:

Following the established pattern I slept through the new year in the hopes of improving the outcome.

Hello 2021 goons of the future.

It's very good here how are you.

About to nod off myself.

Also happy new year everyone!

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

They set up and maintain nature reserves, it's their big thing.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Those birds have had it too good for too long.

Also side bar to how much I hate golf courses and the insane amount of area they take up that's totally wasted and unusable unless you are a member of their clubs.

I live next to one and I can't walk through it unless it's on one of the paths, even though getting into town would be nearly 20 mins quicker if I could cut across one of the holes.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Woke up feeling very Sovereign

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/sarah_emilyp/status/1344798710836973570?s=21

This country is gravely ill

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The skynet takeover is going to be much more terrifying than I had thought.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Niric posted:

We crawl up no man's rear end here, what makes you think we'll start crawling up his dick?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

They even got him to sieg heil .

The last ten years of politics can be summed up in the image of a fat, red faced middle aged man wearing a fleece and bawling his eyes out in his land rover screaming "DAAAAADDDDYYYYY":cry::cry::cry:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i did a spit take when i saw that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/595112367358406656