Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I think the government made the plague on purpose. Don't believe me? It's all in the numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/ProfTimBale/status/1344959271742615553

IDS is stealing one of David Davis's lines here, I have this sitting on my hard disk from 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_JF5s8wfSA

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/WestminsterWAG/status/1345099745778393088?s=19

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The British rep for humour has suffered from a decade of TV panel shows dominated by the same twenty-odd faces, imo.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Nutapii posted:

I am completely uneducated on these matters, so this is a question - You're told to finish antibiotics as otherwise what you're left with is the strong ones that are now antibiotic resistant.

Are viruses so different to bacteria that this isn't an evolutionary driver that will come from having one vaccine dose (whether this is as the effects are all the virus dies or no virus dies, or they evolve too slowly), or will we end up making a bunch of small variants across our population?

As I understand it, the vaccine teaches the body to recognise the part of the virus that makes it so it transmissible, so any mutation that avoids the vaccine will likely not be as quick to spread.

The vaccine doses themselves doesn't fight the virus, they teach your body to fight it. Underdosing merely means you might "vaccinate" people and then they still get it, which isn't great from a number of perspectives.

Letting the virus run wild will generally increase the chances of viable mutations anyway though, which is pretty much what is happening already.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Nothing will put people off Boris quite like bringing back the hugely successful slogan that he won the last election off the back of.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Ewan posted:

I have a 65 inch TV and I do not need to be 6 feet away to see the difference between 1080p and 4k. And I am pretty sure I can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p at 12 feet.

As someone notes in the comments, the graph is based off a very pessimistic level for average human eye acuity, possibly derived from the marketing materials for Apple's Retina displays.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Wind and solar got a lot better in the last couple of decades and Britain is apparently not too poo poo at them, hence we keep breaking our record for days run without coal.

Endjinneer posted:

In darkest Somerset, there used to be a place where they'd tie pylons up and do all sorts of things to them...

Like, y'know, systematic full scale testing to identify complex modes of failure in an era before reliable computer analysis.

Saw one of these in Sarajevo, big spooky things they are.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

sebzilla posted:

I'm hoping for the triumphant return of El Nombre.

Writing numbers in the desert sand!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Unicode could handle that fine with combining characters :colbert:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

XMNN posted:

yes, she loves dawn raids

also if they bring back capital punishment she will enjoy that, especially if they let her do the throttling herself

Does anyone have that tweet where the different ministers are saying what inspires them, and it's all saccarine nonsense except Patal who says 'dawn raids'?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's just a particularly aspirational variant on "The real, liberal Boris Johnson appears to have gone forever... but what if?"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's literally that he used to be all that but as a journalist peer, where they're accustomed to excusing it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Jack Monroe is pretty much rattling off the TV liberal consensus from before May resigned, Anna Soubry being invited on the Last Leg and all that.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Paul Mason going full Time Trumpet

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1349440494321991680?s=19

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I'd like to see Boris J wiggle his way out of this jam!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Even just aside from anything else, she was thirty loving years ago. The Soviet Union was still a pressing concern when Thatcher was in power. Find some new ideas, anywhere, please.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

A friend who worked at Fettes told me that Tony Blair sent the school an unprompted bust of his own head.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1351508542675681281
Nate from trashfuture is now on his third consecutive day of having big-brained twitter lawyers try to work out if he's secretly Christian.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Loving the incredible new tactical ploy this morning by the Foreign Secretary, we're going to force the individual EU nations to negotiate with us by pretending the EU doesn't really exist.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Junior G-man posted:

The EU, since the moment of Brexit, has screamed, shouted, whispered, written, and written with drones in the sky "you don't negotiate individually with us, you negotiate with the bloc through the Commission".

Now that the hardest part is over (i.e. keeping all the cats in line during the negotiations), why on earth do these people think that now it's time to divide and conquer?

Bobstar posted:

17th time's a charm!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Does anyone have that one shitpost with "I've read the Magnum Carte D'Or"?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Maugrim posted:

E: app hosed up the link. Search Guavanaut's posts about halfway through the December thread

Got it, cheers.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

If anything that seems low for piggos. Mine do that many when I put them on a mat while I clean the cage.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

When I posted the provocative statement littered with clap emojis on a public forum, I was actually engaging in a quiet discussion with my close friends that you've interrupted by disagreeing with me.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Guavanaut posted:

I call everyone at the temple a slur and then start a war, problem solved.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Angepain posted:

i miss being able to do university-level abstract mathematics. one day i will find my notes and remember what exactly all those words in algebraic topology meant. probably won't ever understand category theory though, i have accepted that about myself

"arrows"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm confused: is the Astra Zeneca vaccine the same thing as the Oxford vaccine?

Almost needless to say, but it's "the Oxford Vaccine" when it's good news and it's "the Astra-Zeneca vaccine" when it's bad.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's really actually quite stark.

BBC:

ITV:

Independent:

Mail:

V same!

josh04 fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Guavanaut posted:

SOPHIE is dead. :( Sudden accident, no further details.

Oh that loving sucks, she was extremely cool and made good music.