Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Happy new year, you beautiful earnest losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

They even got him to sieg heil .

The last ten years of politics can be summed up in the image of a fat, red faced middle aged man wearing a fleece and bawling his eyes out in his land rover screaming "DAAAAADDDDYYYYY":cry::cry::cry:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Old men, running the world. A New Age!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
IDS isn't even upper class he just married rich after faking his entire CV.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Not the UK, but the energy the UK should take forward.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1345117855293919233?s=19

Hell yeah.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If I was Black in America I'd probably feel police brutally is just as big an issue as Covid. At least covid won't beat me to death in Broad daylight for mistakenly paying with a fake $20.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Oh it's a wanking post

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ewan posted:

It's not defamation when the public knows she is already an absolute twat

Yeah but the goal isn't to be right it's to use your money and power to humiliate and leave destitute anyone that stands up to them.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1346049779550343168

They'll probably just do it anyway.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

To do what? The Tories have a majority and the opposition isn't saying anything that disagrees with them. We essentially have a GONU. This is just a liberal saying "This is a big problem so we need a BIG empty gesture".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

lol the Tories hosed up so badly that they had to make up a new English Virus strain to explain it and got Christmas cancelled but it's all memory holed a week later. Good of Keir not to say anything that could have made people pay attention to that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
For four and a half years we were told that every time Labour didn't have a response ready within ten minutes of an event happening that it showed how terrible Corbyn was, how out of date and slow he was. They'd retweet whatever boiler plate nonsense the Lib Dems posted with phrases like "the real opposition". They'd suppress info on the right wing of Labour deliberately sabotaging communications and briefing against Corbyn to the press.

All for this. So that this flailing sweaty ham could gently caress up opposition to Boris Johnson going into a lockdown months late and not even call for better sick pay or provisions for rent arrears. This is the Labour party as they meant it to be. This is the kind of opposition they wanted. This is the Labour party fully operational.

They threw away your future for this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Education doesn't work when you have a media that will broadcast bullshit purely for reaction and treat it as on par with experts.

Having said that making it a crime not to get the vaccine plays into those bullshitter's hands as they treat it like a conspiracy.

I don't know what the solution is but killing Rupert Murdoch (in Minecraft) would probably help.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I believe there should be legal ramifications for publishing anti science bollocks up to and including ten years in prison, but only because I believe that to be the quickest way to put the entirety of British Journalism behind bars.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/1346785099321368580?s=19

Lol

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The EHRC refused to investigate tory islamophobia but did investigate Welsh and Scottish universities for anti English bias.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bit of rough housing with some scallywags

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Picked the wrong week to get banned from twitter again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's an English Virus it only makes sense that the English would be more affected.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

justcola posted:

I struggle to understand the thinking of the authors of articles like this - not just the stupid 'things should be worse actually' takes - but that they are obviously going to get looked into within minutes of the article being posted to see how big a hypocrite they are.

Guess someone else should have been picked for that scholarship because this lad has poo poo for brains

They're getting paid and the people paying them don't give a poo poo and the majority of the people who read it won't find out hes a massive hypocrite.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I got a certificate from my work saying thank you with a link to the benefits page with nothing new on it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hey ill pay you one cup of coffee to gently caress off

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I like coffee but not enough to go out and work on the front lines of a plague.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gort posted:

Is it a binary choice between those two things?

SERVICE GUARANTEES A MOCCA

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jesus Christ.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/ClientJournoExp/status/1347628215976796162?s=19

Telegraph with the sensitive headlines.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

josh04 posted:

It's just a particularly aspirational variant on "The real, liberal Boris Johnson appears to have gone forever... but what if?"

I've always found it weird that people called Johnson a socially Liberal tory. The man has always been a racist, homophobic, sexist piece of poo poo but because he's so terrible at covering up that he can't keep his dick in his trousers they treat him as if he's only playing a character rather than just being a massive, obvious hypocrite.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

That's liberalism.

I mean yeah but I was talking about the made up version they make for themselves that they're somehow moral and decent people who are beyond racism, sexism and homophobia.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I can't tell if it's gaining traction because people care about poor kids or if nobody gives a gently caress about the kids they just don't like to see their taxes spent so nakedly poorly.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Not gonna lie, want one of those posh school meal boxes now.

https://twitter.com/lordpasola/status/1348787897034551297

Four treats for the posh boys and gorls. A milkshake cup full of room temperature tuna for the poor boys and girls.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DesperateDan posted:

10 months or so ago when the first school lockdowns were coming into play, I got served a very similar "hamper" (a torn and pre-used carrier bag) that largely consisted of a loaf of shitewhite, some eggs of unknown provenance, around a kilo of spuds and a bunch of green bananas. Many others had similar experiences.

This time around there seems to be more traction but the usual suspects are already lining up with the old classics

"We cant give them money because they will spend it on crack and prostitutes"

"We cant give them vouchers because even though it's a technical impossibility they will spend it on booze and fags, my mates cousins brothers stepmum who knows someone who works at morrisons swears its happening"

"Well someone needs to tell them to sell the only forms of entertainment they have before they can access help, and also frivolous things like a basic phone contract need to end- they can contact their employers via smoke signals instead… just make sure it's not from a cigarette"

The complete refusal to do anything for anybody because someone somewhere might do something against very strict protestant morality never fails to shock me. Just the weakest excuse for apathy to the suffering of others dressed up as wise morality. I hate it.

And even if the parent receiving £30 spent 2/3rds of that on booze and fags they'd have still gotten more for their money than what they got in these "Hampers".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Yeah it's a joke. Various local shops started doing fruit & veg delivery boxes during the pandemic and for under £30 from them you can get a box packed with stuff that lasts over a week and is heavy enough that it's hard to lift but somehow a big company doing things at scale just shoves in a fiver's worth of stuff and boom job done, profit made and don't care about the recipients. It's legit sickening

What's infuriating is that it isn't a £5 worth of food. It's what you'd pay for it shopping in Asda. This is a company that deals in scale purchase and bulk buying. They not only get the stuff going into these hampers at a massively reduced cost they have a huge amount of produce that needs to be used up before it rots and is wasted. They could have put £50 worth of supermarket priced food in these kits and not lost a penny. But they wouldn't have made as much money. Its naked evil and selfishness.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I guess you really can be bis3xual, alt, mentally ill, liberal and have a tory cabinet minister as a father and make it work. Thank you for showing it's possible 420bandobaby

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Some friends turned to drink and drugs says ticktok poster 420bandobaby who's previous posts include saying that she can't smoke weed anymore because she's got Covid symptoms and how she'd spend three birthdays worth of money for an ounce.

Next up we talk to Priti Patel about how she wants harsher sentences for middle class drug takers.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/CallumCant1/status/1348966149548072960?s=19

It's always good when they just come out and say it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's a meritocracy you see

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Is that a loving bank bag?

Amazing, considering the people its going to have gently caress all cash.

edit: Nah I'm not buying it, too insanely ridiculous to be real, clearly a psyop to discredit Jack Monroe.

Satire is so dead Azalia Banks is digging it up and cooking it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/HarrietHarman/status/1348741678711115777?s=19

Jesus Christ.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1349086379926544384?s=19

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Another distressed fishmonger. This one did vote brexit 'for the grandchildren'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55631622

This one is from the Hex-press Sept 2019:
hex/news/uk/1183363/brexit-news-no-deal-boris-johnson-wales-fisheries-nerys-edwards-syren-shellfish

There's something deep within the British mind where people have internalised that "Suffering for a better future" means that any and all suffering is rewarded in the future. A big part of tory campaigning is just incredibly posh people saying "I'm going to make you suffer to make things better" and people buy it as common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The article rules, Ralf writes that he was so mad about Corbyn that he started shouting at his kids and had a heart attack.