Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Convex posted:

Do we get Brannigans back now

Just when I thought that wound had healed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Thirding this. A really underappreciated gem. Me and my partner still shout PAUL BUFANO ITS PAUL BUFANO each other semi-regularly

The hot dog car crash scene is maybe the funniest comedy scene of the past 20 years. It's such a dumb conceit played to absolute perfection because Tim Robinson was given a gift from god at playing outraged to the point of hysteria.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

peanut- posted:

The VAT changes are good. It means Amazon, eBay etc will actually have to collect and pay VAT from their international sellers.

It will mean some small vendors whose UK sales are below a few thousand and who sell directly (rather than under a marketplace umbrella) will find it too much headache and won’t ship to the UK. But yeah international trade is complex and sometimes that poo poo happens.

If you genuinely believe this means Amazon etc will pay all the taxes they owe, to the point where it's worth killing the businesses of thousands of smaller businesses, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tarnop posted:

Bets on BBC educational programming becoming a new front in the culture wars?

I won't even take your money on that bet. It'll be trending on twitter the moment a host who isn't white appears.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

As always, the UK isn't a state, it's an elaborate money laundering operation. At least the Caymans get some loving sun.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Buckfast's grand. Please ignore the fact that I'm from the west of Scotland when I say that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Cefte posted:

I remember back around 2009, one of the faceless right-wing think-tanks in London forgot to properly copy-edit their regurgitated Republican pablum, and put out an anti-tax screed saying that the people of Bicester were fed-up with overreach by the federal government. It's not usually that egregious, but the turnover of the Presidency has absolutely given the US right their talking points, and we're buffeted by the backwash.

We export our transphobia, so it's only a fair swap.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The only vegan haggis I've had was better than the meat version.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gort posted:

Where is this utopia where weed's easier to get than cigarettes

A whole lot of places. Fags are pretty expensive in comparison to weed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The only school subject I learned anything practical from was music, because I was shut in a cupboard with a bass guitar and now I can still play most of Metallica's Black Album, which has more practical application than anything I ever learned for a maths exam.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Is your name Darren?

It isn't, I'm afraid.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Lungboy posted:

He voted for Boris as Mayor, not PM.

Oh, phew, he just voted for the cause, not the effect.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Have you considered developing an expensive Japanese wrestling habit? It could eat up all your free time AND cost you loads with subscriptions to every company's streaming service. Donate money to Big Japan so they can afford to buy light tubes and wooden boards covered in razor blades for their death matches.

A sombre ad pointing out for just a few pounds a month, you too could fund those shards of glass embedded in Jun Kasai's scalp.

But seriously, watching wrestling is a fun hobby because there's so much of it constantly. WWE alone (and let me be clear, WWE is a puddle in comparison to how deep wrestling as an industry goes) put out something like 12 hours of new content every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Teenage girls are just as capable as teenage boys of doing bizarrely cruel things for no reason.