Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Happy 2021 goons. I'm glad you all got through 2020, much love to those of you with friends/family who didn't.

I look forward to this government using up all of the country's doses of the Pfizer vaccine while making nobody immune. It will take true Tory innovation to continue making each year worse than the last, but they're up to the challenge.

https://twitter.com/Azeem_Majeed/status/1344915726331768832?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

They could practice some illicit cross border trade that might be needed over the coming years. Tier 4 groceries exchanged for Tier 2 restaurant doggy bags over whatever hedgerow/carpark barrier designates the border.

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Went to a post of his about Covid and how apparently an awful lot of people have become tankies now. Comments are full of incredible rifles who can't comprehend that context exists, for example in explaining why mass lockdowns to deal with the worst pandemic in a century is different from mass lockdowns for no reason whatsoever, and thus the calculus of "is this a tolerable imposition on personal liberty" is radically altered.

I was going to say that British people need never worry about needless lockdowns because their desires to sit indoors in a pub during summer and to have some sort of family Christmas (outside London) were kowtowed to when a stricter lockdown might have been "needful". Then I remembered that the British state can be pretty lethal when it wants to be. I think I know who would win in British state vs Tim Martin and his band of merry Freemen on the Magna Carta, if they really wanted to keep people indoors for no reason.

Not to say that the British state hasn't been lethal during the past year. 100k dead, yeahhh boooyy.