Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Those birds have had it too good for too long.

Also side bar to how much I hate golf courses and the insane amount of area they take up that's totally wasted and unusable unless you are a member of their clubs.

I live next to one and I can't walk through it unless it's on one of the paths, even though getting into town would be nearly 20 mins quicker if I could cut across one of the holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

When Scotland gets independence we are talking Auld Lang Syne with us

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Also please don't buy books off of Amazon. Support local bookshops at bookshop.org

E. Didn't realise those were free. Still point stands

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Seems pretty irresponsible to hold a mass gathering. Even if you do think you have things under control.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

China does have it completely under control and they know they do because of their crazy surveillance

Fair enough. Seems a bit risky still.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Plenty of countries had it under control then had outbreaks again

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

We just never bothered having it under control.

Almost back over 1,000 deaths per day.

Imagine if we'd handled it competently at the ports in February.

Yep, we had the opportunity to lock down the country like NZ did way back in March but the Tories, SNP and the rest hosed it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lungboy posted:

Not sure the SNP have the power to shut their borders so this is all on the Tories.

They could have done a poo poo load more than sit back and watch what the Tories did and then follow that.

Iirc the SNP has enough devolved power to shut the border. They did just before xmas.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Bournemouth/Poole/Christchuch got moved into tier 4 a few days back, but not Dorset county council. Sounds simple, but in practice due to the way the new council lines were drawn up after the mergers we now have a situation in Hamworthy thats utterly absurd. All the shops are on one side of the main road which falls under BCP council. But over the road is the majority of the housing in Hamworthy, which falls under Dorset council. Now they cant go to the shop 100 yards away to buy food as this is entering a tier 4 area and you're not allowed to do that according to our MP. This means they now need to go nearly 10 miles to the next nearest supermarket in the Dorset council area, yet all their kids can mingle in the school thats in tier 4 and they can all go to work in Tier 4's Sunseeker yard down the road.

Someone please tell me this is not right?

This happened in West Lothian too.

There is a Tesco's that borders a Tier 2 and Tier 4 region

The Tier 4 could access it but the Tier 2 had to Travel right the way across the other side of the region to access the shops not in a tier 4 zone.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

I got my areas mixed up, its Upton not Hamworthy but its still the same thing.

Also its just stupid isn't it. All those people that work in those stores will be travelling into tier 4 to do their work, but they cant shop there. Stupid system.

My boss' house is in a tier 2 area (before everywhere became tier 4). But again, it's on a region boundary so technically if goes to the end of the road he's in a tier 4.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

kyojin posted:

Raids on differently tiered areas presumably count as buccaneering?

Depends. If he stands in his area with a fishing rod and hooks things as they go by. He's not leaving his area

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

My god that website.

It looks like one of those intentionally vulnerable web sites used to practice ethical hacking on.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

both famous for having the people wearing red getting absolutely destroyed

And having a co worker that's completely devoid of emotion

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sinky posted:

Tory owns an actual slavery era sugar plantation :lol:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1345666693914374145?s=20

Probably inherited it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Well the US is actually closer to a 3rd world country than it is a first world...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Reminder that pissflaps got away with that poo poo for years because everyone decided it was 'trolling'. Always take these dickheads at full sincerity and treat them accordingly.

Too many people get away with being assholes because they hide behind being a "troll" or "gimmick poster".

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Oh hey I got pinged for that last year too

My boss essentially said "I think this is bullshit because you have been dealing with a lot but HR have asked me to "have the talk"."

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

mrpwase posted:

Why the hell is it still called human resources, it's chilling. Personnel is right there.

Our is called "People Operations"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/KeohaneDan/status/1353285652150947841

:chloe:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

knox_harrington posted:

I really wonder about people who work in HR. I can't think of any HR functions or systems that are for the benefit of employees. Every aspect is soul cancer.

Is there any way you can do that if you're not a complete psychopath?

I wonder if it's a thing of "I genuinely believe I'm helping" like some politicians believe.

Like, there are good HR workers, like some police officers and landlords, but systemically in the end they are repping a corp.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kin posted:

There was also something on after Marr saying that Scotland almost eradicated the Covid strains we had last summer but people leaving and coming over the border with England brought new strains in. If true, maybe a hard border wouldn't be so bad if it ended up interfering with the distribution of stupidity.

This is what pissed me off. We loving had it under control, in my region we were down to like 2 new cases a week.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

stev posted:

I generally only ever smoke when I'm drunk enough to forget how horrible it is and someone offers. I always regret it as soon as I've sobered up and feel like someone's shoved a razorblade down my throat.

You arent supposed to eat the cigarette

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

We got a veggie and a regular haggis tonight.

Both were very good.

The Neeps were gash though because I couldn't get a proper one so had to go with frozen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If anyone is looking for good non-meat burgers then the Moving Mountains burgers are really good.

Their hotdogs are also better than any "real" hotdog I've had.