Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Happy new year you good and gentle souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The fact that they set this up as 'tiers with exceptions' rather than lockdown just means that people can justify their behaviour as being an exception.

Looking back at particular things that caused people to stop giving a gently caress about isolating I reckon there's a big three;

1. Cummings doing his disease-ridden UK tour and then the Prime Minister saying it was Good Actually and in fact is morally much better for a father to do than following the rules is.

2. The BLM street protests and every lib-left idiot excusing them as 'ah but donchano racism is the real disease'.

3. The government ordering people that were working from home perfectly well to pointlessly go back into localised workplaces. The gov hosed up almost every stage of this crisis but that was the most nakedly stupid moment.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Convex posted:

As someone in Dorset this preceded the mass influx to Bournemouth and Poole beaches with many saying that they stopped giving a poo poo because of Cummings. I mean a lot of them probably would have done it anyway but I think you can definitely pin it as one of the things that hosed everything up

The Cummings moment was definitely when a lot of middle class patriot types stopped caring. Until then it was blitz spirit but once Bojo made it a one-rule-for-X-one-rule-for-Y thing a ton of people were like 'well frankly I consider myself more a Y'

Jakabite posted:

2. was never excused by anyone with a brain as that. Most on the left and within the BLM movement agreed it wasn't ideal timing but ultimately social flashpoints often don't come at ideal moments - I cannot blame any black person for taking that risk to make the world a better place for themselves and every other black person, or anyone else for going along as an ally.

It's definitely true that flashpoints have to be seized as they emerge, and morally BLM are sound, but there is no reason why the movement couldn't build without moronic mass street protests. It's bizarre that you "cannot blame any black person for taking that risk" do you think the young people of any race that went out were actually at risk themselves? The massive joke was we had UK idiots chanting "I can't breathe" while directly spreading a respiratory illness that would literally and actually stop vulnerable people from being able to breathe. gently caress those cunts, they achieved nothing except killing a few people more vulnerable than them.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Jakabite posted:

Except they didn't do that at all. The protests didn't cause any uptick in COVID, as reported everywhere about 6 months ago.

Sources: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...nt9Nyn_TSiCP_CD

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...5ouQBU7NEtBHHwk

The first article is paywalled, the second explictly ties any effects of the protests to 'the reopening' which is presumably relevant to Texas or whatever.

If you have some strong evidence that social distancing doesn't actually stop the spread of pathogens, against the consensus of the world this last year, then gotta be honest post the studies don't post The Economist opinion pieces.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

BLM protests were largely not covid superspreader events because THEY HAPPENED OUTDOORS. Catching covid outside has, albeit via very limited data, been shown to be way less dangerous if you even are unlucky enough to catch it in the open air.

The obvious implication of your idiot point is that everyone who had to say goodbye to a dying loved one over an ipad this year should have just nipped outside for a bit? How cruel of those nurses not to allow that obvious solution. Outdoor raves, shooting events, dogging presumably, THEY HAPPEN OUTDOORS it's fine.

Gosh you are so loving wise.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 2, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

We shat it. It's far too late to equivocate about climate change & hope people change their behaviour & use less power, we have to move to renewables now. Wind works & is a drat sight better than continued desertification of the Sahel regions leading to increased global food insecurity.

What do you mean by "Wind works"? Wind power generation is absolute dogshit, wind and solar combined are dogshit, we cannot power anything close to the demands of Western urban centres with renewables even if we include nuclear continuing at the current level which 1. is its own can of worms 2. isn't happening anway all those fuckers will be gone in the UK by 2030.

Even with the best will in the world we can't just 'move to renewables', even if we did a Total War level of national infrastructure clean energy investment we still couldn't 'move to renewables' and maintain anything close to our current level of power availability. Assuming no magical technologies emerge individual people living in rich countries reducing their power usage absolutely has to be part of the solution and that change is far more realistic a prospect than "wind works/renewables can save us".

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

This is where we are and there's no point in trying to save the union as a whole when it condemns entire sections of society to needless pain and strife

There is no other path forward that doesn't rely on expecting the already marginalised to suffer what they must until leftist ideals are a majority held opinion in a land that seems to reflexively attack anything even remotely resembling a blurred facsimile of it.

How much longer do others have to wait for England to get its poo poo together?

Gonna defend Ash Crimson this is a really solid point, when a lefty alternative was presented shedloads of scots nats did forgo the assumed nationalism and support it

She's a genuine racist and I don't like nationalism but it is a pertinent question, if there exists a genuinely lefty voting bloc with an extremely imperfect but real separatist choice and the status quo is Starmers Labour then maybe? Seems like the scots did more to help a unionist lefty than britain writ large did so they clearly aren't just Braveheart wankers.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

How the gently caress am i a genuine racist?

You tell me about the how luv, I just see your posts not really given any thought to how they came to be.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

funny to see Vitamin P getting licks in too since they were also someone treated with a lot of hostility

I get hostility because I'm a contrarian arsehole, am very comfortable with that, Ash gets hostility because she's constantly and coherently a white-noise ethnonationalist it's not the same.

CoolCab posted:

man do you remember that time endlessmonotony declared me a blood and soil fascist for saying guto bebb is a star wars name

fuckin lmao "guto bebb" is 100% a star wars name

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

namesake posted:

The difference is that some parts of the internet are left wing.

Our beloved Private Tech Corporations are apparently the good guys now though, and we're all just so grateful for their wise censorship.

Some parts of the internet are left wing for now mate but just give them a few years, "Not denouncing the Corbyn regime is spreading antisemitism" "Unionised workplaces discriminate against undocumented people" "Mandatory maternity leave hurts women that choose to work" "Gentrification? these black and brown capitalists are ending that slur" If you don't think a potential actual threat to capital interests won't be treated much more harshly than the nazi larpers were then you're just silly. This wierd justification for authoritarianism will gently caress lefties over and the libs will be insufferable false-morality cunts about it too.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

"The cruelty is the point" obviously sounds wierd to normies but it does communicate a really fierce truth that capital has already won and its goal now is just running up the score/actively grinding the poor into depression/systemically crushing any potential whiff of dissent.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Do not, my friends, become addicted to dumb filter apps, it will take hold of you and you'll start imagining propaganda Pixar films about how our current crop of scum are actually just loveable goofballs

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Kaal posted:

Ok those are actually really well done.

Yeah it is real competent tbh. The app is obviously designed to do female presenting faces more than male presenting faces, like it does variations of long hair really well but 100% cannot identify the existence of a beard, but it's legit fun to play around with.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

TBH with the general demoralisation of London in general, the specific demonisation of Khan and the deliberate sabotage being pulled by Westminster (and the fact that - to judge by the increasingly desperate emails I'm still getting from my former CLP - that Labour are *really* struggling for campaign funds and staff) he might be in with a better chance than even he believes.

Obviously Khan has been targetted by the right-wing press (I wonder why) and is 100% a better choice than Bailey but I'm not surprised that London Labour isn't bringing in anything close to the donations and activist support Khan had in 2016. Just speaking personally last go round I knocked on doors for a few afternoons for Khan but won't be doing that again, he's done gently caress all to help renters and hasn't even used the bully pulpit of his position to push the issue, and it really feels like he's pissed on his lefty support with an eye on potential Centrist Labour Leadership.

I can't see Bailey winning but Khan has definitely hosed what could have been a sure thing.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

bessantj posted:

I thought even the IMF had come out against austerity.

The Labour right are the worst human beings imaginable.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Counterpoint: The conservative party exists.

The Conservative Party are like if orcs were real, they're this inhuman amorphous horde of disgusting creatures that the DM only made so the heroes have something to vanquish, if we happened to be something other than late-capitalist then tories would be servants of the authoritarian state or the theocracy or the night king or whatever they're just a no-soul black mold that destroys things. The Labour right make a pretence at humanity though, they pretend at acknowledging empathy, decency, national functioning etc before they nope it all so you are right, the tories are worse human beings than the Labour right are, but the Labour right annoy me more.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Tories are shitlords right in your face, Blue Labour will pretend that they're sad while doing the exact same things, which is just adding insult to injury. Also they're occupying seats that are almost universally safe and could be occupied by people who actually looked at the name of the party when they signed up, and so are actually more of an active impediment to change than the Tories.

Yeah that's a big part of it, the Labour right are also blocking a potential vector for positive change by just squatting there with a red rosette on not doing anything. There's a reason that when Thatcher was asked what her greatest triumph was she said "Blair and New Labour," the lass was not stupid.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Dead Goon posted:

Isn't the reason for anti-vaxers worldwide just idiocy?

Sort of? It's more an expression of massive distrust in the relevant power structures ie big pharma, the establishment media and the government don't have your best interests at heart so be suspicious of anything they tell you to do, and then there's the psychosexual element that it's something you can't understand invading your body.

I honestly don't blame anyone for hating and fearing every single element of our existing power apparatus and the idea that 'they hate me and want to enslave me with wiles' ergo gently caress the vaccine is understandable as gently caress if the person doesn't have class consciousness.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

therattle posted:

What about anti-vaxxers who do have class consciousness?

Seem fringe enough to be ignorable.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

We've all been owned by how he's turned out but there were legit reasons to be excited by Khan back in the day. In 2015 he put his vote towards Corbyn being allowed on the ballot, his life story is genuinely inspiring, regardless of competence or character a non-white mayor of London happening does mean something representationally, he's funny and sharp-witted and genuinely seemed like he gave a poo poo about working people.

That said emotional investment and hopes for someone not being poo poo doesn't mean you can ignore it when they turn out to be poo poo.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

sinky posted:

Seems the Tory mayoral candidate who thinks homeless people should save for a deposit has other scorching hot takes

Beginning to think this guy might be a massive oval office.

"If you give poor people lots of money, they buy things, and not always what they need; they buy what they want.” at no point in the history of the UK have the poor ever been 'given lots of money' so fascinated to know what he's basing that take on.

Are the "poor people" he's talking about working on minimum wage or just-about-surviving-for-now on UC? Both groups are objectively poor people.

Edit

Jel Shaker posted:

that’s certainly going to discombobulate a lot of guardian columnists

Yeah that's gonna make things awkward for them lol

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Why? They'll just say "Corbyn is evil and against free speech, yes I would like to be the token liberal panelist on your politics show, thanks for asking."

Libs have been making GBS threads on free speech for a decade it's not in their toolkit anymore.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I said this earlier about lentils but I'm not sure all this democrazy stuff is worth the faff.

Compared to every other power system it really is.

If there are any online lefties that genuinely don't think the big tech companies aren't going to swerve the banhammer towards them hard a. in the next few years and b. with zero pushback because the banned were presumably problematic then please PM me I have an exciting Sahara Sunset Club opportunity for you.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Mate, they already do this? Most Leftists online who do funny talking on twitter have gotten banned multiple times for doing things like "telling Elon Musk to eat my whole rear end" or calling a Conservative MP a "Slug faced damp hamburger". This has already happened, how the gently caress is someone so terminally online as posting on something awful not seen this already?

That isn't true though, posting lib-tier identikit meme owns is still absolutely allowed.

The closest example of what you're talking about is like The Serfs getting banned for functionally no reason? And yeah that's bad but are you genuinely saying that lib-left people are banned more than alt-right people are? That's an absurd thing to say.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

To say "ooooh they will come for us at some point" is asinine. We know this, it's just not going to do anything unless there is something the equivalent of the capitol hill situation organised from the Left, because the model for tech companies is eternal growth. The Serfs are already back as of this morning too.

It isn't though, the post exactly before this talked about The Rules as though ToS is some intristically good, apolitical god-like meaningful thing rather than the whims of a scummy tech leadership, it isn't asinine whatsoever to point out that's bullshit, especially because your initial point was 'yeah it's bullshit but lefties have suffered more from it already uwu!'.

The very obvious counterpoint to your We're Doomed theory is that the left could just defend free speech, larping insurrection poo poo is absolutely irrelevant to that concept.

Glad the serfs got their channel back though they seem nice.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

I was going to say something to that effect too, yes. The defence against blanket removal of left wing viewpoints is not philosophical free speech absolutism which the power structures can already ignore if they want to and is clearly incompatible with left wing ideas because it is rendered powerless by sealioning, it is making left wing viewpoints so integral and pervasive to online discourse that removing them would make the platforms significantly less viable. Which is the exact same reason the far right has been able to hold out until they started trying to literally execute the US government.

You are literally giving up the leftiest principle in the existence of humanity for 'marketplace of ideas' shite and you've even built in the economic conditions into it it too this is a bafflingly stupid take.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Why worry about this "now"? We've known that they are at the whims of lovely tech billionaires, the operative idea is "why should we worry about that more at the moment, beyond the weird idea that there is an equivalence between Left and Right discourse?"

"Now" well when the gently caress else are people supposed to worry about anything and btw in the last 2 months the UK Labour Party literally banned members from mentioning the objectively true fact that establishment media coverage about antisemitism in the party was exaggerated to the point that it was functionally a lie. There are CLPs that have been scorched-earth all banned from the Party because they weren't willing to lie, and this lovely culture that we should be unforgiving and Censorship Is Good Actually you love so much directly contributed to them getting gently caress all support. Even aside from the principle of the thing there is actually a very salient 'now'.

The number of you defending big tech having control of allowed discourse is loving astounding, do you think the Sun and the Daily Mail have had so much influence accidently?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Big tech is not going to magically not have control if people start arguing about free speech a lot, their control is rooted in material conditions and will not be defeated by philosophy.

Cowardice argument, the defeat of material conditions hardship will neccesarily depend on philosophy, "people shouldn't suffer pain needlessly" is 'philosophy'.

forkboy84 posted:

Free speech is an explicitly liberal concept, it's not the leftiest principle in the existence of humanity you goober.

I will lazily post the most important demand from the Petropavlosk Declaration: "To establish freedom of speech and press for workers and peasants, for Anarchists and left Socialist parties"

Never going to defend the free speech of class enemies, racists and reactionaries, sorry.

Lazy posting seems to be your gimmick but to indulge, free speech is about allowing agency to the poorest, most vulnerable people in any society regardless of the social mores of the time. When you say you don't support the speech of X people you're saying you support the supression of X people and protip, X varies. Congrats that you'd be the enthustiastic French collaborator I guess not sure that's something to be proud of.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

https://twitter.com/mediocredave/status/1351582723132059650?s=21

Article link in the comments, although it is paywalled.

See if "family, community and security" meant 'people have secure income enough to potentially build a family on and their living environment will be holistically positive enough to foster a positive community' that would be amazing but from Kier that talk is 100% just dog-whistle virtue signalling to the few remaining homophobes in the red wall and laying groundwork for a whole new level of potential bullshit in the security state.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Shyrka posted:

This is fun.

2001: Labour. Won locally and nationally. This was before Labour got all crazy authoritarian under the War on Terror.
2005: SNP. Lost locally and obviously nationally. I don't really remember much here but Labour by now was pretty terrible and I wanted out.
2010: LibDem. Lost locally but kind of won nationally? Not what I wanted, but eh. Cleggmania had a lot of people fooled.
2012: AV ref, loss. He needs a baby not an alternative voting system!
2014: Independence ref, loss. Better Together indeed.
2015: SNP. Won locally and I'll say won nationally as in just in Scotland.
2016: EU ref, loss. Sorry did I say Better Together earlier? Lol.
2017: SNP. Lost locally and obviously nationally. Corbyn hadn't been in long enough to get me excited with memories of the Edstone still fresh in mind and Labour have no chance in my constituency.
2019: Labour. Lost locally and nationally. I knew Labour didn't have a chance but I thought I'd at least move the needle. It did not move.

Not fun but it is a journey

2010: Lib Dem, hated the Labour government for hurting the poor while helping the rich and Clegg seemed a more principled option
2012: AV, even printed out my own homegrown flyers and went round the doors putting them in letter boxes. Thought it was wierd that there weren't easily findable/saveable jpegs of graphs saying AV is good
2014: Indy, couldn't vote obviously but memed online supporting independence because if anyone can hypothetically escape these death cult loving tories/nu lab cunts then god bless em take my energy
2015: Greens, actually did door-knocking for Labour because a girl I liked was doing it but in the polling booth got a sudden mental pop-up saying "Remember The Iraq War" and voted Green, then enthusiastically joined the party and actually ended up doing paid campaign work for them. The party management are absolute useless arseholes but will give the party credit that they pay the local living wage even when they could probably get away with not doing that and they do promote internally. Joined Labour after Corbyn won the leadership
2016: Khan, knocked on doors and regardless of how he's turned out anyone who didn't feel at least a bit inspired by Khan is a robot
2016: Remain, it was the obvious better option but accepted the result and was never culturally a "Remainer"
2017: Labour, went canvassing not on my own for once but with my dad and sister and we helped turn our constituency red for the first time in history. Amazing days, the establishment media pricks were screaming that Labour were doomed for caring about the poor but we spat in their loving eyes and won it
2019: Labour, canvassed again but it felt dogshit, rejecting the eu ref result very obviously meant that a massive loss was imminent and I felt like a fake bitch trying to encourage other people to keep doing activism

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Anyone know why Sturgeon should resign is a thing today?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Niric posted:

To do with the story behind this poll I imagine:
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19025944.poll-two-thirds-say-nicola-sturgeon-quit-misled-holyrood-salmond-affair/?ref=twtrec

We're still at the point where liking the snp/Sturgeon is an identity though, so I don't see her being in any trouble at all form this

edit: full article:

Thank you and aside from "Jim Murphy is obviously a reptilian/useless" and Scotland being presented an apparently lefty alternative to new labour dogshit I still can't loving fathom this

it's an insane, massive swing, if there's any legit good books on the rise of the SNP please post em.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Vagabong posted:

Would Scotland leaving the union harm the chances of any kind of left-wing government in the UK as a whole? It's 59 parliamentary seats that could be expected to vote more left wing than the rest of the country, although I understand that this has only really been true since the 80s(?) and also Scottish independence could shake up the English political sphere. It's crab bucket logic but I guess if you were living in England/Wales and wanted the tories out you'd be anti-independence on pragmatic grounds, while if you had similar opinions but lived in Scotland Independence might seem a faster and more permanent route to the same goal.

I think it would slightly hurt the chances not because of the 59 MPs or whatever but because an independent Scotland would swerve sharply to the right, as for nationalists there's no more benefit in flanking Labour from the left and from the reality of being a small supplicatory country trying to meet the conditions to join the EU.

The only way it would help would be if Scotland became a thriving lefty example for the rest of us but that seems significantly less likely than a Scotland that gently races to the bottom and either way we now have another culture war front to distract us lovely.

That said the 2017 swing away from the SNP to lefty Labour was reversed in 2019, independence fundamentally isn't a left-wing project so it's pretty irrelevant honestly. A left-wing government of the UK emerging won't be helped or hurt by SNP voters existing as a secessionist rump.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

Without Scotland, I’d say that we’d likely have Tory rule in the rUK for another couple of decades, probably until the boomers really start dying off en masse.

Good post otherwise but good lord what do you think the livespan of human beings is? Absolute gen x erasure itt

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Hey I had a comment removed by the Graun because 'it did not abide by community standards' - it was something (with no swear words) about the Graun being worse than the Telegraph, Mail and Express because you knew they were right wing but the Graun pretends to be left but is really centre right.

It's rare to see a Guardian article about politics that even allows responses, it used to be the norm but after ~3 months of them posting identikit Corbynites? Useful Dupes or Bigots? guff and getting annihilated under the line they just stopped doing comments a few years ago. Not surprised that the comments are being heavily censored if they are now allowing them again.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

*a french person sweating in front of two buttons that say "fascisme"*

Seriously if Melenchon was able to get through I feel like most of Macron's support would go to Le Pen

That's the big question, 'socialism or barbarism' as options is usually ascribed to the lumpen working class and are both understood/communicated under a big dumb vague 'populism' umbrella, while the ongoing lefty assumption is that the neolib Macron types would ultimately break to barbarism but I'm not sure that's true. Obviously the ruling class of that tendency would support barbarism but I don't think they could bring their base to that, most shitlibs seem surprisingly comfortable going left if it's an option.

gh0stpinballa posted:

idk why but i'm feeling extreme melancholy about what we lost with corbyn tonight, having not thought about it much in months. obviously it was not perfect and some of it was poo poo and cringe but for a moment i saw the beach beneath the pavement my friends. and they loving stole it from me.

Yeah I sometimes get that twinge, we briefly had a leader that not only didn't talk in focus group homilies but would actually talk in loving poetry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAbZ7NXVc1w and it wasn't even performative it was 'this literally communicates what I'm holistically saying' it was real poo poo.

It's okay to feel melancholy, it's not okay to give up.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm not hugely surprised you consider criticising Jewish religious schools, forcing imams to register with the government and sign up to a "charter of republican values", and letting his security man dress up as a police officer to go beat the poo poo out of a protestor as "not barbarism".

I effort posted against the French religious leader registration on free speech grounds in this very thread and literally started the thread about the Gilet jaunes protests when the DSMA Notice was clearly effective as no one else had started one so not sure what point you think you're making but go off king.

Dunno what lore you're talking about with religious schools but yeah I think they're objectively bad regardless of the particular flavour.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

Mushy peas aren't just mashed up, they're soaked and cooked with baking soda. That's the secret to their deliciousness.

Mushy peas are peas thrown in a warm pan, they are parboiled with shitloads of pepper and you shift it about with a spatula until it's the right consistency of Pea. The dream is that individual peas are presevered while it's still functionally a sauce.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Latest Moggcast dropped and gotta be honest Big Jacob seemed shook. Last episode was a month and a half ago and in the intervening period Britain left the EU but I don't think it came up even once, wonder why, and he did the Douglas Murray thing of 'yeah UK covid has been rough but it was us or Corbyn so don't complain too hard'.

It is insane how the press is doing absolutely nothing to hold the government to account on loving up covid this hard. It was forgiveable at the start, we're all in this together/uncharted waters/tough choices etc but it's been almost a year and they've failed to the level that for historical 'which country in the entire world did worst' discussions the UK is a contender but there's still no substansive criticism. It really feels like the events of the last few years have kind of changed the relationship between the media and the right-wing political class like so much of the facade of objectivity was dropped that they can't pretend it was meaningfully there as they did before.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Trying to choose a domain name for my new offerings (maths tutoring).
Which is better out of these three: .net, .com, .org (all 3 are available - max price difference is £5 p.a.)

It's just basically an online visiting card, no blog, no contact forms, no nothing. Just who am I what I do, price, email address.

If your client base is mainly in the UK then go with .org, there's an implied legitimacy to it, if you're going after international clients then 100% do .com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

sassassin posted:

Stocks that they sold for £5 a piece are suddenly valued over £100, losing someone a lot of money they never had (again, the opposite of usual trading).

This is very funny because the system is a joke and the only losers are predatory leeches on society.

Respecting Redditors is a new feeling but lmao